What's new

Liu Kang Tech

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
I don't use Xrays much, but I've always tried to find ways to land an easy xray with kang since you can combo off of it afterwards. Haven't seen anyone use b2,3 Xray JiP and catch em with one b312. It's easy and lazy :D

sent from my phone using a free version of tapatalk. hehe

Marvaz

come at me
B312 B312 F12 F121 bicycle kick is the only thing that drew my interest as a unusual strategy. It does 3% less than B312 x4 but it carries them the same distance across the screen. The interesting part is that the bicycle kick wiffs, but is still safe agaisnt wakeup attacks. Also, It brings you within that ambiguous range where you are just far enough away from the opponent that close-range wakeups will miss but B312 will just barely hit still. So i find its a really nice bait for wakeups. It appears unsafe but its safe so no worries. It is far enough that wakeups like Jax's elbow or Kung Lao's spin will whiff but close enough that you can bite back.

Its just a gimmick, something that you use to trip up your opponent once or twice.
ahhhh, i think your onto something.... this person is thinking like me ;)

Yea Marvaz showed me what he's talking about a while back, it's interesting and useful, but I don't see it changing liu kang as a character. (sorry mario lol) More or less Kang is gassed on new tech imo. People just don't use all his tools/mix-ups as much as they should except a few. (XBladez kang was really nice, one of the best I've seen recently.)

Your right, but i did not REVEAL the most important ones. Reason because i had a feeling you would reveal it, which you did on mku lol. O well. MOFO! :)

And juggernaut, pm me your tech bro. You show me yours ill show you mine.

AYSAMO

Noob
ahhhh, i think your onto something.... this person is thinking like me ;)

Your right, but i did not REVEAL the most important ones. Reason because i had a feeling you would reveal it, which you did on mku lol. O well. MOFO! :)

And juggernaut, pm me your tech bro. You show me yours ill show you mine.
lolwut I revealed your kind-of-secret tech? nowai. All I remember saying is I had an idea what you were talkin about lol.

Not totally sure what thread this goes in so I'll just put it right here I guess.

I was talking with Lord of the Fly yesterday and he brought up a good point about Liu Kang's d3. Against characters with no 6 frame startup moves, they can't reliably interrupt a d3 after a blocked string that leaves Liu Kang at neutral (which is all of Liu Kang's strings). I mean they can still do their own d3 but that's not reliable as the game handles trades in the dumbest way possible: at random.

I was curious who this worked against so I went through the frame data threads in all the subforums. The characters with no 6 frame moves are Baraka, Kabal, Nightwolf, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Sub Zero, and of course our old pal Liu Kang. Mostly uncommon low tier characters unfortunately, but it's interesting to know that this works on Kabal. Obviously he can just negate the whole issue by EX nomad dashing between your strings so you still gotta watch out for that, but he's not gonna low poke out of your pressure if you d3 and that's good to know.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

You've got the fast normals, Mr.Kang! His MUs are already fucked as it is, no more strats against him! Properly fuzzy guarding him alone royally fucks him lol. He needs a fast overhead that doesn't link to anything like Liu, that'd honestly help a lot.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Not totally sure what thread this goes in so I'll just put it right here I guess.

I was talking with Lord of the Fly yesterday and he brought up a good point about Liu Kang's d3. Against characters with no 6 frame startup moves, they can't reliably interrupt a d3 after a blocked string that leaves Liu Kang at neutral (which is all of Liu Kang's strings). I mean they can still do their own d3 but that's not reliable as the game handles trades in the dumbest way possible: at random.

I was curious who this worked against so I went through the frame data threads in all the subforums. The characters with no 6 frame moves are Baraka, Kabal, Nightwolf, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Sub Zero, and of course our old pal Liu Kang. Mostly uncommon low tier characters unfortunately, but it's interesting to know that this works on Kabal. Obviously he can just negate the whole issue by EX nomad dashing between your strings so you still gotta watch out for that, but he's not gonna low poke out of your pressure if you d3 and that's good to know.
Baraka has a 6f D3.

Players that like to abuse F12 D3 with Liu should be getting crossed up all day, theres nothing stopping that from happening.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
baraka has a 6 frame D3 ;)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
lol. I don't know why Quan Chi doesn't get a 6 frame d1 but Raiden does. He needs it, etc.
Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous. At least a 6 frame d1, it's true that then he'd be able to reliably link d1~trance as an anti-crossup but only people who're completely oblivious to his mixups fall for them anyways. Just like Liu.

Baraka has a 6f D3.

Players that like to abuse F12 D3 with Liu should be getting crossed up all day, theres nothing stopping that from happening.
Does he actually? Living Guide said 7. If it's 6 then shucks, there goes my great anti-Baraka tech.

Obviously if you d3 and they cross you up you're fucked. It's only worth doing if you think they're going to try to poke out.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
wouldnt a second rep of F1,2 catch you in the air? or if they string is finished (know that only causes pushback knockdown)

wouldnt a second rep of F1,2 catch you in the air? or if they string is finished (know that only causes pushback knockdown)
It would. The issue is that f12 loses to low pokes.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, if you read low poke it's probably better to just block and combo punish. That's the pro thing to do. It's hard to punish d1s and d3s on block cause of how fast they recover, but most of them are at least -10 so it's certainly possible.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
actually... when doing f+12, i would like to point out that most kangs dont do is stand 2, or 1... reason being is if you get hit wit a low...its better than getting crossed up and the opponent having the attack...

Unless you anticipate them doing d+1, id say camp it out and punish real quick..
I mean its a guessing game itself becuase... you put the opponent in a rock paper scissors moment... and if they jump over you, i would immediately parry.. because no one empty crossups!! and doing d+1 on there cross up is really hard considering kangs d+1 is like 10 frames....

actually... when doing f+12, i would like to point out that most kangs dont do is stand 2, or 1... reason being is if you get hit wit a low...its better than getting crossed up and the opponent having the attack...

Unless you anticipate them doing d+1, id say camp it out and punish real quick..
I mean its a guessing game itself becuase... you put the opponent in a rock paper scissors moment... and if they jump over you, i would immediately parry.. because no one empty crossups!! and doing d+1 on there cross up is really hard considering kangs d+1 is like 10 frames....
I played a Liu Kang the other day who would sweep against cross over jumps. Have you tried this? Seemed to work pretty well, I think it lowers his hitbox a little.

Death

Noob
If D+3 hits and you try and cross up then i think F+12 will catch you in the air. But if you block the D+3 you can cross them up. Not 100% sure on that one but D+3 is advantage on hit so id imagined that its enough adv to AA them if they jump.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
theres no advantage on d+3 when blocked its -7... and yes sweep works well against cross up punches but not kicks... sadly... also i found some new tech against subzeros clone... turns out.. when you sweep them... immediately follow up with a forward dash b+1 into whatever you like...i usually do ex bicycle kick or regular... but the catch is... whether or not they will wake up slide....hopefully this helps out your subzero match...

IN example... b+312 x3, sweep... they back roll ice clone.. you follow through with there roll with b+1, and if you hit there invincibility frames you can cancel into another move. if you don't those frames you stay at b+1 position.

Marvaz

come at me
No mames xblades. No seas mamon con tu "new tech". Preparate para el sabado. Vamos a ver quien tiene un mejor kang. :p

I dunno if this is a tech, im new to this game, but when you do
b312 b312 b312 F24 Bicycle kick sometimes you cant connect f24 because you hit b312 too late you can go b312 b312 b312 b31 bicycle kick on reaction. Sorry if this is not a tech