What's new

Looking to mod my PDP Fight Stick.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Well many months of passed by and my arcade stick is starting to feel its wear. I want to switch the joystick and buttons.

Joystick- Baseball Bat style. Id like to keep it pretty much identical to what it is on the fight stick.

Buttons- Concave, either translucent or light up.

Where do I start with this process? What place should I order my parts from? I'm just starting out with modding. The most I have ever done with this stick is just tighten the buttons.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
[MENTION=5216]Mikemetroid[/MENTION], you're from Hershey? You coming to NECXII? :)

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
[MENTION=5216]Mikemetroid[/MENTION]

IL makes the best stick and buttons. Buy them here:

Buttons: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/28-il-pushbuttons

Stick: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/58-il-eurostick-joystick

Accept no substitutes!!
Thanks, I've been looking for the right ones.

Is there any solution to cancel out the echo that the microphone has when you use it on the 360 stick? Its really aggravating when I'm playing with friends on MK and it makes sounds.

[MENTION=5216]Mikemetroid[/MENTION], you're from Hershey? You coming to NECXII? :)
Yes I am, in fact my hotel was booked this morning.

Tim Static

Adminerator

Is there any solution to cancel out the echo that the microphone has when you use it on the 360 stick? Its really aggravating when I'm playing with friends on MK and it makes sounds.
Cool.

That however, i cant help you with :(

Altaire

Noob

Yes I am, in fact my hotel was booked this morning.
I don't think there's any way to work around that. Your best bet is probably just to pick up a wireless headset.

Noob
Do you know if these buttons and stick will fit the PDP stick without modifications?
Yes, they will... those are IL parts which are identical to Happ parts... Back when Happ was in USA Arcade machines, IL was manufacturing the parts for Happ....

Yes, they will... those are IL parts which are identical to Happ parts... Back when Happ was in USA Arcade machines, IL was manufacturing the parts for Happ....
Many thanks will order - not 100% happy with pdp buttons they are a little mousy.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Many thanks will order - not 100% happy with pdp buttons they are a little mousy.
yea they are bad.

a stick is as only good as its parts....but its modability goes a long way. The MK9 PDP is a bitch to mod because of the protective plastic that covers the buttons, pcb, etc while the Klassic PDP is SO easy and fast to get into.

yea they are bad.

a stick is as only good as its parts....but its modability goes a long way. The MK9 PDP is a bitch to mod because of the protective plastic that covers the buttons, pcb, etc while the Klassic PDP is SO easy and fast to get into.
Yea the million screws are a hassle to take on and off (I did this to rewire the buttons so the game wouldn't desynchronize during online play - still not fixed btw). A small price to pay though for the increased response the new buttons will offer.

just about any wired heaset.
well, the mic that comes with the xbox plugs in only half way and doesn't work. I ordered a FREE one online a while back that Zaq/Scheiss posted on cmk, and it didn't work either but it was FREE!

so that's why I asked my question, does any one here actually use a mic with it (MK9 TE Stick)?

lol I play Tekken 6 with my MK9 stick btw!

Tim Static

Adminerator
well, the mic that comes with the xbox plugs in only half way and doesn't work. I ordered a FREE one online a while back that Zaq/Scheiss posted on cmk, and it didn't work either but it was FREE!

so that's why I asked my question, does any one here actually use a mic with it (MK9 TE Stick)?

lol I play Tekken 6 with my MK9 stick btw!
oh i didnt realize it didnt work. I'll ask Candace and the PDP people on twitter.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
just about any wired heaset.
okay so I bought a PDP afterglow headset got home and went to plug it in to my PDP kombat stick and what a surprise noncompatible the stupid mic has the flat slots to go into a regular controller but the fight stick has no such slots. Leave it to PDP to make two products that don't even work together.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
has anyone found a way to dual mod these PDP Fight sticks I sure would like to be able to use it on my PS3 also. Then maybe i could actually play my PS3 version of MK9

Tim Static

Adminerator
I wonder if i broke off those flat studs off the mic input if it would work

has anyone found a way to dual mod these PDP Fight sticks I sure would like to be able to use it on my PS3 also. Then maybe i could actually play my PS3 version of MK9

Wouldnt mess with that, just take headset back and get another one.

Yes, dual modding your stick is possible but its not all that cheap. Where do you live? Any tourneys in the area coming up?

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
lol funny i just came back here to say i said f it and cut em off and sure enough it freakin worked the only thing that doesnt work now is the mute light but mute still works just can't tell when muted live in Texas Houston to be exact and I know Texas showdown is comin up

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Hey guys, I finally got around to getting the joystick, but I am having noob arcade stick issues once again.

This is the current spot I am at, I do not know how to really get this joystick out. I took off the 4 screws right there as instructed in this tutorial. What is the c-clip and HOW do you remove it?

Attachments

Hey guys, I finally got around to getting the joystick, but I am having noob arcade stick issues once again.

This is the current spot I am at, I do not know how to really get this joystick out. I took off the 4 screws right there as instructed in this tutorial. What is the c-clip and HOW do you remove it?
The c-clip is a small clip at the bottom end of the stick. Look at where the shaft of the stick ends and you should be able to see it. You can use a flat head screw driver to remove it, just wedge the screw driver in between the stick and the clamp and pry them apart.