What's new

Combo List - Kung Lao let's figure out a dive kick bnb

So far I have a combo:

Dive kick f1 df1 b321- 21%

I found that the f1 is the most reliable way to link the dive kick to a spin. Unfortunately the opponent is just out of range for a neutral jump 2 after the spin.

I would really love to get this combo to 25% or higher without using meter. You guys got any ideas?

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I've only ever gotten about 23% off of a dive kick. Dive kick, 1, b32 xx spin, run, 1, throw. That's 23%. You can do j3 xx dive kick after the spin for 22%, as well as just a full b312 after spin for 22% as well.

Generally I've found that his standing 1 floats the opponent, which makes landing the b32 spin really consistent after dive kicks.

skater11

The saltiest
Dk, d4xxspin, run, b321(or 1, b321). The spacing b321 gives you + the HKD is godlike and should always end with b321 midscreen for that matter, in my opinion.

I've only ever gotten about 23% off of a dive kick. Dive kick, 1, b32 xx spin, run, 1, throw. That's 23%. You can do j3 xx dive kick after the spin for 22%, as well as just a full b312 after spin for 22% as well.

Generally I've found that his standing 1 floats the opponent, which makes landing the b32 spin really consistent after dive kicks.
I will have to give that 1 a try. Every % counts!

Dk, d4xxspin, run, b321(or 1, b321). The spacing b321 gives you + the HKD is godlike and should always end with b321 midscreen for that matter, in my opinion.
The combo I listed above also ends in b321. I also find f1 to be a much easier link than d3. Maybe it's just me? There is also no run, which makes it less likely to drop.

What kind of damage can we get with a meter burned? If it is significantly more, it could be worth it!

Last edited:

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
You can get a lot with EN spin in Tempest. My normal divekick bnb with EN spin, then NJP into jump kick xx dive kick does about 33%