What's new

Learning to use a Hitbox

Iv'e never ever used one and have been using a controller. Are these things difficult to pick up? Iv'e been looking at them and doing some figuring in my head as to how they'd feel. Do many people in high level play use them?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Just takes getting used to. It's like typing in a way lol, kinds weird

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Goldi

Noob
Very difficult, but worth it IMHO.

Of course, I have stupid fingers so I'm sure you'll catch on faster than I did :)

I think i'm just gonna give it a shot. Looking forward to starting some serious offline play too. Are they permitted in tournaments

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I played around with a buddies and I had the basic bnbs down pretty quickly. Reptile's elbow dash NJP was difficult for me, though.

swag1

EX smash solves all
I have been using a HitBox for about 2 months now, and I am very happy with it. I find that it gels very well Mortal Kombat. The Instant Air Fireballs are incredibly easy. It makes certain combos a lot easier. It works with some characters better than others.

I find that it works particularily well with:
-Kabal
-Sindel
-Sonya
-Mileena
-Kitana
-Shang Tsung
-Freddy

Nobody it doesn't work really well with, but I find that those are specifics.

EDIT: Also helps with inputs such as D+1 Spear, D+1 Fan Lift, D+1 Net, etc.

aj1701

Noob
I have been using a HitBox for about 2 months now, and I am very happy with it. I find that it gels very well Mortal Kombat. The Instant Air Fireballs are incredibly easy. It makes certain combos a lot easier. It works with some characters better than others.

-Kabal
-Sindel
-Sonya
-Mileena
-Kitana
-Shang Tsung
-Freddy

Excellent, just what I wanted to hear... hopefully my friend will finish the box this weekend and I can start putting it together during the week.

-Kabal
-Sindel
-Sonya
-Mileena
-Kitana
-Shang Tsung
-Freddy

Would probably work pretty well with liu kang too. With the air fireballs and the bbf4 in combos

swag1

EX smash solves all
Would probably work pretty well with liu kang too. With the air fireballs and the bbf4 in combos
I used to be a Liu Kang main, back until I dropped him. IMO, his IAFB's are the hardest to do in the game. It was wierd, he was the only character for me that the height difference didn't change between pad and HitBox. It helped with EX Bicycle Kick on wakeups, but in combos not much of a difference. He's easier, but not such a notable difference

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I played around with a buddies and I had the basic bnbs down pretty quickly. Reptile's elbow dash NJP was difficult for me, though.
It was the other way around for me.
Reptile's NJP BnB was the first BnB I learned. It took me a while to get shang's bnb down.

I'm still new to all this so some of the terms go over my head.. BnB? Also i find kang to have the easiest of the IAFBs for some reason