What's new

Make or Break list for MK X

What things will make you play or quit this game? What things will severely disappoint you and deter you from playing it competitively or make you play it for a long time?

Most important: Lack of anti-air ability... no anti-airs = no spacing = bad game

1. Safe fifty/fifty vortexes: these are the most braindead form of fighting
2. Anything like earthshaker
3. Anything like doomsday's shoulder charge or martian's tp or killer frosts slide
4. Massive damage resets I.E. smoke or cyrax: this rewards people too heavily and fraud players
5. Safe teleports: I.E. someone suggested to me raiden's tp be safe and i got angry as fuck
6. Safe armor: such as sonya's cartwheel.... the only characters who really deserve armor are brute-type characters like ferra torr.... not characters that are mobile rushdown chars.

If this game rewards scrubby players in the long run i might give up. Injustice is its own broken game but its a handicap game. I want footsies. I want a game where players like woundcowboy and dab will beat you 50 times in a row if they are better than you because the game rewards the smarter player. I am assuming this is extremely wishful thinking.

doomsday shoulder isnt even that bad, it really depends what the options are after doing the shoulder.

raiden teleport could allowed to be safe after cancelling it from certain strings(not more than 2 strings imo). Like after cancelling from some strings he should be only -4 or something, but only if there is a good post teleport guessing game, like backdash vs opponents options like a fast poke etc.

Ex teleports should be allowed to be safe as long as it's a teleport that doesn't result in a direct attack( a ninja teleport). Like raiden or Kung lao ex teleport were fine.

Safe armor should never result in full combo imo and there should be options to punish it on whiff or specific counters you can do if you make a good read.

I'd like to expand on the safe armor by saying safe armored launchers. Those can die in a fire.
If it's something like Jax's dash punch or some such, I think it's alright for it to be safe on block, but still keep it whiff-punishable.

Everything else you pretty much got, I think.
Though I'm semi-worried about interactables on block, I.E., I don't want them being like +10 so any character can just do shit like 'string>interactable>free mix-up."

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
What things will make you quit this game??? What things will severely dissappoint you and deter you from playing it competively???

Most important: Lack of anti-air ability... no anti-airs = no spacing = bad game

1. Safe fifty/fifty vortexes: these are the most braindead form of fighting
2.Anything like earthshaker
3. antyhing liek doomsday's shoulder charge or martian's tp or killer frosts slide
4. Massive damage resets I.E. smoke or cyrax: this rewards people too heavily and fraud players
5.Safe teleports : I.E. someone suggested to me raiden's tp be safe and i got angry as fuck
6. safe armor: such as sonya's cartwheel.... the only characters who really deserve armor are characters liek ferra torr.... not characters that are mobile rushdown chars.

If this game rewards scrubby players in the long run i might give up. Injustice is its own broken game but its a handicap game. I want footsies. I want a game where players like woundcowboy and dab will beat you 50 times in a row if they are better than you because the game rewards the smarter player. I am assuming this si extremely wishful thinking.
Hmm, If I would have just read number's 1-6 without anything else I would have thought this thread would be called RiBBz22's keys to victory.

doomsday shoulder isnt even that bad, it really depends what the options are after doing the shoulder.

raiden teleport could allowed to be safe after cancelling it from certain strings(not more than 2 strings imo). Like after cancelling from some strings he should be only -4 or something, but only if there is a good post teleport guessing game, like backdash vs opponents options like a fast poke etc.

Ex teleports should be allowed to be safe as long as it's a teleport that doesn't result in a direct attack( a ninja teleport). Like raiden or Kung lao ex teleport were fine.

Safe armor should never result in full combo imo and there should be options to punish it on whiff or specific counters you can do if you make a good read.
raidens tp can be safe from a cancelled string it is in mk9, but safe on whiff is diff.

doomsday isn't top tier because risk reward is in opponents favor, but get in for free armor moves i think are relatively braindead.

raidens tp can be safe from a cancelled string it is in mk9, but safe on whiff is diff.

doomsday isn't top tier because risk reward is in opponents favor, but get in for free armor moves i think are relatively braindead.
Like I said it depends on what the post ''braindead'' options are. Raidens normals were slow so after an ex teleport he didn't always get in for free and there were some counters to it on read. The only version of kung lao ex teleport that was safe was the whiff grab version, which you could get away from before he could do anything, so there were always counters.

i just want a game with footsies and anti-airs... i like injustice but it is its own game...

throw me on the bad players list if you want, but i really don't enjoy as many characters in injustice as i do in mk9... i find when i fight my friends sindel with my nightwolf, its much more fun than fighting his sonya with my cage or kenshi. just my two cents

I honestly don't enjoy playing zod as much as martian simply because doing zod's fifty/fifty mixups is boring to me, really really boring. I don't enjoy a lot of characters in this game as much as i did mk9.

Like I said it depends on what the post ''braindead'' options are. Raidens normals were slow so after an ex teleport he didn't always get in for free and there were some counters to it on read. The only version of kung lao ex teleport that was safe was the whiff grab version, which you could get away from before he could do anything, so there were always counters.
It's just doomsday's shoulder takes away from the fun parts of the game in my opinion and just reduces it too a guessing game. There's no baiting and whiff punishment and mind games, only guessing.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
i just want a game with footsies and anti-airs... i like injustice but it is its own game...

throw me on the bad players list if you want, but i really don't enjoy as many characters in injustice as i do in mk9... i find when i fight my friends sindel with my nightwolf, its much more fun than fighting his sonya with my cage or kenshi. just my two cents

I honestly don't enjoy playing zod as much as martian simply because doing zod's fifty/fifty mixups is boring to me, really really boring. I don't enjoy a lot of characters in this game as much as i did mk9.
What in injustice cannot be anti aired?

armored launchers, high damage resets, safe 50/50's gotta go.

MKX has a block button, so I welcome silly ambiguous crossups and Earthshakers. Also 50/50s are okay but should be like Scorpion's (maybe a little better, but the idea that you can punish is huge)
overheads can't be slower pressure extenders, liu kangs a perfect example of a fine overheard mixup game. scorpion has safe options to mixup too, scorpion is fine in my eyes.

Maybe aa was too easy in MK?

Sonya, cage, Lao, cyrax,
Kabal being able to aa w ease let alone a mile away?

Not every game can be the same
Those characters aren't overpowered solely because of their ability to anti-air. Cyrax is damage, sonya is armor and down 4, cage is pressure output

Okay i see your point though. Maybe certain characters can have more aerial based games, or characters like i.e. bison in streetfighter can have issues with jumping simply because they control space too well. So long as their is some attempt to balance it loosely. I agree it shouldn't be mk9 v2. But i really crave a footsie game.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It is what he prefers, it is his make or break list. You're making a problem out of nothing.
I'm just tired of people complaining about inj and making excuses for it that are more about them than the game

Case n point all those guys who say "wait till MKx injustice players,
We'll show u how it's done" when most those guys were crap in mk and inj

It's just annoying as for @Peckapowa he's actually a really good player but I think this thread is an excuse haven for some

I'm just tired of people complaining about inj and making excuses for it that are more about them than the game

Case n point all those guys who say "wait till MKx injustice players,
We'll show u how it's done" when most those guys were crap in mk and inj

It's just annoying as for @Peckapowa he's actually a really good player but I think this thread is an excuse haven for some

I have a habit of arguing with people about that too. I play with a lot of people who dropped the game because it's bad and "has no fundamentals", and i will sit there and argue with them about what they can and can't do. These players tend to be closed minded and they coincedentally in my opinion don't have good fundamentals themselves. I think the more you play a game the better peopel get and the more it rewards smart play. I excel against doomsday, but in my opinion a lot can be done better.

The only people i have fun against online, are dab, theo the few times i have played him, and jupiter. I don't have as much fun against you and dave, because i feel like i have to play like a retard to beat zod with martian and go crazy. Even though its in my favor i feel like i can't play patient its just a big giant abuse fest on both sides.

Im open to pretty much anything, I trust NRS.

But no vortexes that are both meterless and safe. Any vortex needs to either cost meter, or be punishable by the ENTIRE CAST. They really have no place in fighting games otherwise.

For everything else, I will defer to the best judgment of NRS. If you think about it, how many people said that running should never return? Well, we have it now, and it looks quite functional.

T33-Kahn

Waifu, Peacock, Cutie Patootie,...
i want walkspeed and dashes to be different for each variation. :(

Last edited:
Im open to pretty much anything, I trust NRS.

But no vortexes that are both meterless and safe. Any vortex needs to either cost meter, or be punishable by the ENTIRE CAST. They really have no place in fighting games otherwise.

For everything else, I will defer to the best judgment of NRS. If you think about it, how many people said that running should never return? Well, we have it now, and it looks quite functional.
The thing about 50/50 characters is, if you put them in a game like mk, rushdown will be useless bevause 50/50's are by far the better playstyle( at least if you assume the 50/50's are safe)