What's new

low hitbox

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
How does KL deal with lowhit box characters and good d4s besides jumping and f3? How viable is F4 to deal with pokes? B1 seems to outreach D1s and D3s but its too slow any help?

GhosT

Noob
Since your using Kl. id say use your frames to advantage, it really depends on who your playing and what your against to be honest, but generically, id say if its that bad you can cross over and do a jump in kick, its easier to land that a cross up JIP, especially if they are doing d1 , 3and 4's. try and make them respect it then go into Kl's pressure, but TBH it shouldn't be too terribly hard with all the options Kl has as far ss Dive dick teleport and frame pressure, he's one of the easier characters to get around it IMO

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
24 and 21212 - i had the same problem as you until i wisened up and started using these like crazy

24 and 21212 - i had the same problem as you until i wisened up and started using these like crazy
the first hit in those strings wiff, you need to make them commit to a move and block the 2 before you can really make true use of these strings, other people who know how to deal with this will just poke you out of the whiffed 2. characters like jax, kitana, mileena give him a lot of trouble because of this. I thought sonya was one of them but the 2 doesnt whiff on her surprisingly

How does KL deal with lowhit box characters and good d4s besides jumping and f3? How viable is F4 to deal with pokes? B1 seems to outreach D1s and D3s but its too slow any help?
f2 is a good tool against low hitbox imo, jkick hitconfirm divekick is good too, against a lot of these characters kung lao needs to play a bit of distance, forced to make use of his low hat again.

miloPKL

the first hit in those strings wiff, you need to make them commit to a move and block the 2 before you can really make true use of these strings, other people who know how to deal with this will just poke you out of the whiffed 2. characters like jax, kitana, mileena give him a lot of trouble because of this. I thought sonya was one of them but the 2 doesnt whiff on her surprisingly
the first hit does whiff, thats right. but the first hit comes out in just 7 frames and ive had a lot of success using these specifically on crouching characters because the following hits connect with the opponent and force a 50 50 mix up. its a strong tactic. its probably the only thing he has against them. what do you suggest?

also the footsy game with kung lao and these strings is strong. you can fudge a lot of your opponents attempts at dashing in with oppressive force with a standing 2... which leads into the strings. if you stand just out of sweep range the opponent has to worry about a low hat as well. sure they can jump it and hit you. its simply intelligent placement and intelligent play that will win.

down 4 is also great as it has a lot of frame advantage, and you can d4 into hat or d4 into teleport with various levels of success.

the reason i tell you to use the 24 and 21212 strings is because of the opportunity for 50 50 mixup and because the second hit of each string will connect, and they are fast strings. you can mix between 2 4 hat and 2 4 iron boom [overhead]. you can mix between 21212 low hat, 21212 1 for regular punch, and 21212 1+2 for overhead.

as far as i know kung lao simply doesnt have much else to deal with this. so if you dont use these, what do you use?

the first hit does whiff, thats right. but the first hit comes out in just 7 frames and ive had a lot of success using these specifically on crouching characters because the following hits connect with the opponent and force a 50 50 mix up. its a strong tactic. its probably the only thing he has against them. what do you suggest?

also the footsy game with kung lao and these strings is strong. you can fudge a lot of your opponents attempts at dashing in with oppressive force with a standing 2... which leads into the strings. if you stand just out of sweep range the opponent has to worry about a low hat as well. sure they can jump it and hit you. its simply intelligent placement and intelligent play that will win.

down 4 is also great as it has a lot of frame advantage, and you can d4 into hat or d4 into teleport with various levels of success.

the reason i tell you to use the 24 and 21212 strings is because of the opportunity for 50 50 mixup and because the second hit of each string will connect, and they are fast strings. you can mix between 2 4 hat and 2 4 iron boom [overhead]. you can mix between 21212 low hat, 21212 1 for regular punch, and 21212 1+2 for overhead.

as far as i know kung lao simply doesnt have much else to deal with this. so if you dont use these, what do you use?
you can jump out of 212121 low hat, 212121 overhead isnt as safe as the regular one, that string is meant to be blocked for meter building imo. these strings can be affective and I also use them a lot. But I was just saying that you need to make them to commit and block the first hit high before you can start your actual offense.

miloPKL

you can jump out of 212121 low hat, 212121 overhead isnt as safe as the regular one
you cant jump out of 21 low hat. so the opponent has to wait for that. but if you dont use the hat there, naturally opponent will know you are going onto a 21212 overhead, in which case they must stand. but then they have to wait to see if you're going to end the string with low hat or overhead. its a hard game to get out of.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
After testing F4 in the lab and in offline matches I found that kl is considered airborne and if spaced right will hop over D1's and 3's. It's neutral on block and on hit you get a free whiffed dk right in the face. Also, it;s one of his only mid hitting attacks.

That being said the only offensive options Kl has against low hit box are F2 F3 F4 good spaced low hats and deep jump kicks. If they are poke happy and not respecting spin then they get blown up.

vs low hit box characters, ground hat is your best friend. ground hat, dive kick, F+3, spin, and jump kick/cross up jump kick are the best ways to hit D+4 abuse from low hit box characters. you can also punish a whiffed D+4 with :ex spin.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I surprised nobody has mentioned the B333 string. It hits low and its only 1 frame slower than his standing one. Its got decent range as well, just out of the average d1 or d3 range i'd imagine. Only problem is that its a bitch to hit confirm into spin lol