What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

Hey is anybody else having trouble landing Jump 2 on ducking characters?
I'm not if it 1:Me and my executions
2:low hurt-boxes characters like "Cassie cage"
3:maybe it not a good move to use for jump in?
Any help or advice will be help full.

I'm having trouble getting the spin to move... the command list says to input forward or back while holding 1 after doing the spin input... but that doesn't work for me... any tips to get the move to come out?

I'm having trouble getting the spin to move... the command list says to input forward or back while holding 1 after doing the spin input... but that doesn't work for me... any tips to get the move to come out?
You have to be "Tempest Kung lao " just spin and hold the button then press left or right and you will move while spinning

That's exactly my issue though. As Tempest Kung Lao, I spin and hold the button, and then when I press left or right I do not move. Is there a trick to it? Has anyone else had trouble getting this move to come out? I'm on PC if this is a factor

coolwhip

Noob
That's exactly my issue though. As Tempest Kung Lao, I spin and hold the button, and then when I press left or right I do not move. Is there a trick to it? Has anyone else had trouble getting this move to come out? I'm on PC if this is a factor
It's pretty straight forward to me. Keep holding "1" (square or X, depending on your console) and just keep holding forward or back to move in the direction that you want.

I am clearly not the only one who didn't know and it is such a simple and useful piece of information for people new to the character i would hate for people to have to scroll through pages just to see if anyone asked about it in the future
It's really just basic knowledge. I am guessing you're new to fighting games. People come and ask the same questions all the time on the forums. Back in Mk9 you had people ask the same questions for 3 years long on the kung lao forums.

Wasted

Noob
It's really just basic knowledge. I am guessing you're new to fighting games. People come and ask the same questions all the time on the forums. Back in Mk9 you had people ask the same questions for 3 years long on the kung lao forums.
The timing for 11212 isn't basic knowledge. It should be able to be done with the speed of any other strings, but hey, NRS logic.

It's pretty straight forward to me. Keep holding "1" (square or X, depending on your console) and just keep holding forward or back to move in the direction that you want.
I found the issue. I am using SCP drivers to use ps3 controller on PC. Apparently, dpad doesnt work for the forward or back move, but the analog stick does. Weird, because dpad works for literally everything else.

F4tal

Noob
Not sure if all backdashes are the same speed for every character but I am able to easily punish Kano's backdash without having to use EX Spin to close the distance. Granted that you have to kinda guess that they are going to backdash or react to it quickly but you can run cancel to them and punish with B321, B12, B2, or F23. If I messed up on any inputs let me know just going off of memory but I set Kano to backdash on reversal mode and its easily punishable if this helps anyone.

Last edited:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I found the issue. I am using SCP drivers to use ps3 controller on PC. Apparently, dpad doesnt work for the forward or back move, but the analog stick does. Weird, because dpad works for literally everything else.
I got the same problem with flying as Ermac. I gotta confirm this issue!

F4tal

Noob
Hey everyone, here is a video showing the highest damaging combo punisher after a back dash on reversal. Granted it not be the most optimal combo but just posting it since it is fairly good damage for 1 bar. Read the description in the video for more information regarding it and let me know what you think.

Wasted

Noob
There's no matchup thread here?

How do you guys deal with Ferra/Torr? Especially with Vicious, it's damn near impossible to get in on them, since Ferra is not a projectile and goes through hat throws.

If Torr throws mid, you can't Divekick over Ferrari because of her hitbox.

Their NJ2 covers nearly full screen too....

onemic

Noob
How necessary is that dumb string that you have to input very fast to Kung Lao's game? ( I think it's 11212) It's the one thing thats stopping me from actually trying him out.

Also how would you guys say Kung laos footsies are relative to the rest of the cast? I main Kotal and want to try out another character with a pretty good footsie/neutral game. I play Fei Long in SF4 if thats of any help

Last edited:

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
how to i punish his F4? i played a really spammy player and when ever he picked kung lao he would do this move over and over and i would be free to it :(