What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 38 with AK/EMPR Saltface

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
This week on KTP we are joined by the undisputed "Harley Quinn of the World" @AK SaltFace. We recount the huge KIT tournament and his placing 3rd at the event. Also we get in depth on his character and what drew him to her. Plus a heated debate discussing the X-men feature films that you don't want to miss. Enjoy this episode of the Kombat Tomb Podcast. AND coming soon - you asked for it, our second movie commentary track featuring...MK: Annihilation.

Mp3 version: http://kiwi6.com/file/wbld7hednb
or http://www.2shared.com/audio/UeLmo79Y/KTP_-_Episode_38.html

If you enjoy our podcast and would like to support it, pick up our new shirt AVAILABLE HERE and rep KTP at a tourney!

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kombattomb
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kombattomb
Mp3 Archives: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast2013
Older shows: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast

Attachments

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
X3 truly did fucking suck, wolverine killing dark phoenix by walking up to her and stabbing her was beyond terrible, same with the new wolverine movie, all the samurai shit was cringe-worthy. First Class was clearly the best movie, it might not have had the most consistency but it had the best action scenes and character building.

Second Transformer's is the best, with the first one right behind.

And Shoutouts to toad.

The Highlander

There can be only one
First class wasn't a bill. I'll give you that it has it's plot holes but we can assume Charles and Eric hung out for more than a few weeks. Besides it may have been made as an apology for origins but it was cool getting a better idea of Charles and Eric''s early life, if anything it's worth it to see Magneto go apeshit on the Nazi's in the bar while that awesome score plays.

Last edited:

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
The KTP song, or a song made by the guys who the song, should be the background song in a highlight video reel. That song playing at evo would be hype.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Good to see most people have enough sense to see First Class isn't a bad movie and is actually one of the better ones unlike some people I know.

To me X2 is the best. Great action, great story. First Class is 2nd best, then X1 then X3.

16 Bit I demand an apology.
first class was my favorite hands down, the rise of magneto was just way too awesome. The satellite movement scene was iconic."True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity"

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
X1, X2, First Class, and Origins are all good. The other ones are okay. Honestly, who cares if they make sense or not. I go to watch X-Men movies because its the X-Men. It's the same with any comic book movie for me.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
X3 truly did fucking suck, wolverine killing dark phoenix by walking up to her and stabbing her was beyond terrible, same with the new wolverine movie, all the samurai shit was cringe-worthy. First Class was clearly the best movie, it might not have had the most consistency but it had the best action scenes and character building.

Second Transformer's is the best, with the first one right behind.

And Shoutouts to toad.

I think I just got a mini seizure from this post.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Plus a heated debate discussing the X-men feature films
No, the debate in the car was heated. The version on the podcast is not even a tepid debate in comparison.

First Class has the best showing of Magneto's powers but the whole being friends for like 20 minutes kills it.

X1 is really good starter but the end could have been done better. Rogue in danger is good drama but that stupid white blob special effect is so lame looking. The machine also just consists of a platform and handles.

X2 has the best ending. People like this Jean Grey sacrificing herself to save the group. She even stops Nighcrawler from using his powers, how awesome is that?

X3 weakest of the original trilogy but I loved Wolverine being the only one that could stop Phoenix. Everyone would die before getting to her, only he could survive it.

Wolverine Origins. The idea of him losing his memory to the bullets is super awesome. Gambit would have been better played by Justin Beiber that guy was so bad. That movie sucks, fuck that movie.

Still haven't seen The Wolverine so no comment on that.

Also was glad to hear from Saltface, he really made a fan of me with his playstyle at KIT.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
OK. I will bite. As the x men series goes on it has gotten worse. To a point where none of it makes sense and they have these mutants added in like extras with no thought. Hardly anyone can really remember the optional mutants in first class. Honestly, first class has only magneto to make it bearable and could only be because of fassbender. He is quality. Real talk. They should scrap this new film and just do a day 1 reboot. Its that simple. Its all anyone wants.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It is, Transformer movies are all about action. No one wants to watch a movie with giant robots fighting each other that has a plot, it would detract from the experience.
Except that the original Transformers series actually had a plot along with the action :/

P.S. First Class is the best by far, no debate :p

I'll probably be banned for this post, but I enjoyed the X-Men Evolution cartoon more than the original.
Any last words?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
OK. I will bite. As the x men series goes on it has gotten worse. To a point where none of it makes sense and they have these mutants added in like extras with no thought. Hardly anyone can really remember the optional mutants in first class. Honestly, first class has only magneto to make it bearable and could only be because of fassbender. He is quality. Real talk. They should scrap this new film and just do a day 1 reboot. Its that simple. Its all anyone wants.
First class actually made me care about Mistique, and magneto is a tragic anti-hero. The movie made you realize both Charles and Magnetos stances were correct and it's merely perspective that sets them apart. It explains why the war is continuous and how it will probably never truly end.

Also, that coin scene.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
First class actually made me care about Mistique, and magneto is a tragic anti-hero. The movie made you realize both Charles and Magnetos stances were correct and it's merely perspective that sets them apart. It explains why the war is continuous and how it will probably never truly end.

Also, that coin scene.
That's cool and all. And the magneto parts were good but it never felt a complete story to me. Just my 2 cents. Its also a shame that the wolverine films were barely watchable.