What's new

Lack of Contrast Between Characters and Backgrounds

D

Deleted member 9158

Meh wait till the game comes out. Looks fine to me

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
The characters do kind of blend with the background in the examples you used, but I'm sure it'll be tweaked to perfection by release.

MLGIHydro

@MLGIHydro
Meh wait till the game comes out. Looks fine to me
I brought this up because if it is in fact an issue, I don't want the game to come out with characters fading into the background.

If it isn't an issue, great! But I think it is worth taking note of.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
I feel like this is extenuated by still images. When characters are moving, the contrast can be visualized more easily.
This. I haven't had a problem with seeing kharacters in any of the HD videos by Mortal Kombat Community on youtube. Also, I think what we're seeing in some of those examples you posted is how the new lighting effects for different stages work with the character models.. and again, when that is seen in live action, in game, it doesn't look like a problem to me.

I would expect if there is a real problem when the game is released they'll patch a fix for it, or allow you to change some visual options even in the console version if possible.

They have said that everything they've shown so far is a work in progress (though they didn't mention it in the latest stream..), so i feel like you can add that grain of salt as well. But I do see what you're saying in those specific stills, you're not completely imagining things.