What's new

Kombat Pack 3 Discussion Thread

Either Rain or Fujin
Either Sareena or Sindel
Injustice guest (most likely either Grundy or Superman)
Either Michael Myers or Terminator

I do believe KP3 will be injustice 2, i sincerly doubt they would put out xl if there was more dlc to come (prove me wrong boon...)
See, I think the opposite. I doubt they would put this much time and money into reinventing the game only to kill it by releasing a new one right after. They clearly want this game to compete with SFV, and since SFV has at least 6 characters coming up that means that they'll need to add more content to keep interest.

They could've simply made XL an ultimate edition, but completely revamping the netcode AND adding a ton of complex buffs/nerfs including adding completely new strings to some characters is a significant investment. Cutting support to PC (while a massive dick move) shows that they are focusing on XB1/PS4 for a reason. You don't make an investment like that if you don't expect to see a return, especially if your main competition just got released.

See, I think the opposite. I doubt they would put this much time and money into reinventing the game only to kill it by releasing a new one right after. They clearly want this game to compete with SFV, and since SFV has at least 6 characters coming up that means that they'll need to add more content to keep interest.

They could've simply made XL an ultimate edition, but completely revamping the netcode AND adding a ton of complex buffs/nerfs including adding completely new strings to some characters is a significant investment. Cutting support to PC (while a massive dick move) shows that they are focusing on XB1/PS4 for a reason. You don't make an investment like that if you don't expect to see a return, especially if your main competition just got released.
If they wanted to compete with SFV long term, why would they release all 4 dlc characters at once? Why not stagger to compete with SFV staggered dlc release?

You are right, they wouldn't make such an investement if they don't want to see a return. The return is selling xl, end of the line.

I find it hard to believe they'd put another hard copy through production/marketing etc if they plan to add major new content afterwards. MK9 had 4 dlc characters, injustice had 6, mkx has 8, unlikely they'll put out more (boon please prove me wrong)

Last edited:

ErMac333

Noob
Did anyone see the "Who's Next?" Tower set? Strangely it's totally separate from the other towers set, even though it's probably explained by being DLC kontent, anyone think it could imply something more when it comes to DLC kharacters?

It's probably harder to extract the arts for this set since it's not on PC, so we'll have to wait to find out.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
While it is true that MK is story driven game and they would want to save some characters for next game but that does not excuse them from giving us costumes people have been asking. Games like dead or alive have tons of shitty costume DLC, I have no idea why don't give us deception costumes people have been asking for.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
doubtful of a kp3 but I still would have preferred V from V for Vendetta over Leatherface, the movie was even a WB film. Getting Hugo Weaving to do voice acting for a video game might be tricky though.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I can't imagine them doing another kombat pack over the next game in the series at this point, but I could be wrong.

Yak

Noob
There won't be another kp, injustice 2 will be their priority now. Unless if they had huge sales from this last one that makes them want to try and make a 3rd one which I highly doubt but definitely would want. Definitely wouldn't mind more dlc costumes at least.

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
Given boons recent Twitter activity im not totally giving up hope on kp3, or at least maybe 2 more characters i.e. Injustice. Noob is referenced multiple times in the newer intros, and rain is fighting in the background of the pit. They've got to be hints...right!? RIGHT!?:rolleyes:

Matix218

Get over here!
I don't see a kp3 happening. Since XL is supposed to be the "complete edition" I would be very surprised if they release any more paid dlc. I just bought xl for $60 (I had waited on buying kp1 or any of the paid costume packs so when xl came out I just bought that, plus I like owning the physical copy of all versions of every mk) and I would be kind of annoyed if they charged for any more characters at this point. Maybe a story mode pack with playable rain, sindel, etc (but at no charge) but I doubt that will happen also

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
doubtful of a kp3 but I still would have preferred V from V for Vendetta over Leatherface, the movie was even a WB film. Getting Hugo Weaving to do voice acting for a video game might be tricky though.
V for Vendetta is not only a WB movie, its complete in house production. V is owned by vertigo comics which is owned by DC comics. All Ed boon has to do is ask the higher ups of Dc comics and give 1% cut to creators of V, I doubt Jim lee, Geoff and Dan are going to say no to him.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Injustice 2 is probably going to be released next year in April, there is no reason why they can't do one more Kombat pack at the end of this year.