What's new

Man of Steel coming June 14, 2013 - Discussion Thread

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Just saw it.

It was better than I expected. Also more action that I thought. I'd say it had lower lows than the avengers, but higher highs. I'd give it the same score I gave it, 4/5.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I didn't watch it in 3d, cause I don't like 3d crap.

5/5 for me, because it did what it needed to do; introduce superman and fight a bad ass villain.

Movie was a great... Sets up a sequel as well which has already been greenlit. Go see it for yourself. This is a coming of age film, so don't expect an Avengers type of movie where every super hero has already been established. There is enough action to satisfy and the story was good.

Edit: You definitely do not have to see it in 3D, total waste.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Agree. Was not the best. Expected better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Man of Steel was the second time I sat in a theatre with my mouth hanging open out of amazement. The first time was when I saw The Dark Knight.

Without spoiling anything for those who haven't seen it, the movie is a fast paced origin with non-linear story telling through the first part that is set on a grand scale of action with complex underlying ideals.

Man of Steel is an amazing movie with a fresh take on Superman. I highly recommend it.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I thought it was good. The main problem i think the movie had was through structure and there wasn't too much character development. But I thought Henry Cavill as superman was great. The Action scenes were what I had been waiting for in a superman movie, after 5 movies of superman basically doing nothing.

I know. I usually look up IMDB for movie scores and most times I agree with them. However people tend to overrate big releases like MOS The Hobbit or the Avengers. At least metacritic is way better than that piece of crap site rotten tomatoes
I do agree that metacritic and IMDB hold a lot more merit than rotten tomatoes (lol), its still all in the eyes of the individual whether it was good or not. I'm the only one in my friends / family that really loved Clerks lol

JaredL

I do agree that metacritic and IMDB hold a lot more merit than rotten tomatoes (lol), its still all in the eyes of the individual whether it was good or not. I'm the only one in my friends / family that really loved Clerks lol

I think rotten tomatoes is best honestly. That said, I don't always agree with it. It puts more emphasis on critics rather than fanboys or haters.

I think rotten tomatoes is best honestly. That said, I don't always agree with it. It puts more emphasis on critics rather than fanboys or haters.
Yeah but either way, general consensus won't always agree with how you feel.
If everybody everywhere says that "The Life of Nikki Minaj" is a great movie with 10/10 acting and special effects, will you honestly believe the same? lol

JaredL

Yeah but either way, general consensus won't always agree with how you feel.
If everybody everywhere says that "The Life of Nikki Minaj" is a great movie with 10/10 acting and special effects, will you honestly believe the same? lol

I know, I prefer to see stuff myself.

Secret shame... i really liked freddy got fingered. I later found out that everyone and their mother hated it.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Secret shame... i really liked freddy got fingered. I later found out that everyone and their mother hated it.
Holy shit, a post of yours I actually agree w/. Yes, this movie was hilarious and people that took it too seriously were stupid. When his friend breaks his leg and the father throws the skateboard on it, I almost cried w/laughter