What's new

Madden 15

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I'll be watching to see if this is any good. I gave up on Madden years ago after the slew of garbage games that were made for the Xbox 360 generation. I'm hoping they can get back to what made Madden good during the PS2 era.
Yeah I am not really getting my hopes up, but I will give it a try.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
most of you have already seen my madden rants as I am a true football fan and like to express my opinion. madden 15 without a doubt sucks. infinity engine has been improved but still leads to players tripping for no reason and weird tackles that for whatever reason push the ball carrier forward. defense is better I'll give it that but offense got better as well , for the most part it is kind of balanced. character models are terrible and only certain stars are done well. they can't even get faces right on certain players like ej manuels and he is the starting qb, I also think daltons looks bad as well. sidelines are still garbage compare nba 2k14 to madden 15 sidelines. 2k14's side lines are very acurate where as madden just doesn't care to add small elements to the game. Also I find the running a little better but different, it's like not as wiggly as madden 25 which is a good thing but it still feels unatural. In real life I can slow down and control my movement so why can't I in madden. Also MuT still looks to be pay2win so i'll skip that bs this year. the new gridiron mode is all taken from madden 08 and 07 and just reused and given a different name. also player creation stilll isn't great with ea limiting what you can put on your player.

Positives: Better graphics, better defense, more plays(this could be a good or bad thing), more penaltys, better options at the line.

Negatives: ai still drops open pics and open passes, new so called player cam is just taken right out of ncaa, gridiron taken out of older versions of madden, announcers still sound like they are speaking casually on a couch and feel uninterested, certain formations I can already tell from the get go are going to be instant abuse, some faces aren't done well, player creation lacking, MuT still p2w, lack of details on certain parts of the field, infinity engine still bad, online has new mode for seeing opponents previous play.

Game gets a 4/10

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I'd be down to join that league. I bleed Big Blue but I already have started my franchise with them so dibs on the Brownies.

If your main gripe was playing defense, then it sounds like you definitely want to give this one a shot. It sounds like they really improved on playing the defensive side of the ball: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/21/madden-nfl-15-review
Aww man. IGN are paid clowns, especially by the big guys like EA. I can't say there is a good outlet for reviews these days... Twitch perhaps. The problem is AAA companies give review sites early access to their titles in turn for sugar coated reviews that typically paint the game to be much better than it is. Review sites are forced to do this because they know the site with the earliest reviews gets the most hits.

My best suggestion to most people is to play a demo before you buy any EA sports games. Of course they've handcuffed people on that now with the EA access BS.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I don't think that anyone has stepped up to make a league yet. I probably won't as I've never done it before.
I can commish the league I have ran a few in the past (mostly NCAA, but those are way harder to run than Madden). We can make a PM group and go through the rules regarding when the league advances, and potentially vote on any setting changes depending on how the game plays.

I can create the league later on tonight when Amazon Prime comes through for me. I figure the first season we can actually play the pre-season (I usually skip it) since the game is new and it will give us a chance to try stuff out.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I would recommend that everyone do the Skill Trainer for the defense. It teaches you the new mechanics.