Kratos: The fighter that was never explored deeply like everyone else in the roster

Discussion in 'Kratos [PS3]' started by Alien Substance, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Alien Substance

Alien Substance Evanesce Staff Member Moderator

What I want to ask, is whenever MK9's tournament scene dies, will Kratos ever be given a thought? I mean, if the tourney scene dies, the reason he has been ignored all this time is eliminated.

Perhaps, when the tourney scene dies, someone will try looking into Kratos to extract that last bit of MK9. But then again, maybe his tourney-banned status will remain as a permanent stigma that will shoo away the people who examine, experiment, and develop the various fighters of MK9. Or perhaps, at that point, it will be too late, and there will be no point in trying Kratos.

Whatever path Kratos will go, I'm not sure if I'd like to have him remain as he is now, or have him be given more attention.
  2. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member

I just got a Vita yesterday and I am excited to finally be able to play as Kratos (360 MK player here)

Big God of War fan here as well.
  3. Alien Substance

This isn't thread-related.
    But it is cool that you are excited to play as Kratos! I must warn you though, he has a higher learning-curve than most fighters on the roster. Remember that he is mostly a defensive-style fighter, based on reads and such; gotta have a patient playstyle when using him.
  4. DragonPick

DragonPick I don't play Runescape

PSN:
    DragonPick
    Tourney banned characters usually get super explored near the end of a game's life (or official life at least) and I think the same will happen to Kratos. Hell, a few people still learn stuff about him all the time.
    Alien Substance likes this.
  5. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member

Sorry for the off-topic.

Why is Kratos banned from tournaments?
  6. Protagonist_1

Protagonist_1 Well-Known Member

I believe it's because he's only an exclusive character for ps3, if I'm correct.
  7. DragonPick

DragonPick I don't play Runescape

PSN:
    DragonPick
    He is a PS3 exclusive character, people playing on 360 wouldn't exactly have an easy time learning how to counter anything Kratos can dish out.
  8. Axel_Redd

Axel_Redd Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!

i'd like learning new kratos tech...but those pokes...soo horrible, cept for d4, which is still pretty slow.
  9. AREZ God of War

AREZ God of War The Crazy BeastMaster

Kratos is banned because he is stupid for thinking he killed Arez The God of War. LOL You can't kill a GOD.....wtf, man
    Alien Substance likes this.
  10. Alien Substance

Kratos did cause a huge upset there. But who is to say someone from MK cannot cause an upset against Kratos? I vote for either Stryker or Scorpion.