What's new

Kombat Kast This Wednesday Nov. 8, 1 PM ET With Omni-Man and Tremor

Everybody is saying season 2 of invations/kombat league starts tomorrow (nov 9th), but Derek said I think before game had launched that there is a week cooldown, we will have no current season and I think the practice and towers mesas only... do you guys actually saw any confirmation?

Everybody is saying season 2 of invations/kombat league starts tomorrow (nov 9th), but Derek said I think before game had launched that there is a week cooldown, we will have no current season and I think the practice and towers mesas only... do you guys actually saw any confirmation?
Tomorrow is early access for Omni-Man and Tremor. The next Season of Invasions and Kombat League will start a week later, as far as I know.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
youtuber press release

Omni man looks great. I'm just back to, if he can do all of this, why do we have some characters who feel like they have their hands tied behind their back with all these safety features on their moves. Really don't want another Mk11 where it feels like half the cast is just playing a different game.

I want his stance to be as badass as it looks, but other characters need similar tools if you want to keep it remotely level.

Termor looks interesting. I love that he swaps variation mid match. If they don' want to be in another kung lao scenario though they're going to need to buff some of the rest.

God just do the right thing NRS. Buff us some low tiers.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
A little off topic, but the game has already sold 3 million copies according to WB Discovery president David Zaslav, which is more than I expected. And they will probably support it for a longer timespan (3/4 years).

Immortal

Blind justice....
Seems like a low number for MK game considering you make the most at the start. Also CO would never publicly say its below expectations.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Seems like a low number for MK game considering you make the most at the start. Also CO would never publicly say its below expectations.
3 million in 2 months for a fighting game is absolutely huge. Street Fighter 6 just hit 2.5 million after being out since June.

Also, Mortal Kombat titles sell well over time. For example, Mortal Kombat 11 had sold 12 million copies by July 2021, but 15 million by July 2022, meaning that it sold 3 million copies in a single year 3 years after release.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Mortal Kombat almost always outsold Street Fighter by a wide margin, so thats nothing really new or worth anything imo.

3 millions in 2 months seems like a way weaker start than it was with MK11. Also for obvious reasons sales at the start matter the most. Later sale numbers which look nice on papper bring way less money since they're often discounted by a lot. Also checked sales on PC, since it's easy to do with pretty accurate data - almost 40% less copies sold of MK1 vs MK11 in first 2 months.

Anyway, i'm not arguing with you, you have a lets call it an optimistic look at MK1/NRS/WB, me - less so.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Mortal Kombat almost always outsold Street Fighter by a wide margin, so thats nothing really new or worth anything imo.

3 millions in 2 months seems like a way weaker start than it was with MK11. Also for obvious reasons sales at the start matter the most. Later sale numbers which look nice on papper bring way less money since they're often discounted by a lot. Also checked sales on PC, since it's easy to do with pretty accurate data - almost 40% less copies sold of MK1 vs MK11 in first 2 months.

Anyway, i'm not arguing with you, you have a lets call it an optimistic look at MK1/NRS/WB, me - less so.
Not really about being optimistic or pessimistic here, just factual.

MK11 was at 1.8 million after one month, which means they were probably around the same level of sales at the two month mark.

What makes this more impressive is that about half the number of people have current-gen consoles as had PS4/XB1 at MK11's release. So these are good numbers by any measure.

Immortal

Blind justice....
MK11 was at 1.8 million after one month, which means they were probably around the same level of sales at the two month mark.
That's your assumption, it's not really based on anything, since they didn't publish the data for MK11 after 2 months but it goes both ways so ok. They did however for later years which was 8, 10 and 15 millions copies sold. We will see where MK1 ends up in comparison.

On the other hand the data from PC version of the game is factual and MK1 is doing much worse than MK11 in the same time period.

Last edited: