What's new

Strategy Locking the Gaps with Ninj's Red Dash "Late up Slash" Tech

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
F4 Red Dash leaves Skarlet at -10 however slide is garanteed, which means Up Slash is also garanteed.

If someone is trying to poke out of your empty dash pressures, use @Ninj's late up slash, this will actually catch them in situations they should've been eating slides, and will also make them doubt about when to poke out.

When they start to figure you're willing to punish pokes with late up slash out of the gaps, grabs, and Block strings can come out and play along.

this can also be used in her other pressure options that leaves her from -10 to -1.

AssassiN

Noob
Can't they poke out if you do f4, red dash + up slash?
Cancel advantage on block is +19, takes 12 frames before red dash is active so that leaves 7 frames for slide(8 frames) and up slash(14 frames).

Leaves a 7 frame hole between dash and up slash, enough for armor anyways.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Can't they poke out if you do f4, red dash + up slash?
Cancel advantage on block is +19, takes 12 frames before red dash is active so that leaves 7 frames for slide(8 frames) and up slash(14 frames).

Leaves a 7 frame hole between dash and up slash, enough for armor anyways.
Yes they can armor, but is not pratical, because i can slide and force a meter drain glitch

ryublaze

Noob
I think I heard about this from L0rdoftheFLY. The tradeoff is that you don't have to burn a bar of meter but you have sort of a 1/3 chance of guessing right whereas an EX Down Slash uses 1 bar but will get them if they try to poke out or block low (or a 2/3 chance of guessing right).

I guess it's not really 50/50, but more like 1/3 cuz your opponent has 3 options to choose from: block high, block low, poke/armor.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think I heard about this from L0rdoftheFLY. The tradeoff is that you don't have to burn a bar of meter but you have sort of a 1/3 chance of guessing right whereas an EX Down Slash uses 1 bar but will get them if they try to poke out or block low (or a 2/3 chance of guessing right).

I guess it's not really 50/50, but more like 1/3 cuz your opponent has 3 options to choose from: block high, block low, poke/armor.
Yea I mentioned it in a Skarlet tactics vid I made.

I have been using eh upslash lately instead of eh down or reg upslash. it works the same way if they try to poke and I get a huge combo...if they block it, I'm only at -7 and can usually catch them off guard and continue pressure.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yea I mentioned it in a Skarlet tactics vid I made.

I have been using eh upslash lately instead of eh down or reg upslash. it works the same way if they try to poke and I get a huge combo...if they block it, I'm only at -7 and can usually catch them off guard and continue pressure.
When En up Slash is blocked only a very few times, still gets them off guard, and they think is safe to pressure. If you have meter sometimes you can counter armor ^^