What's new

Let's talk practicality (and entrails)

Robotic

Gentleman.
B3.

MB toss into B3.

I hate it.

I've hated it since day 1. It's not practical. With enough practice and patience, a devoted Lobo player will eventually get the timing down on this fucking thing. Hell, you might even land the connection 80% of the time now.

Unless you play online.

Offline is covered. Offline has the tourney players speaking for it. I love the tourney players here and their endless knowledge. This is not to knock their B3 combos. This is only to state that most Injustice play takes place online, so I will speak for the online Lobo players and the alternatives to using B3 in the middle of a combo. With enough practice, the following combos can be reliably done upwards of 90% of the time. They are not many, but I have found success with my following, practical combos:

B2u1, D2, B2U1, 113 MB TOSS, F21 LOW CHAIN: 42% 44%trait (My go-to. It lands more than you think when the Oki-Force is strong in you...)

113 MB TOSS, 112 CHARGE: 36% (Easy-as-playing-GL kinda combo. For lighter characters like Harley, Frosty, Flashy, Raveny, the charge whiffs. BUT...not to worry. They can get hit with 113 MB TOSS, 113 CHARGE for 38%, or replace charge with another toss for 39%.)

Naked MB TOSS, D2, B3, Ji2, 21 CHARGE: 31% (b3 in the middle of a combo?? I know, but after d2, the b3 connects all too easy. Try it.)

B3, Ji3, D2, Ji2, 12 MB TOSS, F21 LOW CHAIN: 39% 44%trait (My new fav. I devour their ego and thoroughly enjoy it with this combo. This one will take a bit more time to master than the others, but it really is simple once the mechanics are downloaded into your brain)

Something to consider: All 4 of the above combos continue the notion of practicality by only using one bar of meter. All 4 of the above combos leave your opponent at mid range, the sweet spot for The Main Man.

The point is to be practical while in play, and maximizing your potential while keeping the risk low. I would hate for another one of you Lobo players out there to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory only because you dropped your Goddman B3 combo. Too many entrails get left on the table, when you deserve to feast when your cold heart desires. Here's hoping you guys try them and see that it's much better to land, than it is to drop.

B3.

MB toss into B3.

I hate it.

I've hated it since day 1. It's not practical. With enough practice and patience, a devoted Lobo player will eventually get the timing down on this fucking thing. Hell, you might even land the connection 80% of the time now.

Unless you play online.

Offline is covered. Offline has the tourney players speaking for it. I love the tourney players here and their endless knowledge. This is not to knock their B3 combos. This is only to state that most Injustice play takes place online, so I will speak for the online Lobo players and the alternatives to using B3 in the middle of a combo. With enough practice, the following combos can be reliably done upwards of 90% of the time. They are not many, but I have found success with my following, practical combos:

B2u1, D2, B2U1, 113 MB TOSS, F21 LOW CHAIN: 42% 44%trait (My go-to. It lands more than you think when the Oki-Force is strong in you...)

113 MB TOSS, 112 CHARGE: 36% (Easy-as-playing-GL kinda combo. For lighter characters like Harley, Frosty, Flashy, Raveny, the charge whiffs. BUT...not to worry. They can get hit with 113 MB TOSS, 113 CHARGE for 38%, or replace charge with another toss for 39%.)

Naked MB TOSS, D2, B3, Ji2, 21 CHARGE: 31% (b3 in the middle of a combo?? I know, but after d2, the b3 connects all too easy. Try it.)

B3, Ji3, D2, Ji2, 12 MB TOSS, F21 LOW CHAIN: 39% 44%trait (My new fav. I devour their ego and thoroughly enjoy it with this combo. This one will take a bit more time to master than the others, but it really is simple once the mechanics are downloaded into your brain)

Something to consider: All 4 of the above combos continue the notion of practicality by only using one bar of meter. All 4 of the above combos leave your opponent at mid range, the sweet spot for The Main Man.

The point is to be practical while in play, and maximizing your potential while keeping the risk low. I would hate for another one of you Lobo players out there to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory only because you dropped your Goddman B3 combo. Too many entrails get left on the table, when you deserve to feast when your cold heart desires. Here's hoping you guys try them and see that it's much better to land, than it is to drop.
You don't have to do B3. Online, it's so bad it's not even worth trying it. Substitute it with F213 then load another shot or F21~Charge.

Edit- Offline, Toss MB TO B3 is really easy actually.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Nothing in the Lobo forums gets past me, I've read every single post in this section. Amen sir amen, I hardly ever go for a B3 online after MB Czar Toss but when I do I use it for ambiguous cross-up tech...

Thanks. but....was my post too long? Did you read it?
I skimmed through. This is what I got from your post.

-I don't like using B3 after a MB Czar Toss
-Czar Toss MB into B3 is hard for me online
-It's hard for others too, so here are alternatives
-Here are more reliable things to do.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
b3 mid combo is cool but i rather b2 and get my damaged and setup my opponent
its more for swag i feel

but for your combos
d2 realy scales bad
u can ezily get more damage without b3 and without d2

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
its more for swag i feel

but for your combos
d2 realy scales bad
This after a MB Czar Toss I go into B2U1 or F21xxAny Special I can or a 21xxBF3

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
Nothing in the Lobo forums gets past me, I've read every single post in this section. Amen sir amen, I hardly ever go for a B3 online after MB Czar Toss but when I do I use it for ambiguous cross-up tech...
have u read alllllll the posts since day one? lol
if u have then i just got way more respect for you sir

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
This after a MB Czar Toss I go into B2U1 or F21xxAny Special I can or a 21xxBF3
how do u like that f2 string out of combos? ive got mixed feelings bout it
i like it cuz its an advAncing moves but at the same time theres better options to throw out
also @pnd ketchup ive been messing with the f2 2 into airtoss and i dont see the plus u were speaking of
i couldnt punish a number of moves on block
or where u speaking of if f2 2 hits?

Robotic

Gentleman.
its more for swag i feel

but for your combos
d2 realy scales bad
The D2 and B3 in the context of the combo works very well for the flow of it, and to make the combo punish well and easy to perform. Do you have examples on how to make the above combos better? Serious question, as it is for the betterment of all of us.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
how do u like that f2 string out of combos? ive got mixed feelings bout it
i like it cuz its an advAncing moves but at the same time theres better options to throw out
also @pnd ketchup ive been messing with the f2 2 into airtoss and i dont see the plus u were speaking of
i couldnt punish a number of moves on block
or where u speaking of if f2 2 hits?
Honestly, I throw it out (more than I should) but it you cancel after the 1 into Low Space Hook or Low Pump Shot, it catches a ton of people of guard. I wish it was faster though

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Do you guys realize how safe 21 is on block? If they don't jump back or move you can B1 them pretty well I was surprised.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
Dude I'm a hardcore Lobo main, had it not been for Injustice I may never have known this character existed LMAO
yea dats wasup
i wouldve of have a lot more theads but they got deleted before i could even work on them
im still waiting for the reasoning or an appoligy
straight bitch move

anyways dats wasup man
real glad to have u in here
hopefuly for mk10 u play baraka and all those other bad ass mofos too

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
yea dats wasup
i wouldve of have a lot more theads but they got deleted before i could even work on them
im still waiting for the reasoning or an appoligy
straight bitch move

anyways dats wasup man
real glad to have u in here
hopefuly for mk10 u play baraka and all those other bad ass mofos too
I was a Reptile guy in MK9 but we'll see :D I hope Tremor gets put in as a grappler I love characters that just get in the opponents face and F*** S*** up lol

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
The D2 and B3 in the context of the combo works very well for the flow of it, and to make the combo punish well and easy to perform. Do you have examples on how to make the above combos better? Serious question, as it is for the betterment of all of us.
my go to involves mixups of thiz
b2 u1 113 mb toss b2 u3 bf3
mix that up sith f2 instead of b2 as and ender and your choice of special as ender
or 113 mb toss 112 or 12 into any special
of b1 2 mb b3 j3 113 into special

theres a lot but like i said just switch out the b3 with b2 for midscreen
and try your combos without the d2 to see the difference
once im actualy in front of my ps3 ill let u know exact combos
sorry all i can do at the moment

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I've noticed something. If I put b+2,u+1 twice in a combo, the second time it's used, Lobo doesn't throw them up as high. But, if there is a d+2 in between, they still get tossed up the same height as the first time it's used (Like, a standing 1 will hit). Is that because of the d+2, or am I missing something else in the equation?

I've noticed something. If I put b+2,u+1 twice in a combo, the second time it's used, Lobo doesn't throw them up as high. But, if there is a d+2 in between, they still get tossed up the same height as the first time it's used (Like, a standing 1 will hit). Is that because of the d+2, or am I missing something else in the equation?

With some exceptions, like doing d2 twice in the same combo, gravity increases with the number of juggle hits. Doing something like b2u1 xx BC b3, b2u1, 113 will work as well since it's the same number of juggle hits (1) before the second b2u1. Add a second with b2u1 xx BC b3, j2, b2u1 or b2u1, d2, b3, b2u1 and the 113 won't connect because the gravity is proportional to 2 juggle hits.

On topic, I think that offline, MB dbf2, b3 is very practical and relatively easy to perform with a few minutes of practice (and a few more if you switch monitors). But online, I agree to an extent but it really depends on the connection. I have many online matches where it is very easy to land nearly 100% of the time, and others where it's nearly impossible. Even in matches with noticeable but not overwhelming lag, as long as it's consistent, it's often possible to adjust to it by doing the b3 a few frames later. If you really care about winning laggy matches or at least want to continue playing in them (I just leave as soon as it's over :oops:), I do agree it's a good idea to have easier combos in mind for when you do get into one, but I do still think the b3 combos are very practical in some connections at least. I think b2u1 would probably be the best go-to string for following up MB tosses in lag. I've been able to land that consistently in heavy lag and it still gets good damage in most cases.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I use the naked toss a lot more than using it after a string.
After a naked MB toss, b2u1, 113xx lowhook or regular space hook IF and only IF you have a nuclear shell ready. It's worth that extra damage then for the distance it puts them at.
But if you finish with a lowchain, you can be a crazy risky bastard and go for another naked toss MB.

Am I the only one who honestly thinks it's not that hard to land the command grab into b3 online? I can get it 99% of the time offline, probably 80% online. I also still seriously question why you guys care about online so much.

Am I the only one who honestly thinks it's not that hard to land the command grab into b3 online? I can get it 99% of the time offline, probably 80% online. I also still seriously question why you guys care about online so much.
I guess the timing online for my first attempt. Then I adapt to it for the next shot.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Its not hard with practice. Offline, I wait til they just start falling. Online, I hit the button right at the height of their fall.

I only go for it if I'm feeling super confident. What you can lose if you miss it is so awful (drop your combo plus eat a combo from certain characters on wakeup) that its not worth it unless I'm like "Dayum, Scottinho. You're a super handsome guy and I know you got this B3. In fact, you can do anything you want to, and will look great doing it." I'm usually that confident about 4-5 beers in.