What's new

Lobos, I need input - Trait change

BigC

I'm great in my world.
I've recently started to pick Lobo up (low tier power baby!) and instantly thought of how his trait could be better. The nuke shot is all good, but what if Lobos trait functioned as Green Arrows did? I came up with what I think would be good.
Nuke Shell-We all know what this is Command= 4
Slugs-Loads in two slug shots that travel full screen at the sacrifice of damage, used to zone. Command= D+4
Poison Shell-Loads a shell with poison damage, does chip damage over a short period of time. Command= DB4
Freeze Slugs-Loads a shell that freezes on contact. Similar to GA's Ice Arrow, but wont last as long, can be used for set ups. Command= DD4
Discuss?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
One thing I noticed is that I'd change slugs input to df4 or something like that, because what happens if you have a completely different shell loaded like ice and you wanted to crouch and fire it? You'd just switch slugs.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
One thing I noticed is that I'd change slugs input to df4 or something like that, because what happens if you have a completely different shell loaded like ice and you wanted to crouch and fire it? You'd just switch slugs.
Good point.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Also guys, I wrote this on my iPad and I noticed the font is black, I can't fix that on here because it is a major pain. I'll fix this when I get back on my desktop, sorry about that.

he'd be infinitely stupid if this was the case.

Poison shells = LOL 72% METERLESS. Lobo already ignores damage scaling like crazy, add poison on top of that? GGS, it's mahvel baby.
Freeze shells = any hit will lead to a standing reset and HOLY CHRIST does Lobo have stupid shit for this, also how would Back 3 work off this even
Full-screen shells = This would be the weirdest move ever for him. It'd be like giving Gief or Bane a projectile. Sure, it'd help them out, but he already has anti-zoning tools such as MB Hook Charge/his forward dash/jump over Party Crasher.

That's how I see it, at least.

BGMD

Noob
just forget about any changes that require additional coding, not gonna happen... stacking 2 shells at once and faster reload would be only reasonable possible trait changes

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly, freeze shell would make something like his 12 mid shot an infinite.
12 freeze shot, reload, 12 freeze shot, reload, etc.

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
Now that trait idea is good and all, but you seem to forget one major thing Lobo does not have. A decent Wake-up move. Regardless of how good his trait is, he can't do anything when he gets knocked down. At all.

On topic, that Freeze shell would be so broken considering that if you end a combo with Shell, you can reset into Toss for free.

Make him a high reward character such as grundy.

Increase damage on his combos by ten or so percent.

Slight buff on his trait.

Increased block advantage for one or two of his strings and you have yourself a decent A or B tier.

Cage Redfield
Doombawkz
He needs it, for real this time!

Anyway, a faster shell load-up would be a good change for his Trait. Or greater damage instead?

More damage? LOL Lobo gets near the 40's with trait and a bar, starting from 21 xx Low shot, which is pretty dirty. Faster Load-up is also eh, considering the fact that my opponents would usually just let me load up trait. And even if they make an attempt to stop me from loading it, it activates even when Lobo gets interrupted from the animation, and doesn't go away. What he needs is faster startup on a good portion of his normals (right now, there's no reason to poke a D1 after blocking MB Hook Charge, considering it's kinda sorta plus, and Lobo has NOTHING that's a threat with good speed at that instance), and MB Hook Charge's armor startup activating earlier in the move instead of only for the charging portion.

Make him a high reward character such as grundy.

Increase damage on his combos by ten or so percent.

Slight buff on his trait.

Increased block advantage for one or two of his strings and you have yourself a decent A or B tier.

So Lobo's damage goes from 52% to 62%? Trait needs to be better? How, considering it activates no matter what, and leads to the mixup of 21 xx Low shot/2 xx Low shot for pretty big damage for a bar. Increased Block advantage? Back 12/Forward 213/MB Hook Charge not doing it for you, bruh? Those are weird buffs for someone that already has insane damage, a decent trait, and nice block advantage on some of his moves.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What Lobo needs is good representation and maybe a bit of reach on a few normal pokes. Outside of that, he has everything else he really needs.

BGMD

Noob
for the record I actually don't want faster reload... I find timing is perfect for me, but I can imagine that being NRS idea for "buffing" Lobo

So Lobo's damage goes from 52% to 62%? Trait needs to be better? How, considering it activates no matter what, and leads to the mixup of 21 xx Low shot/2 xx Low shot for pretty big damage for a bar. Increased Block advantage? Back 12/Forward 213/MB Hook Charge not doing it for you, bruh? Those are weird buffs for someone that already has insane damage, a decent trait, and nice block advantage on some of his moves.
I'm somewhat agreeing with you.

Just giving insight to not allow this game to become Mortal Kombat.

I wouldn't mind playing against a Lobo with these buffs.

Buffing the lower tiers this ridiculously is the best option for NRS considering the S tier creatures they've created.

What Lobo needs is good representation and maybe a bit of reach on a few normal pokes. Outside of that, he has everything else he really needs.

Like I said, I believe all the dude really needs is faster armor activation on MB Hook Charge, and faster startup on some of his normals like Back 1. As of now, I can get 6f D1'd for attempting to continue pressure from a blocked MB HC, no matter what you try; TK Party Crasher gets hit for some reason, Back 1 gets stuffed, 2 gets stuffed, and only D1 works which either leads to 11% or 35%-ish percent if they blocked the D1 or not.

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
Like I said, I believe all the dude really needs is faster armor activation on MB Hook Charge, and faster startup on some of his normals like Back 1. As of now, I can get 6f D1'd for attempting to continue pressure from a blocked MB HC, no matter what you try; TK Party Crasher gets hit for some reason, Back 1 gets stuffed, 2 gets stuffed, and only D1 works which either leads to 11% or 35%-ish percent if they blocked the D1 or not.

Pretty much this. MB Charge is too slow half the time and it doesn't even hit full screen. Party Crasher's hit box in the air is so insanely bad. Plus, getting the D1 timing into Toss cancel is the biggest pain in the ass that people don't even know.

Lobo's good and all, but he really sucks in a lot of areas. Plus, Standing 3 needs to be faster since it's such a good Anti-air and corner pressure with Standing 3 is so good that I drool.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I like some of these ideas, but NRS is never gonna rework something to this extent. All we can hope for is maybe better pop up of low nuke shot, two shells, stackable shells, or things along those lines.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
lobo doesnt need anything fullscreen
just give bane a full screen mask throw too

na thats not part of his game
for his trait itd be much better with stackale and faster startup
thats all

it be awsome f the mid shot reset the opponent tho... jst saying

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lobo doesnt need anything fullscreen
just give bane a full screen mask throw too

na thats not part of his game
for his trait itd be much better with stackale and faster startup
thats all

it be awsome f the mid shot reset the opponent tho... jst saying
Why would he throw his mask?
He could give a stern stare across the screen and do more damage than tossing a mask would.