What's new

Kung Lao Competitive Discussion

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
I don't think you can cancel these two strings into teleport. Everytime I get the teleport there's no cancel advantage. If anyone has an example of this I would love to see it as it sounds sneaky.
it is doable off of the strings, the input is just difficult. I have executed them all ingame to positive effect. Also there is no advantage, it's simply a stagger mindgame that allows you to threaten overhead and not be as punishable.

Nutz

Noob
it is doable off of the strings, the input is just difficult. I have executed them all ingame to positive effect. Also there is no advantage, it's simply a stagger mindgame that allows you to threaten overhead and not be as punishable.
What I'm saying is it isn't a cancel. Pretty sure no cancel advantage means you're inputting the teleport after the recovery of the strings rather than canceling from said strings. That would also explain why the timing is "difficult".

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
What I'm saying is it isn't a cancel. Pretty sure no cancel advantage means you're inputting the teleport after the recovery of the strings rather than canceling from said strings. That would also explain why the timing is "difficult".
I'm pretty sure it's an actual cancel. I think the game doesn't store your teleport inputs for very long so you actually have to do the up input after the cancel window has already started. With other specials, you are allowed to do the inputs much earlier because the game will store them for you.

Same thing happens with D4 teleport. It won't store the down input from d4 long enough so you actually have to press D4,D,U instead of D4,U - making it much more difficult to execute. I suppose this is just NRS way of making sure teleport isn't overpowered?

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I'm pretty sure it's an actual cancel. I think the game doesn't store your teleport inputs for very long so you actually have to do the up input after the cancel window has already started. With other specials, you are allowed to do the inputs much earlier because the game will store them for you.

Same thing happens with D4 teleport. It won't store the down input from d4 long enough so you actually have to press D4,D,U instead of D4,U - making it much more difficult to execute. I suppose this is just NRS way of making sure teleport isn't overpowered?
Eh, the teleports ass if you play enough Kung Laos. He doesn’t have strings that put him far away enough, so you can d4 him before he tele’s. Or just d1 if he does tele.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Eh, the teleports ass if you play enough Kung Laos. He doesn’t have strings that put him far away enough, so you can d4 him before he tele’s. Or just d1 if he does tele.
I only say this, because shit was getting blown up by most at an offline local this past weekend.

Nutz

Noob

I see it now, I was just too late with my timing cancelling into them. The cancel advantage does show up, my apologies fellas.

Nutz

Noob
I see the d1 post tele so often now and I don't even know if it's worth it to mb for the longer delay, it just really seems kinda pointless a lot of the time

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Uhhh, I never said anything about the teleport being good, I was talking purely about how the cancel into teleport works. Then I speculated as to why it works like that.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Uhhh, I never said anything about the teleport being good, I was talking purely about how the cancel into teleport works. Then I speculated as to why it works like that.
Sorry, I took the “I guess this is nrs’s way of not making it op” part the wrong way then. Thought you were inferring they made it “harder” to execute because it’s good.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Sorry, I took the “I guess this is nrs’s way of not making it op” part the wrong way then. Thought you were inferring they made it “harder” to execute because it’s good.
Yeah, I don't think it's that great. But that's the only reason I could come up with for NRS making the cancels harder. Could just be a bug with the D,U input or something...

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
No, it is a special move cancel, I can also affirm that because I did it by inputting the whole string and then special move canceling after, and it came out before the whole string completed.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
So the only way I've been able to get DU (1/2/3/4) reliably is to end a combo in [S3] which only has 2 active frames and the hit adv is 8 w/the du only being 1 frame start up.

Its odd because the tele doesn't show the active frames.
Edit: Wondering how many actual frames of animation there are before he actually goes into the ground.....because startup is just start up.
I had a vid but i deleted it but if someone wants to try it and post it that'd be great.

So something like:
Starter~df1~string-df1amp~3-tele you can kinda hit confirm the tele after s3 someone post it im at work rn.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So the only way I've been able to get DU (1/2/3/4) reliably is to end a combo in [S3] which only has 2 active frames and the hit adv is 8 w/the du only being 1 frame start up.

Its odd because the tele doesn't show the active frames. I had a vid but i deleted it but if someone wants to try it and post it that'd be great.

So something like:
Starter~df1~string-df1amp~3-tele you can kinda hit confirm the tele after s3 someone post it im at work rn.
Not sure what you mean about the teleport not showing the active frames. Active frames are only for attacks. Since the teleport doesn't have an attack built in, there are no active frames until you push a follow-up button.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Not sure what you mean about the teleport not showing the active frames. Active frames are only for attacks. Since the teleport doesn't have an attack built in, there are no active frames until you push a follow-up button.
I edited my post take a look, the reason for it being trash is because it takes too long for him to actually tele so ending it after a basic move helps get it out

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I edited my post take a look, the reason for it being trash is because it takes too long for him to actually tele so ending it after a basic move helps get it out
I labbed standing normals into tele as combo enders and none gave me enough advantage to successfully stuff wakeup mashing. The best option I found was to end combos in F12 and go into amp tele on knockdown. Once you hit them once or twice with amp tele 2 when they wake up mashing, they will start to delay their wakeups. There are ways to beat that too. I made a vid about this a few weeks back:

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Whats the best way to deal with shangs strings into groundskull? You can only seem to flawlessblock the last hit of groundskull wich gains u nothing.
I cant dash out of it and so far havent found any string or button to make the second groundskull whiff. Any ideas?

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Whats the best way to deal with shangs strings into groundskull? You can only seem to flawlessblock the last hit of groundskull wich gains u nothing.
I cant dash out of it and so far havent found any string or button to make the second groundskull whiff. Any ideas?
You can flawless block and punish with f21.. timing is strict

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
What's the counter for his f13 auto stagger into hat spin? There's no flawless block gap or anything? Do you just have to take it? How do you punish f13:?