What's new

Li Mei Kombos

In the corner with Cyrax:

F4,3, J134 xx ex bf1, 4,3 xx db3, nkameo, db2, j13 xx db4
I personally love running Sub Kameo. People want to zone, you win that easy with ice armor, freeze you can get lantern setups mid screen., and the back move makes a few moves more safe than they already are

I personally love running Sub Kameo. People want to zone, you win that easy with ice armor, freeze you can get lantern setups mid screen., and the back move makes a few moves more safe than they already are
I may have to look into that. Still trying to figure out what's the optimal kameo for her

miti_mumway

Casual Lab Monster

Hello Li Mei friends, back at it again with Kung Lao kameo. Anti-air combos, delay Low Hat IA overhead setups, teleport shenanigans, launchers, and more! I didn't include any low-hat blockstrings but I'm sure there's plenty to discover. For players who struggle in neutral (ME) KamLao is an awesome choice. Hope this helps!

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Midscreen 1 bar, 1 kameo kombo 454 dmg, low starter.

F4,3 > ji212 xx bf1ex > 4 xx db3 > kameo > db2 > 4 xx bf4

This is the most reliable 450+ dmg I’m getting across the entire game for 1 bar & kameo. Girl has some great buttons. Overhead/low stuff. You can get shady as &@#! w her. I don’t know she’s not considered S-tier, what weakness am I missing? Tell me how she’s worse than raiden.

Last edited:
Midscreen 1 bar, 1 kameo kombo 454 dmg, low starter.

F4,3 > ji212 xx bf1ex > 4 xx db3 > kameo > db2 > 4 xx bf4

This is the most reliable 450+ dmg I’m getting across the entire game for 1 bar & kameo. Girl has some great buttons. Overhead/low stuff. You can get shady as &@#! w her. I don’t know she’s not considered S-tier, what weakness am I missing? Tell me how she’s worse than raiden.
You should be able to get an extra lantern with that combo, or does it drop?

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
You should be able to get an extra lantern with that combo, or does it drop?
Well it seems you can only use two lanterns if you cancel into one of them, and not cancel into the other.

Like 124 xx kameo xx db2 > db2 works, but 124 xx kameo > db2 > db2 doesn’t.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Well it seems you can only use two lanterns if you cancel into one of them, and not cancel into the other.

Like 124 xx kameo xx db2 > db2 works, but 124 xx kameo > db2 > db2 doesn’t.
Actually everyone else seems to be hitting double lanterns without cancels so I don’t know what I’m messing up

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I’m absolutely loving scorpion Kameo.

When I get the chance will post more in depth combos with scorpion/Li Mei, but they’re so much fun together.
I don’t understand why everyone thinks Li Mei is mid/low tier; she’s really good?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I’m absolutely loving scorpion Kameo.

When I get the chance will post more in depth combos with scorpion/Li Mei, but they’re so much fun together.
I don’t understand why everyone thinks Li Mei is mid/low tier; she’s really good?
I think she's Mid Tier. Don't take that as a bad thing. Mid tier is good. That means we're winning roughly as many matchups as we're losing. We have real threats that have to be respected. We just rely on our Kameos more than some other characters and don't have the range. We have our own strengths.

miti_mumway

Casual Lab Monster

Jax. There's so much they can do together but the midscreen combos are kinda wonky timing wise. Monster in the corner. I tried to show off her hard knockdown strings into unblockable setups. I like that her F3 overhead and db3 can avoid the groundpound. I feel like this is a Kameo you couldn't just counterpick to, it's something you need to dedicate yourself to. Pretty cool pairing.

I got 2 more videos coming, one for Shujinko and one for the others I couldn't find enough unique attributes for full vids. Hope you enjoy! Li Mei is so much fun :D

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Jax. There's so much they can do together but the midscreen combos are kinda wonky timing wise. Monster in the corner. I tried to show off her hard knockdown strings into unblockable setups. I like that her F3 overhead and db3 can avoid the groundpound. I feel like this is a Kameo you couldn't just counterpick to, it's something you need to dedicate yourself to. Pretty cool pairing.

I got 2 more videos coming, one for Shujinko and one for the others I couldn't find enough unique attributes for full vids. Hope you enjoy! Li Mei is so much fun :D
Far out. I may have to try Jax. But I just really like scorpion haha.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I think she's Mid Tier. Don't take that as a bad thing. Mid tier is good. That means we're winning roughly as many matchups as we're losing. We have real threats that have to be respected. We just rely on our Kameos more than some other characters and don't have the range. We have our own strengths.
Sonic has picked up Li Mei and thinks the bitch is broken.

Told ya so haha.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
How is she broken???
40%+ safe overhead and low for 1 bar.
Plus frames for days.
Fast advancing 3/4 screen launcher
40%+ damage punishes for 1 bar
Decent screen control with lanterns and her straight shot
Decent armour
Ability to combo punish d1

She’s got every tool needed; she’s definitely near the top.