What's new

Kung Jin is MK's first Gay character

Status
Not open for further replies.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Good - he is my main so this means he will be less distracted by all the tits flopping around everywhere (I supposed this would have been more of a problem in MK9) - he will stay focused!

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
It just seems dumb, I would choose a character I like regardless of sexual orientation.
Why do you even care if people are happy about it? Smh. It's usually the people who aren't the minority that like to make a big deal against a person liking someone based on sexuality or race . If you don't care that's awsome but some people do ;). I applaud them because really I still think Cassie likes the clit :DOGE.

Why do you even care if people are happy about it? Smh. It's usually the people who aren't the minority that like to make a big deal against a person liking someone based on sexuality or race . If you don't care that's awsome but some people do ;)
I don't care if people are happy about it, that's fine lol but I just don't see the reasoning behind it. Good shit to NRS on making it discreet though

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Not when 75% of the cast is male <3
Absolutely valid point. I guess the difference from my standpoint is that they do not make the same conscious effort to reveal various aspects of male flesh as they do with female boobage. So perhaps less blatantly obvious distractions is a better of way of framing it.

Vagrant

Noob
I just think it's cool that they were subtle about it and didn't pander to people.

The fact that they just decided

"Hey we're gonna throw this in here and we're going to do it without it being a big PR thing or a 'hey look at us we support gay people! buy our shit!' thing."

They kept it super classy. Dudley would approve.

Props.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
I don't care if people are happy about it, that's fine lol but I just don't see the reasoning behind it. Good shit to NRS on making it discreet though
I don't know if I believe that why would you think it's dumb then ? a lot of the times when people say that stuff it's the whole he can be gay but just don't tell us which leads to "shoving it in our face ". Haha get it shoving it ? cause he likes penis :DOGE.

Why does there need to be a reason? A person just IS. There is no reason to be straight or gay or whatever else. You just are. Kung Jin just is. Like someone stated before, representation matters to a community. Straight people who are represented in literally everything will never understand what it means for LGBTQ people to see someone in a game who is like them.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
It seemed they were hinting at that. Cool to see it confirmed!

But I kinda thought/hoped him and Cassie might have a rivalmance thing going on for a minute.

Just to clarify to those who are wondering "who cares?" :

Fighting games NEVER have gay characters, so for gay players it's sort of a big deal. When fighters DO have gay characters, it's either incredibly obnoxious in-your-face gay or you're left to make your own assumptions, i.e Amane from Blazblue.

It's nice to have a character identify with and it's a nice acknowledgment to the gay community. The fact that it's very subtle and only a small part of his character makes it even better because, as you've stated, it "doesn't even matter" in terms of his skill set or gameplay :)

Why does there need to be a reason? A person just IS. There is no reason to be straight or gay or whatever else. You just are. Kung Jin just is. Like someone stated before, representation matters to a community. Straight people who are represented in literally everything will never understand what it means for LGBTQ people to see someone in a game who is like them.
How's Sociology 101 treating ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.