What's new

Video/Tutorial - Bojutsu Kung Jin tutorial

BlackKen

Noob
Thanks for checking it out. I'm gonna do an updated version since a lot of his stuff changed with the patches.

pulsiondemuerte

The Horror
Just when I'm finally decided to try this guy, dropping Goro (meh) and Scorpion 'cause the recent nerfs I found this! Great. Hopefully you can make a updated and more detailed version. Thanks!
In which way the nerfs changes Kung Jin potential?

BlackKen

Noob
The axe kick (+3 to -5) hinge kick (0 to -3) and overhead (19f startup from 16f) got nerfed. So he has the same tools, but you have to approach with caution now cause they can get punished easier. I'll probably make 2 vids after evo.

pulsiondemuerte

The Horror
Are really axe kick at -5 and hinge kick at -3 punishables? By a few characters in the cast or anyone?.
I thought that only by some really fast characters like reptile, kung lao, raiden...
The overhead at 19f startup is REALLY a big deal?.

Thanks!

BTW @BlackKen I think KJ starters players need a updated and a comprehensive guide with things that still works and thing don't work. This forum is feeling a little sleepy :(

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
Hi when are you going to do the guide please?

The axe kick (+3 to -5) hinge kick (0 to -3) and overhead (19f startup from 16f) got nerfed. So he has the same tools, but you have to approach with caution now cause they can get punished easier. I'll probably make 2 vids after evo.
when

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
id say -5 and -3 is pretty much safe... +3 really didnt need to be there, esp on a move that can break armor..and the 16 frame starter needed it, there is many ways to hit OH with him NJP EXDB3 and so on

he has range he really didnt need half the tools that he had, its a good thing he got some nerf's, he had a bad reputation for being the most braindead character, and now maybe some KJ players can get some respect!

id say Shaolin is worth looking into.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Why would anyone who has ever played fighting games need a Bojutsu tutorial?

Just put the controller in their hands and they'll know what to do.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
he has range he really didnt need half the tools that he had, its a good thing he got some nerf's, he had a bad reputation for being the most braindead character, and now maybe some KJ players can get some respect!
I don't suppose you'd be surprised to know that people still hold that same sentiment towards Kung Jin even now.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter

I think there is room for a tutorial for any character - I know I would appreciate it. I have only just picked him up in the last week or two, and while he has some obvious stuff, there is a lot of things I bet I am missing.

He seems pretty fun.

Br3inboy

"This fight will be your last!"

Ehm, yeah sure - i can agree with that but after 30 minutes of instant repeat on db3 you will have to find some starters you can rely on and setups cause in my opinion he has some decent strings to use with a mid/low mid/overhead mixups. Everybody says that it is a rly easy character but i think its only true if you want to play him just 4fun between other chars you main - you can optimize him into a lvl that every hit will turn out to be 33/35% combo - i think thats just awesome. I also wish he had some cool skins :(

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I think there is room for a tutorial for any character - I know I would appreciate it. I have only just picked him up in the last week or two, and while he has some obvious stuff, there is a lot of things I bet I am missing.

He seems pretty fun.
Ehm, yeah sure - i can agree with that but after 30 minutes of instant repeat on db3 you will have to find some starters you can rely on and setups cause in my opinion he has some decent strings to use with a mid/low mid/overhead mixups. Everybody says that it is a rly easy character but i think its only true if you want to play him just 4fun between other chars you main - you can optimize him into a lvl that every hit will turn out to be 33/35% combo - i think thats just awesome. I also wish he had some cool skins :(
Here's your tutorial...

The only way to make him cool is to change his weapon. A bo-staff, IMO, is cor-ny.

Br3inboy

"This fight will be your last!"
Here's your tutorial...

The only way to make him cool is to change his weapon. A bo-staff, IMO, is cor-ny.
Ok, that made me laugh my face off xD

Yeah, i also have issues with this weapon - like a freaking frying pan would look better than this bow :DOGE

Reactions: GAV