What's new

Tech Martian Tech Hunter!

DRE

(--o--)
I think from midscreen the best combo ender is b13. It doesn't matter that it can't be cancelled into anything.

b13 is a hard knockdown and gives you enough advantage to put an orb right on top of them as they get up. From there you can do the overhead far projectile after the orb frame traps them.

You can also just do nothing after the orb and just wait to see what they like to do.

AAAAHHRRR!!new tech for my martian, and I can't discover anything new cause I'm in freaking Russia where I get him downloaded but no one can take my money for me to be able to play him. And I have to wait.....

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I think from midscreen the best combo ender is b13. It doesn't matter that it can't be cancelled into anything.

b13 is a hard knockdown and gives you enough advantage to put an orb right on top of them as they get up. From there you can do the overhead far projectile after the orb frame traps them.

You can also just do nothing after the orb and just wait to see what they like to do.
I stand by what I said. Phase Charge is the better ender to apply pressure. B13 should be the better ender if you want to play defensive and zone.

DRE

(--o--)
I stand by what I said. Phase Charge is the better ender to apply pressure. B13 should be the better ender if you want to play defensive and zone.
Yeah, I found some more stuff with phase charge earlier today, so I agree.

End combos with b13 to set up meaty orb for zoning.

End combos with phase charge to set up ambiguous air dash pressure.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I've noticed that most people are using his trait as a form of getting the opponent off of you, especially with standing 3. This is definitely a solid strategy, but MM actually has some very effective pressure.
This is the pressure ive been messing with..
ji2 22 close mb orb b3..
If the 22 hits you get combo, if orb hits you also get combo with b3.
If they also block the b3 you get a free b1 or 22 and almost free b2.
At this point you can continue with more mb orb pressure or go for the fifty fifty.

What are some tactics you guys are using

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Ending a combo with MB Martian Grab has a similar effect to ending GL's combos with MB Lantern's Might. B2 after this comes out REALLY meaty, to the point of beating Zod's 3F parry on wakeup before the active frames start.

So ways to use this depending on what you want to achieve:
- MB Martian Grab, dash under, go for a 50/50 with B2 or B1.
- MB Martian Grab, air dash cross up
- MB Martian Grab, dash under, air dash cross up (which beats side dependant wake ups like GL Lantern's Might)
- MB Martian Grab, dash under, Downward Phase Assault (whiff punishes safe wakeups such as Black Adam Lightning Cage)

Combos I'm using that end with MB Martian Grab:
Quick punish (eg. GL B12 trait etc) : F123 dash F12 xx Phase Assault, MB Martian Grab: 25%
Trait 22 Footsies: 22B3, J3 xx Air Phase Assault, B2 xx MB Martian Grab: 29%
MB B3 Punish: B3, J3, J3 xx Air Phase Assault, MB Martian Grab: 35%
Projectile Punish: Down Phase Assault, F12 xx Phase Assault, B2 xx MB Martian Grab: 22%

These are not the only ways, but are the more practical and simpler ones I've found so far.

Easiest way I've been setting up this is by ending combos with B2 xx MB Martian Grab, since the grab has a very low hitbox it seems the most consistent way to end on it without sacrificing too much damage. Thoughts?

Video coming soon to show it beating wake up options.

He is going to be my new Shang for sure, from what I hear his orbs for pressure are like Shangs UpSkull but better.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
You guys are finding all this swag ass tech, and I'm just over here overhead teleporting like a fool.

Edit: Actually I did try to use 22 close orb for pressure, but I didn't really know what to follow it up with.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
This is good stuff. I was working on it this morning.
I have a. question though. Two actually.
In training after a b.3 and the attempt to follow up with j.3 into overhead teleport, the j.3 whiffed and the opponent hit the ground.
Well the teleport came out anyways and hit Damn near on their wakeup instantly and popped em up for a follow up. Would that be something useful or no? Also. When I did a b.3 into j.3 Regular Teleport connecting as a whole, it allows you to dash under like the mb grab does :eek: No meter needed

Not sure how good this would be, but just throwing some stuff put there for ideas.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
I use (day 1 and can definitely be improved upon)

22b3, 4, 22~bf2(MB), b3, ji3~db3, db1
mmm but then you're using 2 bars for one mixup and 3 bars total if you want to combo off of b1. itd be great if we could find a meterless bnb that ends with mb martian grab. gotta be meter efficient!

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
hmmmm weird. if you do b1 xx db3 on a standing opponent it doesnt combo. but after i do mb martian grab>dash under> then use b1 as a meaty as theyre getting up b1 xx db3 DOES combo

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I'm working on something where you end a combo on 22~orb. If they dont wake up or tech roll you can jump right after the orb, activate trait, do a 1 in the air. You'll be at slight advantage on block allowing you to do a B1, 11~Low grab, 112~combo, throw...if they learn to tech roll you hit them with pillar.

This cat has options for days.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I was starting to screw around with this last night. It definitely has potential- lot's of mixup options and such. Good shit man. This character's looking legit.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
This is good stuff. I was working on it this morning.
I have a. question though. Two actually.
In training after a b.3 and the attempt to follow up with j.3 into overhead teleport, the j.3 whiffed and the opponent hit the ground.
Well the teleport came out anyways and hit Damn near on their wakeup instantly and popped em up for a follow up. Would that be something useful or no? Also. When I did a b.3 into j.3 Regular Teleport connecting as a whole, it allows you to dash under like the mb grab does :eek: No meter needed

Not sure how good this would be, but just throwing some stuff put there for ideas.
The answer to both is the same: unless the combos leading to resets end in an untechable knockdown, it can't be proved as a consistent mixup. I messed with teleport dash mixups and ran into that as an issue, which is where I figured MB Martian Grab mixups.

whats your bnb into this if you dont mind me asking?
NoxiousDonny

More or less what I'm using consistently:
Quick punish (eg. GL B12 trait etc) : F123 dash F12 xx Phase Assault, MB Martian Grab: 25%
Trait 22 Footsies: 22B3, J3 xx Air Phase Assault, B2 xx MB Martian Grab: 29%
MB B3 Punish: B3, J3, J3 xx Air Phase Assault, MB Martian Grab: 35%
Projectile Punish: Down Phase Assault, F12 xx Phase Assault, B2 xx MB Martian Grab: 22%

Basically you can only use MB Martian Grab once per combo. I found it's good to use this reset on your opponent's second life to force out a wager. Will add the BnBs to the first post.