What's new

Question Legit Batman Buffs/Nerfs

How can he be a rushdown character when he needs to be directly in your face, all strings can be poked/armored out of and bats are 0 on block? I would definitely take the trait nerf to actually give him a legit pressure game.
It is purely because of the bats that Batman can successfully rushdown and pressure the opponent. It makes up for the holes in his strings. Which lead me to my point that Batman would need compensation if his trait were ever nerfed. I am essentially agreeing with your opinion.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Pretty much what Glue said.

Batman is too reliant on his trait to really nerf it. And tbh, he's fine.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I would be more in favor of not tinkering with him. Great character as things stand now who can compete, so I would just rather leave him alone and not risk screwing him up.

coolwhip

Noob
How is divekick being an overhead crazy???? One its slow and 2 Black adams get a full screen one that is overhead to go with his low projectile.....
Because he's already got an insane J2 as an overhead, and he's got some really good air mix-ups as it is. If you make Dive kick an overhead, you're giving him a buff in an area in which he already excels at (think of all the options Batman already has after jumping). Given how most of the cast doesn't have a great anti-air, you're really just making him all the more jump happy.

coolwhip

Noob
Bottom line, if batman didnt have access to his trait, he couldn't do anything in defence, zoning, wiff punishing.

He was built around his trait.
Hey Glue, what do you think about F2 as a whiff punisher? It's his farthest reaching normal, and can be canceled into meter burn grapple for a full combo. I haven't messed around with it too much yet to know how reliable it is, but it's something I've recently started using.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Hey Glue, what do you think about F2 as a whiff punisher? It's his farthest reaching normal, and can be canceled into meter burn grapple for a full combo. I haven't messed around with it too much yet to know how reliable it is, but it's something I've recently started using.
Good vs GL, Flash, Aquaman and Deathstroke.

RapZiLLa54

Because he's already got an insane J2 as an overhead, and he's got some really good air mix-ups as it is. If you make Dive kick an overhead, you're giving him a buff in an area in which he already excels at (think of all the options Batman already has after jumping). Given how most of the cast doesn't have a great anti-air, you're really just making him all the more jump happy.
Considering the only time to glide is when you're opponent is ON THE GROUND I don't see how that would make him more of a jumper. You should never be gliding in the air for no reason and considering its very negative on block why shouldn't it be an overhead? The entire point of his glide was it was going to be an incredible mix up tool but instead its practically useless.

It has a 14 frame start up though. That won't cut it in every situation.

coolwhip

Noob
Considering the only time to glide is when you're opponent is ON THE GROUND I don't see how that would make him more of a jumper. You should never be gliding in the air for no reason and considering its very negative on block why shouldn't it be an overhead? The entire point of his glide was it was going to be an incredible mix up tool but instead its practically useless.
Batman's glide is far from useless. Play against an Aquaman, and see how good his glide is at baiting out anti airs.

RapZiLLa54

Batman's glide is far from useless. Play against an Aquaman, and see how good his glide is at baiting out anti airs.
Yea its good to bait wake ups and some anti airs but thats if and only if your opponent stays grounded (which in this game isn't often). Loses vs all air to airs and is universally blocked by holding down and is full combo punishable on block...

coolwhip

Noob
Yea its good to bait wake ups and some anti airs but thats if and only if your opponent stays grounded (which in this game isn't often). Loses vs all air to airs and is universally blocked by holding down and is full combo punishable on block...
Agreed, but a dive kick that leads to over 40% damage SHOULD be full combo punishable on block.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
How is anything I posted going to make him broken? Making 22 plus 4 on block still gives you the ability to poke out if I try to do 22 again or B11 but would actually let me use his d1. 22 is currently plus 8.

22 being plus 4 AND Mid is pretty dumb.. If you do another 10 frame 2 the opponent has to just frame a 6 frame move to get out. First of all, not everyone has a six frame move, second of all, it's a just frame, lastly even if they do that they'll trade with the 2.

That wasn't the only thing either. His Bats not going away on hit is just dumbing down the character even further. Now you don't even have to decide whether to release them or not and kan just pressure freely. If they start getting aggressive then you kan bat them. It's really dumb and too strong.

Making Bats plus is also stupid. You kan already move while shooting them out. That works to lock them in place and is a type of advantage. If they get hit you even get a full kombo.

Parry should not have quicker recovery frames. It lasts long as it is and doesn't require timing..

Ex slide as an untechable knockdown is fine but it isn't needed. I don't believe buffs should be given out freely "just because".. There isn't a strong reason for this buff.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yes.... let take away the ONLY thing he actually excels at and thats air to air

That is definitely not the only thing he excels at.. A 9 frame low, a 12 frame mid, and attacks you kan throw out without risk of punishment that konvert into kombo are not things every character has..

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
F2 is good, but not great.

It is a specific punisher, such as, deathstroke sword flip on wake up, F2 Meter Grapple.

Other than that, it is not a great punisher without meter.

I use it for F2 crossover, or F2 into 1 etc, as its +1 on block, I like to throw out F23 on block, and parry, once they respect that and try to bait a parry, i can chance my arm and string again.

It has its uses.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If im asking for a nerf sand a buffs, here they are, all very reasonable.

Nerf: As the opponent, the gap to dash forward after blocking B23 should be widened so you can close in on batman and not eat the explosion so easily, instead of resorting to dashing back for 100% safety.

Buff: Throw should plant the opponent closer, jump/dash distance.

Batman is a limitless character. I wish everyone was as good as batman.
But I see where people are getting at about his trait. I hate all the nerf ideas to a T but I gotta say he gets so so dooo much out of a single bat. Great zoning, amazing punish, extra full combo launcher, advantageous pressure of everything even slide, different more damaging combos, crazy AA game, maximized footsies, OTG resets.
Yeah pretty good character, but he looses his trait the easiest compared to everyone (I'm pretty sure)
He needs it because without it he wouldn't have the craziest mixup game without using meter. I can't believe some people think him loosening the rotation is a fair nerf, seriously climb back in your mom

F2 is good, but not great.

It is a specific punisher, such as, deathstroke sword flip on wake up, F2 Meter Grapple.

Other than that, it is not a great punisher without meter.

I use it for F2 crossover, or F2 into 1 etc, as its +1 on block, I like to throw out F23 on block, and parry, once they respect that and try to bait a parry, i can chance my arm and string again.

It has its uses.
1 bat. F23 bat b3 ji3 b23 30% + damage without meter