What's new

Lobo high execution?

volkmair

Noob
People are always saying that Lobo is a high execution character. But I've been playing around with him and other than Czarnian Toss and Space Hook having overlapping inputs and the timing of B3 after a MB toss I've not come across anything crazy complicated. Am I missing something here?

Gobblerr

Noob
I think what they're referring to are these 2 combos:

- 21 low pump shot w/ trait > b1 czar toss > ender
- b12 > d1 czar toss > ender

The first combo is hard because the b1 is a fast normal, making you have to input the dbf2 (czar toss) very fast. If the czar toss was like any other special and only had 2 directional inputs like db2 or df2, this combo would be much easier. This combo gives you about 40% damage which is about 13% more than the easier one (21 low pump shot w/trait > 21 hook charge or 3 low chain).

For the second combo, it's just really hard to link the d1 from a b12 because they fall too fast from the b12. There's like 1 frame where you need to hit the d1 or else it doesn't work.

I don't use either of these combo's because they're just stupid hard, haha. Anyway I'm pretty sure this is why people call Lobo a high execution character.

Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Nawh, Gobblerr you're right :cool:
Lobo's inputs can be tricky especially since the dbf2 input needs to be done so fast in a short time when trying to cancel into it.
I find it's better to end a combo with a nice meterless set up like low chain or party crasher and then do a raw (and risky) czar toss into combo.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Pretty much what Gobblerr said, mainly because in high level play Lobo is very predictable but those two combos that were listed give him options to combo off his lows though they are hard to execution plus some of his combos of a B2U1 have tight timing for certain enders

I don't think he is high execution, it's just tricky to cancel into a czar toss or connect a b3 after it. Same case with Shazam's grabs.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Other than b12 d1 toss (which is impossible i dont care what anyone says) no he's really not high execution at least compared to say Cyborg (seriously screw instant air fireballs)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Other than b12 d1 toss (which is impossible i dont care what anyone says) no he's really not high execution at least compared to say Cyborg (seriously screw instant air fireballs)
I think 2~low shot/21~low shot into b1~toss is relatively difficult. But I also consider that every decision a lobo player has to make needs to be perfectly calculated as high execution as well. He doesn't really have anything he can just throw out there and still be safe like a lot of other characters do.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I think 2~low shot/21~low shot into b1~toss is relatively difficult. But I also consider that every decision a lobo player has to make needs to be perfectly calculated as high execution as well. He doesn't really have anything he can just throw out there and still be safe like a lot of other characters do.
This is why I love Lobo. Beating a player who is simply exploiting an S tier character is the best feeling.
But then again, I'm reminded that Injustice probably has the worst balance in any fighting game I've played :(

This is why I love Lobo. Beating a player who is simply exploiting an S tier character is the best feeling.
But then again, I'm reminded that Injustice probably has the worst balance in any fighting game I've played :(
Maybe we will get some nice buffs this next patch that can make some games a little more tolerable lol

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Ok I'll give you b1 toss never had too much of a problem with 21 low shot but then again I barely use it, that's my next goal with Lobo, too start incorporating that stuff.

At least nobody in this game is Virgil or Morridoom. Glad I stopped playing Marvel before that stuff started getting abused. My team wouldn't have been able to handle that nonsense. Proud Ghost Rider user

SaJa

FH_FenriR
People are always saying that Lobo is a high execution character. But I've been playing around with him and other than Czarnian Toss and Space Hook having overlapping inputs and the timing of B3 after a MB toss I've not come across anything crazy complicated. Am I missing something here?

YES ! You missing b12, d1, command grab, b3, f2, 2, db3 !

Only decent low starter combo Lobo has.

ALSO, people are saying Lobo is hard to play because he is free against most of the cast (hard to win). Ty !

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm so tired of players picking Superman and then rage quitting because they lose to Lobo. He's a challenging character to play as, granted, but there's not really anyone like him. Something about a 4fd2 into a teleport spamming Scorpions face is just so fulfilling.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm so tired of players picking Superman and then rage quitting because they lose to Lobo. He's a challenging character to play as, granted, but there's not really anyone like him. Something about a 4fd2 into a teleport spamming Scorpions face is just so fulfilling.
What is 4fd2?

BGMD

Noob
b12 d1 toss you just really can use it if you hit it from up close and you know for certain it works on that character, like on Superman, Batman, big chars (but in this case hc setup is maybe better because it requires no meter)
on most of the cast it's either stance specific or impossible anyway

I have very high hopes. Hell, simply nerfing some of the OP characters will bring Lobo some peace of mind. But getting buffs on top of it?

I accept.
Yeah I'd love that lol. Even the smallest things could help him out so much lol. I have like 2 suggestions that are very minor but I think would help a lot lol