What's new

General/Other - Sun God Kotal Kahn - A closer Look

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Variation Ability: Adds Sun God Choke, Soul Scourch.
  • Sun God Choke: Its a command grab in sync with his body tatoos (further explanation below)
  • Soul Scourch : Offer a Sacrifice to the sun in exchange of some health with the tattos glowing
Note: Kotal Kahn seems to be a grappler with self buff powers, in each variation he as a different mark color, and they will start to shine as he gets damage, when they're glowing to the max he can use specific moves.

Universal Moves: Chest Cutting, Projectile Shield, Palm Uppercut, Command grab (air only)

Visual Difference: His body tatto marks glows yellow

Universal Moves

Chest Cutting (Damage buff)

Kotal cuts off his chest and loses some health on the process, but increases his damage output temporary, any attack dealt to the opponent is also summed with aditional damage kotal took when he did cuts off his chest.

Palm Uppercut: Kotal performs a Palm Uppercut move that pops up opponents to start a combo juggle

Command Grab (air only): Kotal grabs opponents with both hands and slam them in the ground, the ex version allows for more juggles.

Projectile shield: Kotal Summons a shield empower it with fire and throws it

Variation Specific
Sun god Choke (level 1): Kotal performs a command grab, says his prayers and slams the opponent in the ground. (The yellow tatoo reaches level 2)

Every single time he performs this grab, his tatoos will powerup to the next level by becoming more visible, as result sun god choke will do more damage with every tatoo powerup.

Sun God Chocke (level 2): Kotal slams and performs a Hammer punch as aditional hit. (Marks becomes even more visible and reaches level 3)

Mark powerup in detail.

Sun God Choke (Level 3): Praise the sun :p

Soul Scorch: Sacrifices the mark and one bar of meter to re-gain some health by praising to the sun
Note: I think the ammount of health gain it depends of the level of the tatoos
lvl 1 10% lvl 2: 15% lvl 3: 25% (its not accurate, is just a guess)

X-Ray: Limelight (Whatever the fuck the name is, better be awesome)
Summons the sun light to light opponents on fire, stab them in the neck with the bone knife, snap their bone with the knife stuck, knee to the face (stay free Ferra/Torr) lol!

Personal Opinion: It took me a while to understand his special moves just by watch, but i gotta say his playstyle seems to be very well designed, i amount of awesomness this character brings on is off the charts, i'm surprised why is this not one of noobde's new favourite, all i can say is:

Hail Kotal:

"Praise the sun":DOGE
@Espio you can close this thread and send it to burn

Last edited:

Rodrigue

Spongerod
This character is so badass. And his damage percentage is ridiculous! If my memory serves me well, I think I saw a meterless combo for 47%

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Good job. Keep it coming. This char is so bad ass I gotta try him.
Blood god is a complex one, it seems he performs a blood ritual everytime he cuts his chest, i don't know exactly what his buffs do in particular, but it seems as the time passes, if you keep let him doing rituals you will run into a lot of trouble because its starts to increase his power (damage output becomes rediculous big)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
hmmm command grabs... stupid damage... a heal possibly? Looks completely Badass... well he could be in for a possible main. Next to sub zero and whoever else might pop up.

Good shit btw.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
This character is so badass. And his damage percentage is ridiculous! If my memory serves me well, I think I saw a meterless combo for 47%
don't get too happy .... most probably the damage scale will be toned down until the final version .... in MK9, when they released the demo, you could do it ridiculous amount of combo damage and when the game came out, when you tried to do the same combos strings sequences, step by step, you could see explicit the difference in the final damage after the end of combo sequence .... some with a 25-30% damage reduction.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
don't get too happy .... most probably the damage scale will be toned down until the final version .... in MK9, when they released the demo, you could do it ridiculous amount of combo damage and when the game came out, when you tried to do the same combos strings sequences, step by step, you could see explicit the difference in the final damage after the end of combo sequence .... some with a 25-30% damage reduction.
I'm sure we'd still find a way to maximize the damage. Think about pre patch and post patch kitana. She could still do a 48% meterless

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
his d2 looks ridiculous... :) like Jax ridiculous lol

also @Vito DeVito was showing us the other day a screen shot of one of Kotal Khan's projectiles where if u freeze it its has a sick looking skull face on it... The details on this char are facking insane...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I hate to be that guy, but still...

Everything here was already posted in the Kotal Kahn GD already, and even then I don't really understand the point of this thread when there aren't any closer looks actually being made. You also included a few things that aren't a part of the Sun God variation, and are just normal aspects of the character, which I don't understand.

Since it's here I might as well donate the GIFS that I already used in the KK GD.

I'm sure people would enjoy seeing them in motion as opposed to still frames so here you go:

---

Thread's full of all of this info, minus the guesstimations, and gifs of combos and the inter workings of all of the variations so far.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What does Kotal's special do that looks like a parry? He puts his arms out and yellow energy rings come out.
That parry isn't a part of the Sun God variation.

It's from Blood God and it allows him to create a beam of light that heals him and damages enemies when entered:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I hate to be that guy, but still...

Everything here was already posted in the Kotal Kahn GD already, and even then I don't really understand the point of this thread when there aren't any closer looks actually being made. You also included a few things that aren't a part of the Sun God variation, and are just normal aspects of the character, which I don't understand.

Since it's here I might as well donate the GIFS that I already used in the KK GD.

I'm sure people would enjoy seeing them in motion as opposed to still frames so here you go:

---

Thread's full of all of this info, minus the guesstimations, and gifs of combos and the inter workings of all of the variations so far.
If you're talking directly to me, then i advise you should tag me its easy just type @Eddy Wang, otherwise i would probably not going to notice this post

If you have already stated out all this before i'm sorry, i haven't seen it, and its kind of hard to look for info in parts of posts than on a single place.
Now i question this, what did i posted that is a normal aspect of the variation?