What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 36 with GGA Tommy Wafflez

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
"Kuuuunnggg Laaaaooooo"...................................
"YOU IDIOT!"

Pahahahahhahahhahhhhhhahhahahaha. God damn. Everyone at work has no idea why I burst out laughing, and I give no fucks. That was awesome.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Water is actually heavier than ice because it's more dense. A gallon of ice weight slightly less than a gallon of water.

Zod is top 5!

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Great show, thanks for the props :D. @GGA 16 Bit is much more reasonable on this show than he is in person.

I truly don't think Sinestro is top 5 but he is still really good. I will always use him no matter what. As for the question of whether it's me or the character, I just think we complement each other well. Sinestro suits my strengths, as did Shang. The main difference is that Sinestro is a much better character and I have improved as a player.

As for you Sinestro haters, he is awesome and you can hold this:

F4tal

Noob
Dark Souls is the best game of the last generation.

i'm going to be soooo disappointed if its not even talked about
No way man lol the best game of the last generation has to be either The Last of Us or Metal Gear Solid 4.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
My top 5 in no order:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Gears of War 1
Dark Souls
Uncharted 2

I made sure to include something from every system.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Also @GGA 16 Bit. I agree, Chapter 3 in Gears of War is probably one of the best levels I've played in a shooter. The atmosphere of the rainy area and the factory inside is just amazing. Also, I believe it is Chapter 2, but the level where you have to navigate through the city at night and avoid the Krill. That level is tight.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I love Gears but tbh the first games campaign seemed the weakest to me. Gears 2 and 3 had way more variety and showed what the engine could do. Gears 1 multiplayer is still to this day what GoW multiplayer is all about. Best maps, no stopping power, power shotguns, best wall bouncing.

Judgement does not exist to me.

LEGEND

YES!
No way man lol the best game of the last generation has to be either The Last of Us or Metal Gear Solid 4.
Last of us is simply amazing, im not going to deny that. But thats a game that you only really play through once, and the story is relatively shallow in comparison to a Souls game

The amount of feels that Dark Souls lore/story provokes has no equal. Its awesome

F4tal

Noob
Last of us is simply amazing, im not going to deny that. But thats a game that you only really play through once, and the story is relatively shallow in comparison to a Souls game

The amount of feels that Dark Souls lore/story provokes has no equal. Its awesome
Haha true I haven't played Dark Souls yet just wanted to give my opinion but I haven't heard anything but good thing about the game and I am thinking about picking it up since everyone has said nothing but good things about the game.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Great show, thanks for the props :D. @GGA 16 Bit is much more reasonable on this show than he is in person.

I truly don't think Sinestro is top 5 but he is still really good. I will always use him no matter what. As for the question of whether it's me or the character, I just think we complement each other well. Sinestro suits my strengths, as did Shang. The main difference is that Sinestro is a much better character and I have improved as a player.

As for you Sinestro haters, he is awesome and you can hold this:

Sinestro only looks good in the helmet.

Kevlang

Noob
Sinestro only looks good in the helmet.
Sinestro never looks good. He looks like a creepy pedophile stereotype you see in most movies or tv shows. Sinestro needs to be redesigned to not look like a pedophile... Lose the pencil mustache, and thicken him up. He's looks like the #2 Pencil you need for those bubble answer sheets.

Somebody will probably point out that his entire race looks like that, but I don't really care... Get rid of the pedophile look for everyone then...Unless they're in the sex offender registry.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Sinestro never looks good. He looks like a creepy pedophile stereotype you see in most movies or tv shows. Sinestro needs to be redesigned to not look like a pedophile... Lose the pencil mustache, and thicken him up. He's looks like the #2 Pencil you need for those bubble answer sheets.

Somebody will probably point out that his entire race looks like that, but I don't really care... Get rid of the pedophile look for everyone then...Unless they're in the sex offender registry.
I made that post because Wound hates the helmet.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Because people need to have watched this at least some point in their lives. Fuck I feel old, who doesn't know about Dre and Snoop's The Chronic?

EDIT: Honorable Mention -

Last edited:

EGGXI

Scary Bat
@K7L33THA props for Unreal Tournament talk again. I like "It's the MK of shooters", it's so true that they had to have MK characters in the damn game!

We need Championship 3 or Tournament 4 soon, but it sounds like Epic is working on other stuff.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Definitely one of the better KTP podcasts.

Also strong lack of Battlefield Bad Company 2, that game is definitely one of the best games of this generation.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I love Gears but tbh the first games campaign seemed the weakest to me. Gears 2 and 3 had way more variety and showed what the engine could do. Gears 1 multiplayer is still to this day what GoW multiplayer is all about. Best maps, no stopping power, power shotguns, best wall bouncing.

Judgement does not exist to me.
You are fucking mad if you think gears 1 had the best wallbouncing, all the top players agree that the wallbouncing(and 5v5) was the reason why gears 2 was even played, the wallbouncing was like butter in that game.

But for alot of other things, gears 1 is still the best. Like Movement speed, shotgun, atmosphere, maps, etc.

Hades

Noob
Bio shock 1 was definitely one of the best games of the 360 and ps3 generation. I mean that game was was absolutely amazing aesthetically for a game that came out so early in the consoles life, the gameplay was unbelievable and The dark and eerie atmosphere of big daddy's with little sisters and psycho junkies trying to kill you was fucking awesome. Also the storyline was really good and the gadgets you used were awesome. I don't remember hearing you guys mention bio shock but in my opinion it redefined the games that came later on in that generation.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Bio shock 1 was definitely one of the best games of the 360 and ps3 generation. I mean that game was was absolutely amazing aesthetically for a game that came out so early in the consoles life, the gameplay was unbelievable and The dark and eerie atmosphere of big daddy's with little sisters and psycho junkies trying to kill you was fucking awesome. Also the storyline was really good and the gadgets you used were awesome. I don't remember hearing you guys mention bio shock but in my opinion it redefined the games that came later on in that generation.
Would you kindly...keep dropping knowledge bombs!

coolwhip

Noob
10 minutes into the favorite games discussion and I was about to punch someone for not bringing up Red Dead Redemption. Then 16 Bit makes my day. God I get emotional just thinking about that game. Rockstar are awesome, let's not kid ourselves. GTA V was incredible, and definitely had the best level designs.

Love the Uncharted trilogy, every Assassin's Creed game except for AC III which was kinda blah, and the Batman Arkham Trilogy (Arkham City was the best IMO).

I'm not a huge fan of shooters but Modern Warfare was fucking revolutionary.

Underrated games: Dishonored.

Also, @GGA 16 Bit you need to play The Last of Us if you haven't already. It sounds like it's right up your alley. Incredible. Would have been game of the year if it wasn't for GTA V.

Slips narrating his favorite moments in some video games and getting hype just talking about it was hilarious.

coolwhip

Noob
OMG! I just got to the name game part....

KUUUUUUNG LAO!

Jesus Christ that was incredible. I always wondered whether Tommy's reputation was deserved... He was an awesome guest though.