What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Alright,thank you for the info. To add,this patch has been disappointing to me,although I kinda like Super Bolt combos and B14 change. I am just not sure if its worth coming back lol
B14 isn’t a big deal because of the push back, and Super Bolt I’ll have to do some more testing. I don’t think this patch has been very kind to the thunder god

B14 isn’t a big deal because of the push back, and Super Bolt I’ll have to do some more testing. I don’t think this patch has been very kind to the thunder god
It isnt,just trying to find anything positive. For now, my (and any sane persons) predictions remains the same. TW/Raijin best variations or SC/Quick Charge/El. Burst and thats about it lmfao,what a letdown

Mandolore1123

It isnt,just trying to find anything positive. For now, my (and any sane persons) predictions remains the same. TW/Raijin best variations or SC/Quick Charge/El. Burst and thats about it lmfao,what a letdown
I’m hesitant to even call Raijin one of his best. As for QC/storm cell/electric burst IMO its heavily reliant on getting in which Raiden struggles to do with BF1 being him only projectile, but that’s for people to lab and test I guess

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I think quick charge might have gotten nerfed. Before it was 1f startup with 33 recovery. Now it’s 34f startup and 33f recovery
I don't know if it was changed as a whole, I think it was just a data correction. Anyway, with pokes on block ranging from -6 to -7, it is a necessary skill to challenge people and gain momentum.

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

I don't know if it was changed as a whole, I think it was just a data correction. Anyway, with pokes on block ranging from -6 to -7, it is a necessary skill to challenge people and gatinha momentum.
It's definitely slower, you can feel the extra half a second. Mid screen it's mostly fine, but in the corner setting it up becomes pretty dangerous if they aren't delaying wake up. You definitely give up any hope of OKI if you have to set up QC. Good news is that the utility of Discharge is now expanded. We can now punish pokes. So perhaps that's why there was such a big nerf to the move :(

I can have fun in MK11 without winning. As long as my character is consistent and fun. TW Raiden to me is still fun,even better right now. Problem is when I try to add variety my fav character suddenly becomes mess because 3 moves (QC,EB and EC) cant work without each other,Jo Push is abysmal,Super Bolt worse version of El Fly and so on. You want me to compromise my fun in order to find combination that will still be outperformed by Thunder Wave. Give me a break. Good amount of cast gets cool shit but charactets such as SZ,Raiden,Bug Lady and Scorp get turbo NRSed

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Not sure if it was mentioned but you can combo from fully charged Superman Punch (Super Bolt) in the corner. You get a better juggle if you do it from distance, which is probably the more practical usage of this anyhow.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Not sure if it was mentioned but you can combo from fully charged Superman Punch (Super Bolt) in the corner. You get a better juggle if you do it from distance, which is probably the more practical usage of this anyhow.

I've been trying out a Super Bolt/Quick Charge/Electric Current loadout. Doing 423~Super Bolt AMP does 23% damage, carries the opponent to the corner, and leaves Raiden at the right distance to go for the Super Bolt combo. After Super Bolt you can either do an easy 423 or D1 into summon lightning.

Mandolore1123

I think Raijin is dead now. We can mash discharge after B14 to get a similar effect to the old mind game without needing DF2, with the added benefit of B14 having less push back and is +1, so I don't think those long range normals with no hurt boxes can punish our attempts at discharging

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
That seems like a cool dlc skin. Also finally a straw hat. Altough I wish they gave us an option to play Raiden without a hat. Would make vampire skin 10x better

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
So Raiden didn't really get a lot better from custom loadouts, huh? Bummer...
Not a lot better. TW is still most likely the way to go. I do think some of his custom moves are worth sprinkling in depending on matchup and opponent knowledge.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Obviously this isn't the biggest competitive thing, but Super Bolt has a really easy brutality requirement. Simply have the last hit be an amped Super Bolt after doing a Mercy. Doesn't even need to be raw, you can just simply combo into it off of any of his strings. So if anyone was trying to grind for some gear, it's a nice way to easily boost your score during a tower, or rack up any brutality requirements.