What's new

Lets not stand on ceremony... What are your favorite phrases from the MKC?

Matix218

Get over here!
Since Ive been a member of this site/the MK tournament community I have learned so many great new phrases (seems like many originated on KTP or GGA but I am sure there are many others). What are your favorite phrases that originated in the MK/TYM community (or just the FGC in general)?

Some of mine are:
-Lets not stand on ceremony
-LBSH
-Bill of Goods
-Back blown out
-Bodied
-Bopped

credit to GGA 16 Bit for coining most of my favs.

coolwhip

Noob
Something tells me GGA 16 Bit did not come up with "Let's not stand on ceremony."

"Let's be serious here" is by far the best. Everyone and their mother started using it. That's how over it was. I actually started using it in every day conversations. There was a time when every post here started with LBSH.

Brady and 16 Bit are quote machines. Everything they say is quotable.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Inb4 "those phrases didnt originate with 16 bit, he just popularized them."

For me, the four I use the most, regardless of where they came from, that I didn't use before I joined this community:

Stay free
Only a real a master
Bill of goods
Hold Dat

Matix218

Get over here!
Something tells me "Let's not stand on ceremony" was not originated in the MKC.

"Let's be serious here" is by far the best. Everyone and their mother started using it. That's how over it was. I actually started using it in every day conversations.
Obviously it was already a phrase as is "bill of goods" but I doubt you had heard either anytime recently or in regards to fighting games until bit started throwing them around

coolwhip

Noob
Obviously it was already a phrase as is "bill of goods" but I doubt you had heard either anytime recently or in regards to fighting games until bit started throwing them around
Dude, "let's not stand on ceremony" is a line Bane says to Batman in The Dark Knight Rises (not to say that's when it was originated)...the conclusion to one of the most popular film trilogies of all time.

Matix218

Get over here!
Dude, "let's not stand on ceremony" is a line Bane says to Batman in The Dark Knight Rises (not to say that's when it was originated)...the conclusion to one of the most popular film trilogies of all time.
Its a very old phrase actually but now that I think anout it you are right. I forgot it was in that movie

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
DAT SKILL GAP
Stay Positive
Rushdown Fools
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!
Stay Classy
Stay Free
Shit is Free
LBFSH
Voting is Irrelevant Zod is your Leader. KNEEL!!
When's Mahvel?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Even though 16 Bit is the only one I've heard use it, but I like his "I've never been to 'insert situation'..." that he uses a lot, some of them are pure gold.

LBSH is definitely my favourite though, I use that all the time.

Matix218

Get over here!
Even though 16 Bit is the only one I've heard use it, but I like his "I've never been to 'insert situation'..." that he uses a lot, some of them are pure gold.

LBSH is definitely my favourite though, I use that all the time.
I also like when someone on ktp says something that may be racist and bit says "what does that mean"