What's new

Madden 13 League (Xbox)

GhosT

Noob
In light of spletty's thread aimed at creating a league for madden 13 via psn. I am going to start a similar league only for the Xbox users.

I will be playing as New Orleans, My friend will be using San Fran

I would like to play one week of games per real week.

Message me and post on this thread if interested, and what team you would like to represent. I will be able to acquire more members via my xbl friend list, many players who dont play MK will be in the league, I would like to offer spots/teams to the TYM guys first as a courtesy. Let me know if you want in!

@TYM GhosT New Orleans Saints
GooN 4a San Fransico 49ers
STB Bodam Carolina Panthers
Peckapowa New England Pat's (i think)

GhosT

Noob
I would but I don't buy Madden anymore. it's just an updated roster every year.
This year they actually did change it quite a bit.

The physics engine makes it a completely different game. But i agree the previous four years or so was basically trash lol

LEGEND

YES!
I would but I don't buy Madden anymore. it's just an updated roster every year.
like Ghost said, this year is much improved from the previous maddens. They pretty much created this one from the ground up, hardly anything in 13 has been carried over from another madden. Plus they have a new dynamic physics engine that is simply incredible

if you've been into online franchises in the past, this years version (connected careers) Added pretty much everything i've ever wanted in an online league

LEGEND

YES!
Okay i didnt see that, I will play in your league, if i can convince BDMAO to let me use New orleans, Im so loyal to my saints i wont even use another team in madden (lol)

Still considering making a seperate league in addition to joining yours. Let me know if the saints become available.
we may or may Not be doing a Fantasy draft, if that changes anything as far as team selection. I talked it over with my buddy and he most likely will switch to the falcons if we all choose to have a fantasy draft, other people may do the same

GhosT

Noob
we may or may Not be doing a Fantasy draft, if that changes anything as far as team selection. I talked it over with my buddy and he most likely will switch to the falcons if we all choose to have a fantasy draft, other people may do the same
I dont think you can fantasy draft in M13. They disabled that feature. I hope im wrong but im pretty sure you cant, start up a one man league and tell me if there is a setting for a draft, the internet was telling me there was no draft, and i didnt see an option when i was making my league.

Spletty

Grandmaster
I dont think you can fantasy draft in M13. They disabled that feature. I hope im wrong but im pretty sure you cant, start up a one man league and tell me if there is a setting for a draft, the internet was telling me there was no draft, and i didnt see an option when i was making my league.
there is on ps3 now, it was just recently added. I believe you had to start a career for coaches only and after you hit start career Itl give you the option.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
They would do that when I decide to stop buying it what looks like the same game every year. =/

Fail.
It's funny because I told myself, last year after buying Madden 12, that I would not buy another copy of Madden until they totally re-did their shit.

...................................that didn't end up taking long, lol

LEGEND

YES!
they just added it

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Idk about you guys, but I can't do fantasy drafts. I HAVE to have the right players on my team. (no matter how shitty they are... Lol titans).

LEGEND

YES!
Idk about you guys, but I can't do fantasy drafts. I HAVE to have the right players on my team. (no matter how shitty they are... Lol titans).
i'm kinda the same way, usually end up reaching for my favorite players earlier in the draft than i should and you can always try n trade for them

in Madden11 i use to always reach for Victor Cruz and Danny Woodhead back when they were 60 something overall. Sadly now i hardly ever get the chance to draft them now

NB Semi Evil Ryu

So it's really different and feels new?
I'll give you a good example:

You may or may not have ever been guilty of this, but I have been. In past Maddens, whenever you're running the ball through a gap in the line, sometimes you kind of bump into your own blocker but still eventually run around/through him by just running against his back until you finally go through. Basically, you're running into an invisible non-hostile wall.

However, with this year's version, you now have to be more careful when you try to navigate through a gap. If you run into one of your blockers like you have in previous versions, it will actually knock you around and make you stumble or knock you flat on your ass. Also, if you're trying to run over one of your blockers who is laid out on the ground, you have to hit Y/Triangle to jump over him, otherwise you will trip over him. The past recent Maddens, you would just run over him like he wasn't even there.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'll give you a good example:

You may or may not have ever been guilty of this, but I have been. In past Maddens, whenever you're running the ball through a gap in the line, sometimes you kind of bump into your own blocker but still eventually run around/through him by just running against his back until you finally go through. Basically, you're running into an invisible non-hostile wall.

However, with this year's version, you now have to be more careful when you try to navigate through a gap. If you run into one of your blockers like you have in previous versions, it will actually knock you around and make you stumble or knock you flat on your ass. Also, if you're trying to run over one of your blockers who is laid out on the ground, you have to hit Y/Triangle to jump over him, otherwise you will trip over him. The past recent Maddens, you would just run over him like he wasn't even there.
Im gonna have to pull a Murph and rent it. And depending on due.dates for rentals... I'd join and rep the worst team in the league, the titans. Lol

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Message me if u want in. And LETHAL LEGEND give me info for your league, i dont mind joining two.
I think that we need to figure out what we're going to do because I'm pretty sure that Lethal Legend hasn't started his league yet. Might be best if we just started one instead of two, if it's not too late.

LEGEND

YES!
I think that we need to figure out what we're going to do because I'm pretty sure that Lethal Legend hasn't started his league yet. Might be best if we just started one instead of two, if it's not too late.
if you guys feel like we have enough people i can start one right now. But i really want input from everyone for the rules first