What's new

Lupe Fiasco deletes derogatory MK tweet after being challenged by SonicFox

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
He was trolling! I don't understand CrimsonShadow and DMS figured it out... What's wrong with the rest of you people? He knows he's not good at fighting games. He did it to troll. He trolls all the time. He's considered by many to be one of the greatest rappers of all time, what does he have to prove to the fighting game community?
No one considers him to be one of the goat's

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
That was just a satirical excuse to not play sonic fox. He always does that. Like one time someone asked him to okay street fighter and he said "I only play world champions" or something like that. He makes up funny ways to duck people. That's it. It's not that serious.
And he always deletes tweets. This isn't the first time. Which is why I don't understand why this is front paged.
Yeah it's all good yo

It's just people expressing how they felt about the situation. It'll be taken, digested and out of my system by the morning ya dig.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
So what Lupe can't play MK at a high level. He still got more money then most of us here will ever see in our lives. At the end of the day, this is a video game. He is finaically secure and living life.

Last edited:

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Reading some of these comments is hilarious. Lupe accomplished real life achievements. Not some video game glory, oh and the dude is paid! He dont have to prove Sonic Fox a damn thing. I would love to just travel around the world like he does.

Real life achievements>video games

Reading some of these comments is hilarious. Lupe accomplished real life achievements. Not some video game glory, oh and the dude is paid! He dont have to prove Sonic Fox a damn thing. I would love to just travel around the world like he does.

Real life achievements>video games
tbh i dont see your point at all? this is a video GAME forum, MKX fans forum, not a life advice forum so your comment is kinda dumb

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
These two guys get it.

Then if you really want to just teach him fighting games and then pull up some of the countless daigo footage on the internet. Then compare that display of skill to how he played against lupe.
Too lazy/couldn't give two shits. Was jut saying. It's not always obvious to everyone.

Spooky Deadeye

Project-6 β
You see, is this kind of thing that backfires a lot, every now and then.
Okaaayyy... Maybe Sonicfox is good, but i think his overconfidence will be his downfall in the future.
Maybe not this year, or the other. His overconfidence to me, in my point of view, is greedy.
He is greedy with his skills, and i think when someone else (Maybe Batman :3) beats him, that's when it backfires and Karma just bites you right where it hurts the most. Not saying he should lose, but... he should show some more... How should i say this... respect to others? His tweets are... childish. If you really are good at fighting games, then you should respect others. If they challenge you, think they will beat you. Let them think that.
Don't go around saying "I WILL BODY YOUR MAIN LIKE IT WAS A SUNDAY!".
If i was him with the tweets, i be like. "Okay cool. Looking forward for next week's matches. Better sharpen my skills more just in case. Don't want any loose screws now, lol.".
But hey, i'm not him. If he think how he is doing things is right, then so be it.

Note: This is me being fully honest.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Smh reading through these post like "they say capcom thinks they are the egotistical ones" smh whoever said this beef doesn't affect clearing is lying... Because hey got like 20 post in here.. Nrs players are just as bad as capcom players when it comes to their favorite game. Y'all all have a problem with loupe y'all knew he posted this so why y'all ain't get at him? Once again one Nrs player challenges someone to the game of mkx. I feel bad for the community some times. No wonder half the or over half the mk community doesn't even know what + frames are.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Whether Lupe was serious or not, I got to admit I got a little defensive, as well...

He should expect such a thing, if a famous person was like "Wow, Lupe's music is absolute garbage", he'd get offended.
You defend your passion.

Additionally, not everybody is expect to know who Lupe is but if you want to listen to lyricism in its purist form - listen to Lupe...and if you want an album to listen to - Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor or The Cool, both great albums.

Check him out before you start hating!!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I actually like his music. I mean yeah what goes around comes around and talking trash is a sure way to get rekt, but I don't really care what he has to say enough to do the reking.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Too lazy/couldn't give two shits. Was jut saying. It's not always obvious to everyone.
My point was more that, if your co-worker couldn't tell it was staged then he doesn't know fighters in the first place. And that doesn't really matter. Could've worded that better.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Sure, it's appropriate in regards to the shallow surface y'all are engaged in.

You see someone famous talk shit to the MK community after winning a fraud match against one of the best SF players. You say "umm, you're a scrub and the match against Daigo was staged, stfu you suck. Now go away". This is assuming he's only talking shit because of that match and the pseudo notoriety he got within the FGC.

This is the position y'all hold. I agree with this, IF that's the position he's actually taking.

To me, it's bigger... ish. I see it as an opportunity for our community to grow. Lupe has a huge following and people who follow him aren't necessarily apart of the FGC. They see him having "beef" with Fox or MK players, they get interested. Obviously they will be on Lupe's side, but what if it gets even ONE more player in our community? It's all about expanding our horizons for me. I believe this community deserves much more attention than it gets, even though we can be particularly shitty at times, we have worked hard to build what we have, I only want it to grow from here not diminish.
Know Nothings aren't what you want.

Their interest is conditional and very fickle.

FGC isn't like sports because most people know sports. Most people know almost nothing about fighting games.

That match was like Von Miller letting a 5 year old slip past him for a TD. If you didn't see it that way, then you don't have a clue about SF.

Now, there are lots of guys saying that the match obviously wasn't thrown. Not only do they not-know, but they spread their not-knowing misinformation. Its only an opportunity to increase numbers through the clueless.

GAV

"I'll beat him on SF and drag him to a real game"

This was a joke yeah? SF is the ultimate in fighting games. That game will be alive for like 5-6 years while ours may last another year or two.
Totally wrong...

MK9 and Injustice both had gaps in the movements that made it feel dated. They didn't flow. SF has always been a game that just flowed. Even when they brought those crap EX mechanics to SFIV, the game still flowed. That's what kept SFIV going...

Now, MKX has that flow. Its not going to die. In addition, its a much more complete game that SFV is. Now, don't get me wrong - I love SFV, but MKX - and especially MKXL - is just better.

Of course, when Injustice 2 comes out - MKXL play will slow down a ton, but so will SFV play when the next SF game comes out.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Totally wrong...

MK9 and Injustice both had gaps in the movements that made it feel dated. They didn't flow. SF has always been a game that just flowed. Even when they brought those crap EX mechanics to SFIV, the game still flowed. That's what kept SFIV going...

Now, MKX has that flow. Its not going to die. In addition, its a much more complete game that SFV is. Now, don't get me wrong - I love SFV, but MKX - and especially MKXL - is just better.

Of course, when Injustice 2 comes out - MKXL play will slow down a ton, but so will SFV play when the next SF game comes out.
Yeah but NRS is starting to develop a pattern where the next game comes out like 2-3 years after a game is released. SF4 was around for like 7-8 years before SF5 came out. If MKX was like that I'd be totally happy, but we'd have to wait and see - especially with these Injustice 2 rumours floating around

GAV

Not sure why people are getting all worked up and attacking Lupe.

He was a fan of Daigo. Wanted to play him. Capcom took the chance to promote SFV. Daigo let a fan win an exhibition match. Lupe was humble and was happy as hell to win to someone he looked up to.

Daigo doesn't care letting a fan win, Lupe got his dream, Capcom got their promoting. That's all there is to it. Not sure why people are feuding on Twitter and people attacking him personally.
Its like a Make-A-Wish Foundation kid getting to score a TD in an NFL game, then talking shit on the NBA's elite telling them to come get some too - only Lupe's a grown man who got to play out a kid's dream.

GAV

Yeah but NRS is starting to develop a pattern where the next game comes out like 2-3 years after a game is released. SF4 was around for like 7-8 years before SF5 came out. If MKX was like that I'd be totally happy, but we'd have to wait and see - especially with these Injustice 2 rumours floating around
MKX is different than the last two games man. It has a whole different feel to it.

When Injustice comes out, MKX play will slow down - but if it doesn't for a long time, I don't think it would without a game to move onto.