What's new

Local Battles Salty Battles III [LB,CL,TESTYOURMIGHT,8WAYRUN]

localbattles

Gaming Center
Local Battles Salty Battles III [LB,CL,TESTYOURMIGHT,8WAYRUN]

Featuring Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – Super Street Fight 4: Arcade Edition – Mortal Kombat (2011)

Free Spectating
—————————————————————————————————-
Mortal Kombat 9
Clock on Default
Winner keeps character
2/3 rounds
2/3 matches
3/5 grand finals
Kombat Kodes that affect gameplay are banned
Kratos Banned
Kratos Stage banned
Street Stage banned
DLC characters AND costumes banned
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Clock on 99 seconds
Winner keeps Team (Characters, Assists and Order must be exactly the same)
Sets are 2 out of 3 Matches
Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
Grand Finals are 3/5 matches, Winner from Losers must win 2 sets while Winner from Winners only needs to win 1
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV ARCADE EDITION
Clock on 99 seconds
Winner keeps Character/ can switch Ultra, Loser can change Character/Ultra
Sets are 2 out of 3 Matches
Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
Grand Finals are 3/5 matches, Winner from Losers must win 2 sets while Winner from Winners only needs to win 1
Facebook Event Link :http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=8844077#!/event.php?eid=190749660976145

Salty Battles 1 Photo Recap

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Good shit Phil, good luck to everyone who enters.

localbattles

Gaming Center
Why Xbox 360?

Some may wonder why we are doing MK9 on the Xbox 360. Simple, it's what we have available. If any of you have seen our casual setup during ECT3 we have a dual screen VGA configuration that allows each competitor to have their own 21” screen.

Our entire center only owns (1) PS3.

If the MK community wouldn't mind to have matches on a single 21” inch screen and they were willing to bring additional PS3 hardware/games then we wouldn't mind switching MK to PS3. Our monitors have VGA, DVI and HDMI - without lag.

-LB

Noob
This is one of the final local tournaments before EVO, and with it being in the budding Northern NJ scene, and in the backyard of the LI/NY scene, we actually have the chance to have 7 OF ECT3's TOP 8 at this tournament! This could be one HYPE tournament.

From NJ:
Khunter - Top 8
MagnetoHalfway - Top 8 (I think you're from NJ, right?)
Darth Arma - Top 8

From NY:
Chris G - Top 8
REO - Top 8
Crazy Dominican - Top 8
Classy Sasquatch - Top 8

I will be there running MK9 and we will try to have a UMK3 tournament as well. Shock and Summoning are most likely going to be there. This is a GREAT opportunity for anyone in the NY/NJ/LI/NYC/SI area to get in some great competition before EVO.

As for using 360's... As long as the system is connected to the internet, there will be no problem on game version. Pads, however are an issued... sticks are not. I will have one converter with me allowing the use of PS2 pads on 360, but you need a wired 360 pad. I am talking to Jon from Local Battles about getting a few more of these, so nobody get too bent just yet, we're working on a solution already.

Noob
Jon, I'll call you tonight about PS3 for MK9... maybe if we have enough people bring PS3's we can do it on PS3... but as I said, I'll call you tonight about it.

Guys, as of right now, it's 360.

Nathan Frost

Cybernetic Pyro Maniac
I'll be willing to bring my ps3 too. updated and all as well, but it's all cool I'll bring a converter and ps2 pad that I'll share.

This is one of the final local tournaments before EVO, and with it being in the budding Northern NJ scene, and in the backyard of the LI/NY scene, we actually have the chance to have 7 OF ECT3's TOP 8 at this tournament! This could be one HYPE tournament.

From NJ:
Khunter - Top 8
MagnetoHalfway - Top 8 (I think you're from NJ, right?)
Darth Arma - Top 8

From NY:
Chris G - Top 8
REO - Top 8
Crazy Dominican - Top 8
Classy Sasquatch - Top 8

I will be there running MK9 and we will try to have a UMK3 tournament as well. Shock and Summoning are most likely going to be there. This is a GREAT opportunity for anyone in the NY/NJ/LI/NYC/SI area to get in some great competition before EVO.

As for using 360's... As long as the system is connected to the internet, there will be no problem on game version. Pads, however are an issued... sticks are not. I will have one converter with me allowing the use of PS2 pads on 360, but you need a wired 360 pad. I am talking to Jon from Local Battles about getting a few more of these, so nobody get too bent just yet, we're working on a solution already.
Couldn't have a better person to run it than Phil. Big Thank You for all that you do & this will help kickoff the North NJ MK scene with a bang!

Khunter will def be coming up for SB3, most likely wit [DES] xThomahawk & south NJ. Hope to see AC1984 there & some philly, its only like 20 mins further than the break for them. Its looking like the tourney could be a shark tank full of killers to sharpen everyone up that is going to EVO. We need east coast to bring it home for MK!

Also if you have never been to a tournament in the area, it will be a great time to come out & meet everyone. There will be plenty of casuals til 3am so you don't wanna miss this night to lvl up.

The 360 issue not saving patches is confirmed fixed now, just make sure you don't clear the catch. http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4324-Balancing-Updates-Do-Not-Save-To-Hard-Drive-On-Xbox-360!/page3

Thank you everyone that has offered to bring a ps3, I have one as well that I can bring if needed.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I really wanted to participate in the tournament, but I work in manhattan and don't get out until 6:00; there's no way I'd be there in time for 6:30 :(

but I'll get there when I get there and watch the end of the tourny play some casuals after!

East Coast MK scene!

localbattles

Gaming Center
Gey HYpe!

SB3 is only 4 days away guys and the following morning you have WCG. Get Hyped > Tweet, Facebook and lets show how alive MK9 is in the NYC Metro Area.

I have confirmed Check_4900 will also be coming through.

Noob
Anyone capable of bringing PS3's and copies of the game to this event should. We will need 3-4 total. I have one that I'm bringing and the venue has one.

localbattles

Gaming Center
Anyone capable of bringing PS3's and copies of the game to this event should. We will need 3-4 total. I have one that I'm bringing and the venue has one.
I have confirmation from Check_4900 and he is good to bring one. Jim Coastin will most likely bring one. I think we are good there unless someone else wanted to setup a casual.