What's new

Looks like we are rebooting the series (next MK game teaser trailer)

Searsy82

Noob
TheThiny datamines too. Difference is TheThiny shows his work, he doesn't do this

View attachment 18965

Guy might be right, sure, but this to me is just gimme attention behavior
Yeah, but who cares about this guy when the info has been corroborated by a writer for a legitimate publication. Its not like any of this information is groundbreaking. "The regular edition will be $69.99!" Yeah, that is how much games cost.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

More stuff from Jez that was posted last month, that seems to be true. At least, all of these 'leaks' seem to corroborate what was posted today.

Afumba

Noob
Honestly at this point i wouldnt mind if they started treating the roster and the story as two sepatate things. Meaning if only 12 characters in a roster of 25 are part of the story... who cares anymore, story is just pointless dressing at this point which will get reset anyways.

Heck, maybe it makes the story better this way as they can give those fewer characters involved in the story more character development and screen time.

Bottom line i care way more about the characters than i do about the story or them being in it. You wanna make me play 20000 years in the past or whatever, ok... as long as the roster is still a mainly old character roster its not to big of a deal.

Imagine a roster of 25 with only 5 MK1-3/9/X characters and 20 new/3D era characters. I am about to puke just thinking about it.

And realizing this isnt the most positive post (the whole reboot thing is really unsettling without more infos)... I truely believe the story, no matter when and where it takes place, will be a lot better than MK11. :)

Afumba

Noob
I think it’s implied a good chunk of 3D era characters were around during the events of the classic games, even if we never saw them. MK9 specifically established Quan Chi and Tanya. Plus even D’Vorah was shown to be around during the MK2 story in a flash back in X.
If the timeline is reset than those events arent relevant anymore anyway.

But if the events up to MK1 will be the same/similar than everyone except the Kids or otherwise unborn chars can be in it (like Noob for example).

If the game takes place in the Era of Great Kung Lao than i'd say everyone except the humans and unborn chars can be in it. Those peeps from the other Realms have ridiculous lifespans.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I think that this game being called MK1 doesn't mean 'back to the MK1 era'. It means a brand new slate, the lore from the previous games be so utterly wiped and disregarded to the point they don't even register anymore.

So in terms of lore and story, this might as well be the 'first' Mortal Kombat game.

It's more or less what they tried to do with MK9, except that this time they do not consider themselves beholden to the previous timelines at all.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
If the timeline is reset than those events arent relevant anymore anyway.

But if the events up to MK1 will be the same/similar than everyone except the Kids or otherwise unborn chars can be in it (like Noob for example).

If the game takes place in the Era of Great Kung Lao than i'd say everyone except the humans and unborn chars can be in it. Those peeps from the other Realms have ridiculous lifespans.
I’m still pretty sold in the first bit of the story being in the Great Kung Lao era, with the rest being around MK1 times. That way we can get characters like the ninjas, Johnny/Sonya/Jax, Cyborgs etc, but still see ancient characters we’ve never seen before

Afumba

Noob
I’m still pretty sold in the first bit of the story being in the Great Kung Lao era, with the rest being around MK1 times. That way we can get characters like the ninjas, Johnny/Sonya/Jax, Cyborgs etc, but still see ancient characters we’ve never seen before
This is probably one of the most likely scenarios. From a story standpoint i still dont like it though as i am tired of timejumps/timetravel in MK.

Especially if they do a "complete clean slate" as someone stated before. So much better ways to do it without timenonsense. Idk like just make GKL KLs father/grandpa and start the timeline at around the same year the original MK started. Maybe even make it the first tournament... So everyone is available its just that the ancient ones are just old/older instead of 500+ years old. To make the Kids fit in Sonya and Jonny would be like 35ish so Cassie can be like 18-20. Do a similar thing for Jax/Jacqui. Kung Jin is just any other KL/Liu relative. Takeda can easily be filled in depending on Scorp and Kenshis plot.

Anything but timenonsense again... but i know its just wishfull thinking

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So aside from initial target release date, the silly ass name, and pricing structure, this "leak" looks like a lot of words for such little substance. Always super skeptical when a leak includes tons of fluff so it looks more "official."

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
So aside from initial target release date, the silly ass name, and pricing structure, this "leak" looks like a lot of words for such little substance. Always super skeptical when a leak includes tons of fluff so it looks more "official."
I honestly don't know why people are calling it a leak lmao, but I'm not sold on the name yet. We'll see soon enough tho! Really hype to see official news.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'm always skeptical of any "leak" that comes out immediately after some sort of teaser or trailer. I mean, we have a trailer of a clock that shows the hand go to the number 1, and then IMMEDIATELY AFTER we get a "leak" saying the next game is called MK1? What a coincidence. Maybe if that leak had come out before the teaser, but come on.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Of course I'm not believing it too. Even Ed de-confirmed that on tt. I know he is ultimate type of troll, but in case this leak is true it would be either 1) no words at all about it 2) damage control and not clear deconfirmation.

So I guess, we should all hold our horses before we get any more official news.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Of course I'm not believing it too. Even Ed de-confirmed that on tt. I know he is ultimate type of troll, but in case this leak is true it would be either 1) no words at all about it 2) damage control and not clear deconfirmation.

So I guess, we should all hold our horses before we get any more official news.
For the record, Kevin Smith debunked a leak about his Masters of the Universe series and it ended up being 100% correct.

And Boon can STILL spin his tweet to UnCaged in a way that he makes it out scot free when the MK1 leak turns out to be true.

So don't be so quick to count it out.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
As a side note, I also remember Boon himself stating in no dubious terms in an interview that there would not be NPC fights in MK11's story mode. We all know how that turned out with Cyrax and Sektor. What I mean is, in a way I consider Boon himself a somewhat unreliable source for MK info.