What's new

Konquest Mode or Cinematic Story: Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer? Konquest Mode or the new Cinematic story?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingShaz

In the Shadows
Just wanted to see how members feel about how the story mode is played.
You can vote then state why you prefer it if you'd like.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Good question! :)
Konquest in MKA was awesome imo. It's fun going around getting to know every character. And fighting big Shao khan was awesome as well. Konquest no contest tbh. It was amazing.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Speaking from the perspective of current gen hardware I have to go with cinematic story. The level of detail and depth expected in a Konquest mode nowadays would be substantional, and NRS would basically be creating a full fighting game as well as a full action/adventure game. I feel like that'd take up too many resources that I'd rather see used on the actual fighting engine.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
So here's where I wish they would take what worked in Deception and Armegeddon conquest, mix it with some of the good of Shaolin Monks (spelled badly probably), and make a genuine action/adventure game set in the MK Universe. Let the official game's story mode be cinematic, but give us a way to explore the MK verse outside of the battle dramas too.

Probably never going to happen, but I'd have no problem with them reusing the character models in the main game(s) for something like that. If they do it right they could use it to do a more epic set up for the next main game that came after it too, rather than as a side story that happened years ago (compared to the current game), or as a sort of half-cannon exploitation of the massive ur-cast who aren't even in the main game.

They could even have another studio do the work, and I think it would be fine. If DC can make a good comic to go along with MK for once, I'm positive there's a studio known for adventure games that could do a spin off title justice.

Bronson

Noob
So here's where I wish they would take what worked in Deception and Armegeddon conquest, mix it with some of the good of Shaolin Monks (spelled badly probably), and make a genuine action/adventure game set in the MK Universe. Let the official game's story mode be cinematic, but give us a way to explore the MK verse outside of the battle dramas too.

Probably never going to happen, but I'd have no problem with them reusing the character models in the main game(s) for something like that. If they do it right they could use it to do a more epic set up for the next main game that came after it too, rather than as a side story that happened years ago (compared to the current game), or as a sort of half-cannon exploitation of the massive ur-cast who aren't even in the main game.
Another Shaolin Monk style action/adventure/beat-em-up style game done in a last generation's graphics engine. Similar to the remake of TMNT: Turtles in Time. Hell do it in MK9 graphics and i will play the shit out of that game!

I loved MKD's konquest, I thought it was pretty great honestly and I really enjoyed exploring the realms. I think it would work better as its own seperate game, instead of trying to tie in with the main fighting game.

it also gave us this gem

Also Motor Kombat was fucking horrible lol

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I prefer story if I have to choose. But, ultimately I'd like for both to be in the game. =) Maximize the funz

back when i was more into rpgs, konquest mode. now id find that too time-consuming, i wanna get into the MP Action as quick as possible.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I think I'm the only person whose favourite 'story' mode was the MKDA Konquest

Alec

Noob
When you Say Konquest, you mean Deadly Alliance? Deception? Or Armaggeddon? I'll just assume you meant Deception and vote Konquest, but the cinematic story is Ok I guess.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
You given me a bad taste OP

i\you remind me when i was convinced MKX was gonna have an Online Conquest Themed Lobby. sigh

I love NRS made a full blown MK RPG Game, with Shaolin Monks inspired combat be sick

Kokoko

Somehow
For MK series of fighting games is more suitable cinematic history. A Conquest mode - as a single game in the MK universe.

Alec

Noob
Konquest mode as in Deception, DA, and Armageddon @Alec.
I understood @KingShaz. What I meant is, I don't like the Konquest modes of Deadly Alliance or Armaggeddon (for different reasons), thus, I asked which Konquest? Because I would prefer the Deception version over the cinematic story, but not the MKDA or MKA ones.