What's new

Question - Kung Lao Kung Lao's 21 string

MK_Al

Noob
Can somebody explain why the 21 string is considered a hard knockdown? You can tech roll, delay wake up or wake up with a special afterwards. I don't get it.

Can somebody explain why the 21 string is considered a hard knockdown? You can tech roll, delay wake up or wake up with a special afterwards. I don't get it.
Its not a hard knockdown, but it is the knockdown that gives you the most advantage+corner carry and in the corner gives you enough time to get a hat spin out and break armor.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It takes longer for all those options you mentioned to become available on contrary of finishing with a dive kick or just a jump kick.

It also allows Lao to setup hats before all those options become available.

MK_Al

Noob
It takes longer for all those options you mentioned to become available on contrary of finishing with a dive kick or just a jump kick.

It also allows Lao to setup hats before all those options become available.
Its not a hard knockdown, but it is the knockdown that gives you the most advantage+corner carry and in the corner gives you enough time to get a hat spin out and break armor.
I agree. But I keep hearing "... into hard knockdown" from the commentators when a KL ends with 21, but I don't see how it's technically a hard knockdown. So I started wondering if I missed something.

I agree. But I keep hearing "... into hard knockdown" from the commentators when a KL ends with 21, but I don't see how it's technically a hard knockdown. So I started wondering if I missed something.
Do your own work in the lab don't listen to other people who like to throw random frame data numbers out or call things a block infinite or 50/50 or what not because they don't know what to say on commentary.