What's new

Man of Steel coming June 14, 2013 - Discussion Thread

187x

Noob
Injustice's story wasn't bad, it was fucking epic...especially compared to MVC's shitty storyline.

But for Superman MOS, was EPIC and far better then Avengers...and DKR. That is all.
it takes guts to say it was better then those movies niggaa. I gotta see it asap

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
My little sister is already seeing it for the second time, and I trust her opinion on movies so it must be pretty good.

i thought DC confirmed that there'll be no JLA movie or someshit like Marvel?
BTW after watching GL movie, the only DC movies i can love is Nolan's Batman series. MoS is ok, just don't like the way the story is, I'd rather watch Avengers 100.
If not a JLA I would be surprised, they've already hired a director for a flash movie and a Wonder Woman and different green lantern are being planned

http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

#hopeforhood

EvilNonsense

steals your stuff
I found it enjoyable. Not great and not bad. The pacing was pretty disjointed. They should have spent more time developing Zod and less time developing Superman.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
it takes guts to say it was better then those movies niggaa. I gotta see it asap
Oh trust me if you're a fan of darker vibe, serious good story and lots of action you will agree lol.

Personally, storywise could perhaps be compared with DK it's that good man(not Dark Knight Rises, DK with Joker) But honestly I thought Avengers was a tad overrated honestly. Just think, it took a whole team of Marvel guys to break Batman(one heroes) box office comic book record, Superman is Superman lol and I agree with the above guy about Faora was kicking ass outside of Superman when he got serious lol. She was moving like Flash in some scenes lol

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I wouldn't quite put it as superman tier.

Maybe green lantern tier.

Incidentally, I'd put green lantern movie as bane tier.

ryublaze

Noob
If MoS is as good as Batman Begins storywise then I'm going to love this movie. I like movies that tell good stories about the superhero and how he came to be.

and Avengers was hella overrated

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I found it enjoyable. Not great and not bad. The pacing was pretty disjointed. They should have spent more time developing Zod and less time developing Superman.
Less time developing the main character and more time developing Zod?

Zod wanted the codex and to recreate a Krypton on Earth...that's all you should really need to know...why the hell should you know anymore haha

I think they did a perfect job developing Superman...let you realize how he had to hold back his whole life and imagine what kind of weight off the shoulders it would be to finally utilize it

Grublet

Noob
I thought it was pretty good. The last act made me feel like I was watching DBZ with all those flight fights.

EvilNonsense

steals your stuff
Less time developing the main character and more time developing Zod?

Zod wanted the codex and to recreate a Krypton on Earth...that's all you should really need to know...why the hell should you know anymore haha

I think they did a perfect job developing Superman...let you realize how he had to hold back his whole life and imagine what kind of weight off the shoulders it would be to finally utilize it
A great hero needs a great villain. Zod didn't seem world-conquering evil until the very end. Up until then he was overshadowed by Faora. Superman's origin has been told many times. You don't need to go into great detail to say he's a nice guy who likes to help people.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
A great hero needs a great villain. Zod didn't seem world-conquering evil until the very end. Up until then he was overshadowed by Faora. Superman's origin has been told many times. You don't need to go into great detail to say he's a nice guy who likes to help people.
So you think, in Superman movies, you don't need to build Kal-El's character? Christopher Nolan said he wants it to feel like the very origin of his characters like he did for Batman Begins. If you skip all of the finding himself as a person and having to cope with his strength as a child then you end up with a Superman Returns...just puts you somewhere in the middle. And if we want to talk about "great villans" then we'd have to see Zod in more than one movie. They wanted you to fall in love with Superman, and intrigued, not enthralled, by Zod. You knew what Zod wanted and you can tell he was ambitious about it. Why would you spend a whole movie building Zod (who, need I remind you, Kal-El knew nothing about until the middle area of the movie) when the first 20 minutes of the movie revolved around him...you understood his goals and then he got sent away...he comes back an hour later with how he was able to use his prison to escape. You don't need more back-story of him lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Pretty disappointing. Here I was thinking the movie would be awesome and it turns out to be just as bad as the others. I guess superman was not meant for the big screen. I have nothing against superman but Damn.

I will spit on your tomb!

Are you from this planet? Seriously?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I loved the movie. I was not a big fan of Superman. He was probably my least favorite hero. I will admit I went to see it because Nolan was involved. I couldn't be happier. I mean I have literally zero gripes. Scratch that... I was disappointed that Zod didn't scream his iconic line. It was great though.

The opening sequence on Krypton was so amazing and unexpected. I didn't think much of the movie would take place there. Alas I was wrong. It was actually my favorite segment. Russel Crowe did a great job... the Cgi was superb.

It was really emotional. I probably shed a tear like 6 times... yes I counted. I never cry in movies. I think that shit is stupid... but I couldn't help myself. There are only a few times I have ever shed a tear movie related. During the ending of the Dark Knight Rises... and the end of Rambo 1. I mean really.

Zod... nuff said. His role was great. I didn't know whether or not to root for Zod or Superman. He actually killed thousands of people. It was sadistic. I don't want to spoil anything... so I cant really talk about my favorite part.

I loved how they gave Lois a good role. She wasn't a defenseless woman.. neither was she some warrior princess. I liked it. She needed saving... she did saving... blah blah blah she was pretty hot.

The visuals were outstanding. The acting was more than decent... the music was very fitting. The plot was decent, it wasn't anything earth shattering... but it was better than I expected.

All in all I thought the movie was great. I was going to write an academic review for TYM. A really intelligible review... but I decided that I was too biased. This has easily become my favorite movie to date. So I will not write an academic review... it would not only be biased... but it would be coming from someone who doesn't know much about Superman.

If you are a casual DC fan... go watch this movie. If you are clinging to the old Superman and want the story to be like older iterations... watch the movie and be disappointed. :D

this guy sounds just like a critic which is why im not paying him any mind. i LITERALLY just got done seeing the movie and got right on TYM to see if there was any threads like this lol in MY opinion (which is what every movie is about your personal thoughts) the movie was visually AMAZING from the fight scenes to kal-el (aka superman for those who didnt know) just simply taking flight. im a person who enjoys long movies because things can be explained more and dont have to be rushed (this a 2 hour movie). i dont have ANY complaints with this movie at all it was great. dont listen to these people who sit back and pick a part movies because at the end of the day you have to see the movie for yourself. if you like you like it, if you hate it you hate it. ITS YOUR OPINION you have to see it for yourself. if you ask me i would definitely request this movie. if you like action and a movie that looks good? go see it. great movie 5/5 for me. OH and zod looks like a BEAST!!!!!!! in the movie. im kinda hating the way they made him look in injustice but oh well ill still be playing him lol. anyway for those who havent seen it you should go check it out once again it is long but well worth the money. #TeamZod

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Obviously..

i think you went in with the critic attitude and that's why you didn't like it. there is no such thing as too much action for a freaking super hero movie (not saying you said that). the story was an origin story, those stories have to take sooooo much lore and backstory and keep it canon with their own twist IMHO i think they did a good job with it.

regulas

Your Emporer
My 4 biggest issues with the film

1 - I love Michael J. Fox but please don't hire him to act as the cameraman

2- Individually most of the scenes were great! But the shift between them was generally either jarring or awkward to the point that it felt almost like a jumble of random scenes rather then a movie.

3 - Failed to establish Zod as being either threatening or otherwise notable in anyway, instead he's just this generic villain who's special quality is getting angry.

4 - Too avoid being specific; one of the final scenes of the movie... I'm not even a superman fan but that is just something that should not happen, and I am astounded DC allowed it.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I enjoyed it. I thought it would have turned out better with Nolan instead of Snyder directing, not really a fan of Snyder. It felt like a Marvel flick though, more focus on action rather than story and character development. It still had that gritty, DC style though.

It was fun to watch though, and I would pay to see more.

If I remember correctly Batman Begins didn't receive the best reviews either but that movie set the back story to probably the greatest comic book trilogy.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Pretty disappointing. Here I was thinking the movie would be awesome and it turns out to be just as bad as the others. I guess superman was not meant for the big screen. I have nothing against superman but Damn.

This guy is a fool and a troll. His opinion lost any and all validity when he said "its just as bad as the others" I saw it and I think it is one of the best movies of the year. To say it s as bad as superman returns or quest for peace. You sir need to pull your head out of your ass.

This guy is a fool and a troll.
I am not trolling nor am I a fool. I'm simply saying what " I " thought of the movie. If I was trolling, I would have said something like, "if you haven't watched it yet, don't. Instead, your better off going to watch After Earth". If you had bothered reading down below, I said my reasons. I didn't just make a statement just because. If you don't agree, good for you. If you do, glad I'm not the only one.