What's new

Mass Effect 2 Male Shepard Romance Options

retic

Noob
Hi there; idk if im supposed to post here or in the OT forum, so forgive me in advanced.

It's my first time to play ME2 now and I already gained Miranda's loyalty and "accepted" her proposition (not yet at teh suicide mission tho).

I read somewhere that Tali is also a romance option; just curious, is Tali's romance playthrough more fulfilling than Miranda's?

I'm just debating if I'm to replay ME2 as a male again going for Tali? Or as a fem shep.

Thanks in advanced ;)

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Hi there; idk if im supposed to post here or in the OT forum, so forgive me in advanced.

It's my first time to play ME2 now and I already gained Miranda's loyalty and "accepted" her proposition (not yet at teh suicide mission tho).

I read somewhere that Tali is also a romance option; just curious, is Tali's romance playthrough more fulfilling than Miranda's?

I'm just debating if I'm to replay ME2 as a male again going for Tali? Or as a fem shep.

Thanks in advanced ;)
I have played both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 many times and have 10 playthroughs from both games set up Mass Effect 3 (and Counting)

So here's the deal with Romances, it is just something on the side, it doesn't affect the overall plot of the game it just gives a different cinematic before the suicide mission.

However, Bioware has stated that past romances will come into play in Mass Effect 3

For future reference for you here is a rundown of romance options for both male and female Shepard

Male: Miranda, Jack, Tali, Samara/Morinth, Kelly (not a cutscene though), and Liara (with Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC)

Female: Jacob, Garrus, Thane, Samara/Morith, Kelly (still not a cutscene), and Liara (still requires LotSB DLC)

Edit: I also forgot this too, when you do both Miranda and Jack's loyalty, if you don't have a high enough paragon or renegade score, you will lose the loyalty of one (and thus the romance option), same goes for Legion and Tali (should you decide to keep Legion)

retic

Noob
thanks for the feedback, but if limiting my options to Miranda and Tali, whose plot is "more fulfilling"/less prone to "WTF??"

PS: Turned down Kelly and Liara. I'm a "nice" SOB :p

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
thanks for the feedback, but if limiting my options to Miranda and Tali, whose plot is "more fulfilling"/less prone to "WTF??"

PS: Turned down Kelly and Liara. I'm a "nice" SOB :p
do what you want, if i give out any more info on the characters, i'll spoil the game