What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao's Meter GAIN Glitch Discussion

Should Kung Lao Be Banned This Weekend at Combo Breaker?

• Total voters

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Appropriate CB TOs are aware. They're making a decision soon.

LBSH... whos gonna wakeup teleport?

This sucks for any KL player that already paid to travel.

Due to the timing and the fact that there are committed KL players already going, it would be pretty hard to decide on a ban without pissing people off especially since this is something that very few people are likely to use.

Did you know subzero can gain meter by OS buffering a clone input? He gains meter like he just put a clone out just for doing the input while he's doing something else. Just sayin.
I agree. This is going to piss people off either way. If people can't play KL they're going to be directly mad at me. I don't really care about that. All I did was make this post asking a question and said it is worth the discussion. I was under the impression that spectral ermac was banned because get could get a full bar of meter for inputting a special move.

If spectral was banned because doing that was VIABLE... that's a different scenario. I haven't made a single baseless claim throughout this post.

At the same time, if KL wins any matches for getting a bar of meter off of this... the people who traveled and spent money are going to feel the same way.

haketh

Noob
Spectral doesn't have combos that don't require flight into special cancel?

Also, there were cyrax combos that were banned early on in mk9.
Nothing above 22% give or take a percentage, plus like I said banning combos is ridiculous, I thought that was dumb as hell back in MK9 with early Cyrax.

Can you have a judge watch and just not wake up with teleport? I can understand not banning a character because some ppl only use one. This is a clunky fix til it gets taken out.
No reason to stop people from doing a teleport that gets them punished.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
another kind soul had already discretely brought this issue up a couple of weeks ago, so it has already been fixed for the next major patch. It will not be hotfixed out.

The ermac meter drain bug should be hotfixed out today tho.
You guys have a date on that major patch yet? Any balance changes?

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
Claiming its the same as Ermac spectral bug is pretty disingenuous when his glitch involved getting 3 bars of meter while doing a combo.

This involves getting knocked down, then doing a non-invincible wakeup which can be blown up either by a meaty (normal knockdown game) or just hitting him out of the air. The max you can get from this is 1 bar, and its after already getting knocked down by your opponent.

Would be thoroughly surprised to see KL banned by TOs if they actually have the information and dont fall into a propoganda trap.
but if a kung lao player wins the tournament, it will be a shitstorm

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
Nothing above 22% give or take a percentage, plus like I said banning combos is ridiculous, I thought that was dumb as hell back in MK9 with early Cyrax.

No reason to stop people from doing a teleport that gets them punished.
It meets the sides at the middle. Characters good but you can't use the bug. Punishable or not if it's used there will be complaints I'm sure.

MK_Al

Noob
I agree. This is going to piss people off either way. If people can't play KL they're going to be directly mad at me. I don't really care about that. All I did was make this post asking a question and said it is worth the discussion
Though you kind of ruined my day, no mature member can and will blame you. Better have an open discussion than arguing at the tournament and live with a gut decision.

haketh

Noob
but if a kung lao player wins the tournament, it will be a shitstorm
Yeah if a Kung Lao player wins after using this glitch that leaves them unsafe multiple times throughout a match & is constantly using the meter for breaker despite opening them back up to getting fucked up again it'll be a shittstorm.

C9-Keiji

Noob
Yeah if a Kung Lao player wins after using this glitch that leaves them unsafe multiple times throughout a match & is constantly using the meter for breaker despite opening them back up to getting fucked up again it'll be a shittstorm.
You make it sound like wake up teleport should just never in any circumstance be used so this isn't an issue, I'm sure many pros can find a way to exploit this if they really wanted to and yes its an unsafe wake up but you can't really sit here and down play it to the point where absolutely nothing should be done about it what so ever.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
If KL has a big life lead and uses this to win, it will be a problem. If KL already has a bar and gets knocked down.... there is no rIsk... you can either break or hit with the teleport into full combo

Nobody is suggesting that doing this every time he's knocked down is a viable strategy.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
What happens if you have at least 1 meter and then you wakeup with a meter burned teleport? Is it free?
Please read the entire thread.
In the time it took you to reply you could have simply answered the question. it can be hard to find info through 5 pages of a forum. The entitledness is real with this one. To answer the question, no it doesn't work with ex tele.

Tim Static

Adminerator
@STORMS can we get some front page love
Doesn't need to be front paged. @Rocksteady needs to make a decision & it has nothing to do with what the survey or thread postings say. I'm sure he has been in contact w/ NRS as well, so once Paulo confirms the info he just posted in this thread was the current patch that PS4 has now & XBone is waiting for, or is a completely different patch, we'll go from there.
another kind soul had already discretely brought this issue up a couple of weeks ago, so it has already been fixed for the next major patch. It will not be hotfixed out.

I just noticed colt's sig.. Throws are 4 champs..

Excellent troll. :( it's like just short of acknowledging that throw teching being a guess makes no sense and no one likes it.

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
If KL has a big life lead and uses this to win, it will be a problem. If KL already has a bar and gets knocked down.... there is no rIsk... you can either break or hit with the teleport into full combo

Nobody is suggesting that doing this every time he's knocked down is a viable strategy.
I logged back in to type this and you beat me, lol.

this is dirty and should be banned he basically gets a free teleport if he has 1 meter as he can break or combo as others have said. Who cares if they paid a lot to go to the tournament and cant use him think of the people that pay a lot and will lose to this BS

What do people not understand about a wakeup attack not being invinsible. On top of that there is a certain timing to it. First of all I wouldn't even use this garbage and second of all are you guys really talking about the chance of kung lao winning because he can gain 1 bar by getting full combo punished.

Who cares if they paid a lot to go to the tournament and cant use him think of the people that pay a lot and will lose to this BS
This is the main point of concern imo. But it can be curtailed by disallowing use of the glitch. Disallowing the character entirely completely bones KL mains. Allowing the character CAN screw KL opponents, but it doesn't guarantee it. Banning KL guarantees no use of KL... See the difference?

You can allow KL but make it known that if you use the glitch to win you will be DQ'ed or something. Or just say, "no using the meter glitch period." that would be enoguh to make it a non issue. No one would violate the rules and risk being disqualified if the travel planning and investment mattered to them.

this is all NRS fault for these meter building bugs to even be in the game lol. If a hot fix isnt relased for this asap, it can cause problems regardless if the tele can be punished or not.