What's new

Guide - Blood God Kotal Kahn: Blood God Tutorial by ando1184

mattnin

Noob
I really like you're video Ando. What struck me right away was you're use of parry after the 114totem block string. I bet that'll catch a punish often and I can't wait to try it. I bet something like 1,1,4,totem,parry and maybe another ex-parry for bait.

Great video and commentary.

ando1184

Noob
I really like you're video Ando. What struck me right away was you're use of parry after the 114totem block string. I bet that'll catch a punish often and I can't wait to try it. I bet something like 1,1,4,totem,parry and maybe another ex-parry for bait.

Great video and commentary.
Thanks man, yeah I wanted to cover some of the things to better help make this variation work over just flashy combo stuff.

Yeah great video I didn't think of grab to extend the duration for blood totem to give the heal. Now I'm going to post some tech or stuff I found for mournful Kitana

ando1184

Noob
Hey guys, During the video I posted that the Obsidian totem gave a Damage Decrease of 34%. Well, unfortunately that was pre patch damage and the actual buff you get now is a 50% damage decrease. I'm sorry for the misinformation and just wanted to clear that up :)

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Thanks for taking the time to put this together and for updating the Obsidian totem info. You might also want to list his post-patch BNBs, one of which you do in the video, but hey, you're the one going out of your way to create a tutorial, while I'm just sitting on my ass typing, so that's your call.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Have there been any changes to Kotal Kahn's frame data since the latest patch? Because I can't get some of these combos and safe setups to work. Like getting Kotal's F1-2 string to connect and juggle the opponent after landing two F2 into D2.

Last edited:
So I figured I would just post these here since they would just get lost in the (basically just war god) combo thread, but these are my blood god bnb's hope they help people out.

Midscreen:
F1b2, crystal totem, b14, EX AA grab, f2, b1,4 AA grab. (46% 1 bar)
(Hard to do online)

F1b2, crystal totem, EX AA grab, f2, 21 AA grab. (40% 1 bar)
(Super easy online)

F2, f2, f2, b14, EX AA grab, b14, AA grab (43% 1 bar)

Corner:
F2, f2, f2, f1b2, close sun ray
(If timed properly sun ray will be directly on top of your opponent, but not on you)

A successful throw will guarantee you a free totem, useful in the corner to keep the pressure on

There really should be a combo thread for each variation.
Or at least just separate war god from sun and blood,(combo wise they are very similar). It's so annoying to trawl your way through the combo thread for blood god combos, especially since they are so few and far between :/

mattnin

Noob
An easy Blood/Sun God corner combo, it's not listed in the Kahnbo thread is
F34,ex df3, b12, exAirGrab, b12, AirGrab. Yea, it's two bars but it's high damage and easy online. I think it's 56% with crystal out.

An easy Blood/Sun God corner combo, it's not listed in the Kahnbo thread is
F34,ex df3, b12, exAirGrab, b12, AirGrab. Yea, it's two bars but it's high damage and easy online. I think it's 56% with crystal out.
59-60% with JPS.... but who's going to go for that extra 3%-4%?