What's new

List Reliable Punishes for Elbow Dash

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Pretty much what the title says...please keep the discussion civil and stay on topic...no pointing out how broken the move is online or anything of that nature.

We know that Reptile's dash is, according to colt, approximately -15 on block, but due to the speed at which the attack occurs, it can be difficult to punish if you do not train yourself.

So for everyone out there, what are your most reliable ways of punishing it with various other characters.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Never getting hit. Thank you Ice clone. Since reptile needs to be grounded to do it, it will always land in a way that allows me a full combo. I just learn to bait the dash.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Kano: b+1,1,2 + combo

Kenshi: f+2,2,b+1 + combo

Kung Lao: 1,1,2~d,f+1 + combo

Nightwolf: 1,2,2~d,f+1 + combo (easier) or f+3,1~d,f+1 + combo (harder)

Noob: 2,1,2 + combo

Skarlet: 2,1,2 + combo

i'm assuming ermac's 2,1 into tks can work since the kick comes out pretty quick. although, i have yet to try it. right now, for me, it's a matter of getting into the habit of NOT trying to punish with a tks or tkp because of a horrible startup times on ermacs moves.

I think it's cool to create a thread for it, but it sounds like it was very difficult to punish.. I just use elbow dash when I'm sure that will not reach..

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Kung Lao: 1,1,2~d,f+1 + combo
I shoulda mentioned this in my post, but last night, me and PL learned that 21 leads to more damage than 112 and is more reliable due to it being 3 frames faster.

For Smoke, is there anyone who can try out these with a partner? I'm pretty sure they will work, but I don't have my Reptile buddy to try it with right now:

2,1, Smoke Bomb, Whatever

Back+3, Smoke Bomb, Whatever

I figure that they would be the best solution, being quicker than 3, Down+1, 2 and linkable for a full combo.

cabibi

Noob
For Smoke, is there anyone who can try out these with a partner? I'm pretty sure they will work, but I don't have my Reptile buddy to try it with right now:

2,1, Smoke Bomb, Whatever

Back+3, Smoke Bomb, Whatever

I figure that they would be the best solution, being quicker than 3, Down+1, 2 and linkable for a full combo.
21 smoke bomb is the most reliable offline... online though it's a crap shoot.

back 3 isn't quick enough from what I've tried, didn't really put much time into it though because I got sick of waiting for reptile to dash in practice mode lol

21 smoke bomb can lead to 37% damage if you follow it up with a njp, 321, jk, teleport punch.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Sektor can get his full combo on Reptile. 1,2,b1 ~ f4,4 ~ tu ~ jump kick, EX tu ~ b2, flamethrower.
Ermac can 3,1,lift into combo.

Both reactions must be very fast. I'm not sure if possible online, sorry.