What's new

Life outside of MK

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Anybody do anything funny regarding MK and people that don't play. No one I know in person plays the game so when I drink I try to get people to bet against me for outrageous amounts of money, I tell em its 5 bucks to play me and if they win I'll give em a hundred. They never take me up on it.

I also bet my students that if they beat me they could get an automatic A, I showed them my xbox rank on the themortalkombat.com site. Only one student tried, and I let him play me for 2 and half hours, he did not take a round LOL. I don't get anything out of the bet except total domination which is an important teaching tool ;)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Anybody do anything funny regarding MK and people that don't play. No one I know in person plays the game so when I drink I try to get people to bet against me for outrageous amounts of money, I tell em its 5 bucks to play me and if they win I'll give em a hundred. They never take me up on it.

I also bet my students that if they beat me they could get an automatic A, I showed them my xbox rank on the themortalkombat.com site. Only one student tried, and I let him play me for 2 and half hours, he did not take a round LOL. I don't get anything out of the bet except total domination which is an important teaching tool ;)
I envy your students!

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
School
Studying for Cert exams
Other fighters
Hang out with friends
Work

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I've gotta take an animation class for my digital media program, unfortunately your class is geographically undesirable at the moment! :(
Our animation program is really good here and people do great things, but Minnesota is geographical undesirable as well as economically non feasible in that the industry doesn't support all the animation grads the program kicks out. There are 5 schools in minneapolis that promise an animation career, they can't all be telling the truth, this leads to crazy tough competition.

I posted some grad work from my students on your profile page :)

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
I'm genuinely surprised no one here is in the military.

I'm in the Air Force; junior enlisted. I forecast weather for south Texas and south Oklahoma bases. I'm on TYM at work right here, working very hard in fighting for your freedom. I really really really love my job.

Okay, not at all. I want to finish my term, and work at a tattoo parlor. I also plan on going to school to be a mortician, because dead people are cool. I'm currently working on completing a fighting game sleeve. I have the Shadaloo symbol, the MK dragon, and Peacock from Skull Girls currently, with a Lin Kuei tattoo coming in a few days.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Full Time University student in Athletic Training, 200+ hours of internship a year, working quasi full time as a Surgical Assistant at a Laser Vision Correction center (~25-30hrs a week), been married almost a year to the awesomest woman alive (she lets me game, I mean c'mon), CrossFit or Strength training when I can, and obviously, MK. If I'm not in a FG mood, I tend to play Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Halo, whatever else I can find.....I still have an unopened Batman Arkham Asylum, should check that out...

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I also plan on going to school to be a mortician, because dead people are cool.
I took a CNA class and had to clean up a woman who had passed away during my clinicals (she was still warm), oddly that didn't bother me at all; however, I felt like I had someone in my presence for nearly a week following that. I'm not superstitious nor do I believe in ghosts/spirits but that was a very odd feeling...

Our animation program is really good here and people do great things, but Minnesota is geographical undesirable as well as economically non feasible in that the industry doesn't support all the animation grads the program kicks out. There are 5 schools in minneapolis that promise an animation career, they can't all be telling the truth, this leads to crazy tough competition.
My goal right now is to just stay in school, maybe do some stuff on the side and I may go back for Web Design following this, but we'll likely move back to Santa Monica, CA one of these days. Which is a definite hotspot for the field(s)...so that could be a good move ultimately! I'm just not entirely sure if I'd like a digital media degree as a career but I'm certainly interested doing it for personal enjoyment/a side income. Web Design is something I can see myself doing professionally, but the art would probably be mostly for me.

Unless I could land a job teaching it, that doesn't sound too bad. I just really don't want to design corporate logos and all that crap...or bringing an animated character to life who's marketing sugary dye filled crap to kids. It pays well but I just can't picture myself doing it. It appears difficult to find a stable job in the field as well admittedly outside of teaching, I would presume there's a lot of contract jobs, which I'm not really opposed to in all honesty.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I push myself pretty hard when I work out, but CrossFit is just nuts hahaha.

Sadly, I have old/nagging shoulder and knee injuries that prevent me from being able to do CrossFit.
I could rehab you, haha! that is after all, what I'm studying...

schnitzel_on_fire

Maining the Roster
I did the KTP metal theme, and also the Sektor Community Blowup theme
dude, i KNEW those two were made by the same person because of the weird chord shifts (don't know about the terminology, i suck at music theory even in my own language). aaaaaaaaah...

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.

You sure know how to make a class fun!

CD jr. CURBOLICOUS

t33ch your wayz.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
To sum it up briefly I work in a grocery store and I like to drink a lot of beer/liquor. I also play guitar but I'm not what you would call "good"