What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm not a tier whore, trust me. It won't effect my decision to try him. I just like to hear people's opinions without them giving me a biased answer before I jump into something. I'm thinking about playing him in general.

What do you guys think his best variation is?

Buzzsaw I feel is his best. He's a mid tierish character that doesn't have any real "dirt" like some of the better characters have. Maybe he'll get better over time.

Does afoxygrandpa have any videos that I can learn from. PLs kung lao is too over the place and does the riskiest dumbest things.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Are there any matchups people really struggle with as Buzzsaw Lao? I haven't gotten to play alot of the cast as him yet but I feel like kenshi could be pretty rough for him.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
How are you guys getting the ex tele to come out? The timing seems very odd for some reason.

Interested in picking up Kung Lao. Can anyone give me a quick comparison of Tempest and Buzzsaw? Just for reference, I mained Kung Lao in MK2 (well, in the sense that I used him the most in the arcade tower), so it would also help to know which one is closer to his style in that game, but not really a criteria. I'm also certain that Reptile is at least my secondary so perhaps that will shed some light on the kind of characters or variations I like.

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

GT = SIR JAY LEGEND add me on XBL for matches
Hi don't mean to sound like a complete noob here but how the heck are you supposed to do Kung Lao 11212 (flurry fist) consistently. I've tried pressing them slowly and quickly but it doesn't come out.

Only time it comes out is if I violently mash. Can anyone here share there secret to getting it consistently I've seen combo videos where it's been used as a linker so I know it's possible.

It just seems like a complete waste of a move the way it's so difficult to pull off.

Voodoo

Smack it up, flip it and rub it down.
Hi don't mean to sound like a complete noob here but how the heck are you supposed to do Kung Lao 11212 (flurry fist) consistently. I've tried pressing them slowly and quickly but it doesn't come out.

Only time it comes out is if I violently mash. Can anyone here share there secret to getting it consistently I've seen combo videos where it's been used as a linker so I know it's possible.

It just seems like a complete waste of a move the way it's so difficult to pull off.
hit 11 then slide your thumb to 212 tyou have to hit 212 before the 11 comes out its all just rhythm

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

GT = SIR JAY LEGEND add me on XBL for matches
How the hell do I anti-air? Spin gets stuffed 60% of the time.
I just use down 2 the instant I see them jump in if you have your hat it covers quite abit of range.

What variation you using because the moving spin in tempest is a great AA if your quick enough to recognise it.

EDIT - you can also dash forward if the try to cross you up and use B321 to punish them. That works for me a lot

It is spacing specific. I use standing 1 and spin. Jumpkicks will beat your standing 1 and jumpkick will probably beat your spin more often than not unless their jumpin kick is very obvious. Ex spin is the only consistent anti air.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
How do people effectively use tempest? I saw MIT (Or was it DJT? They share the same account) talk about Tempest potentially being the best. With Buzz Saw you can harass people with annoying mix ups, but what is Tempest supposed to do against a good defensive opponent? How does it open people up? That spin is really tempting, but I can't seem to understand how it has any other real advantages over Buzz Saw.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
How do people effectively use tempest? I saw MIT (Or was it DJT? They share the same account) talk about Tempest potentially being the best. With Buzz Saw you can harass people with annoying mix ups, but what is Tempest supposed to do against a good defensive opponent? How does it open people up? That spin is really tempting, but I can't seem to understand how it has any other real advantages over Buzz Saw.
Tempest has safe mix ups or pressure I mean with the hat spin buff. He can end block string pressure with hat spin and make it safe. MB hat spin is +20? On block I believe.