What's new

Man why do i have to be that guy.

macro

Eezeepeezee
I hate how i'm just stuck at this lvl that i can't get to a pro lvl but i don't suck.
I feel like i'm making good reads but i also feel like i'm doing somehing wrong.
But i can't find out what. And in the long run i'm still losing the set.
My point is what do you guys think i'm doing wrong and if you went through the same the how did you fix it?

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I hate how i'm just stuck at this lvl that i can't get to a pro lvl but i don't suck.
I feel like i'm making good reads but i also feel like i'm doing somehing wrong.
My point is what do you guys think i'm doing wrong and if you went through the same the how did you fix it?
The only way to get past that point is to find better people to play with to challenge you. Random online matches and such won't cut it. You need to find people better than you and get your ass kicked until you level up.

Well first off this is Injustice. LBSH, you can make the right read and still be punished for it. Plus......... NW ;) btw you wanna talk tech now skype lol?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You can lose every set online or in casuals but you only have to win 2/3 or 3/5 in tournament.

Never expect to win every set.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Just take your time in the match and be extremely patient. Start throwing out more MB F3/B3's after knockdowns...start taking more risks. Who do you play macro?

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
You seem to go into a match mentally restricted because of your confidence in yourself. Before a match close your eyes, count to 10 and tell yourself in a soothing voice, "I will mash the fuck out of down 1 till the other guy is as mentally unstable as I used to be."

But seriously post your matches here. We'll critique it and I money back guarantee you that you Will get better.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
It's a phase in anyone's fighting game journey. The only way past it is to grind it out, but also, and this is huge, whenever you find yourself hitting a plateau, take a break. Give yourself a good 3 days or so away from fighting games. And when you're bored, think about them, write up some theory stuff, watch match videos. But don't play, sometimes being too close to a problem means you'll never figure it out.

If you can, record your own matches and rewatch them critically.

Make sure you're playing people who you need to overcome, make new connections with newer strong players.

Consume match videos - devour them - but don't watch for pure entertainment, be very critical. Note mistakes and x-copy anything you can use.

Imitate better players than yourself, watch their match videos and cop their style, their tech, their habits. Inhabiting someone else's playstyle can be a very instructive, efficient way to broaden your strengths. With a hybrid character like Nightwing this is especially true.

Execution and reactions can only be trained by playing. Sometimes it's wise to "play to learn" and not "to win," it might look like sandbagging, but experiment, try new anti-air options, rethink your approach. When you "should" advance, back up. See how the opponent responds. When you'd normally go for a mix-up, block, see what happens. Challenge yourself in some matches to not let your opponent jump without getting punished, challenge yourself to punish every forward/back dash - win or lose, shift your focus from depleting their health bar to limiting their mobility. See what happens.

Make a checklist of things to master - be critical of your shortcomings, like:

*Master punishing forward dashes
*Pushblock more
*Backdash less
*Develop alternative anti-air approaches: forward dash under tricky cross-up distance normals, neutral jump to better air-to-air certain jumping attacks, etc.

E

Eldriken

You seem to go into a match mentally restricted because of your confidence in yourself. Before a match close your eyes, count to 10 and tell yourself in a soothing voice, "I will mash the fuck out of down 1 till the other guy is as mentally unstable as I used to be."

But seriously post your matches here. We'll critique it and I money back guarantee you that you Will get better.
@macro Do what this guy says and post our matches. If you have none recorded, we'll play some games again if you want and go from there. Remember how I was giving you tips while we were playing and you began to adjust accordingly?

It's a phase in anyone's fighting game journey. The only way past it is to grind it out, but also, and this is huge, whenever you find yourself hitting a plateau, take a break. Give yourself a good 3 days or so away from fighting games. And when you're bored, think about them, write up some theory stuff, watch match videos. But don't play, sometimes being too close to a problem means you'll never figure it out.

If you can, record your own matches and rewatch them critically.

Make sure you're playing people who you need to overcome, make new connections with newer strong players.

Consume match videos - devour them - but don't watch for pure entertainment, be very critical. Note mistakes and x-copy anything you can use.

Imitate better players than yourself, watch their match videos and cop their style, their tech, their habits. Inhabiting someone else's playstyle can be a very instructive, efficient way to broaden your strengths. With a hybrid character like Nightwing this is especially true.

Execution and reactions can only be trained by playing. Sometimes it's wise to "play to learn" and not "to win," it might look like sandbagging, but experiment, try new anti-air options, rethink your approach. When you "should" advance, back up. See how the opponent responds. When you'd normally go for a mix-up, block, see what happens. Challenge yourself in some matches to not let your opponent jump without getting punished, challenge yourself to punish every forward/back dash - win or lose, shift your focus from depleting their health bar to limiting their mobility. See what happens.

Make a checklist of things to master - be critical of your shortcomings, like:

*Master punishing forward dashes
*Pushblock more
*Backdash less
*Develop alternative anti-air approaches: forward dash under tricky cross-up distance normals, neutral jump to better air-to-air certain jumping attacks, etc.
I think I'm gonna start doing this

macro

Eezeepeezee
@macro Do what this guy says and post our matches. If you have none recorded, we'll play some games again if you want and go from there. Remember how I was giving you tips while we were playing and you began to adjust accordingly?
Sounds good! i'll be looking forward to that.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
its better to be just good at game and have life than to be "pro" and just play all day ( you need to do that to be pro )

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
@macro you're fine. Just focus more on neutral than landing tech. I don't play for days at a time, sometime weeks and everytime I come back im unphased, my sequences arent as polished so may fuck up tech, but my neutral will remain strong. Just take note of your bad habits and fix them.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
its better to be just good at game and have life than to be "pro" and just play all day ( you need to do that to be pro )
This is untrue. Dieminion for example doesn't even own a console and only gets practice from tournaments, its all about finding your game, learning your character and establishing a strong neutral game. Obviously practice makes perfect, but at the end of the day a solid player will remain solid assuming they can keep their neutral game strong.