What's new

Kombat Houston - 24-hour Injustice Stream

Is this something you would be interested to watch?

• Total voters

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Kombat Houston logo.jpg

So with the the growing number of Houston players making it out to casuals for MK9, we have really grown into a good scene all around and with many of us jumping over to Injustice once it is released upon us, I had a couple of ideas to hype the game and scene up.

The Houston scene has grown substantially. From only being 2 of us (me and Devil Jim, as well as prospic for the most part ) back in EVO 2011 days. And growing right after with strong players such as Showtime , FCP/EMP SCAR , KH StarCharger , @Shanxter , KH Royale , @KH King David, KH_Seraph , Matt, @captainJFA , etc.

As well as new players who have just joined us...such as Digit , Courtney, And Javon.

With the players we have now, I believe Kombat Houston will be a dominate force once Injustice drops in the tournament scene.

First is doing a 24-hour stream of the game! All day casuals with all the Kombat Houston players present (around 15 players for sure). This will get people to view some nice competitive gameplay of the game, as well as see a various number of characters, new playstyles, and set-ups since the game will be new.

I was considering doing this on release date...but for a few reasons, I've decided to make it for a later date.

Since we already have Kombat Network's Injustice For All stream event. as well as the tournament that weekend, I would rather everyone get together and watch one stream.

Another reason is that the game will be very new to everyone and there's no point of people watching us learning moves and combos and getting a feel for the game when they too will be doing the same thing on the release date.

So with this in mind, I'm looking at a date some time after the release (maybe 2 weeks to give us all time to learn things about our characters).

The date will be posted as we come closer to release date so we can all plan a day to make it happen and take care of work schedule , school , etc.

I would also like to invite players from around the Texas area to come down and participate with us. This includes the Dallas crew, San Antonio crew, even the Louisiana crew...and of course get GamerBlake90 to come down as well and play, level up, and even commentate with us.

Other ideas are also in the air, but we will wait till a time closer to the release date to announce them. This may include giving away prizes (Injustice copies, shirts, posters, etc.) to viewers and even a sort of grand prize towards the end of the stream.

Also maybe a free Injustice tournament from the players in attendance in order to add some hype overall.

Naturally, the stream will be on the Kombat Houston twitch page @ www.twitch.tv/KombatHouston

So make sure to follow us there as well as my Twitter on www.twitter.com/kombathouston for all updates as they come!

Let me know in the comments below if this sounds like a good idea. Suggestions and concerns are also welcome.

Cat

We gotta work something out so I can get down to Houston again, I miss you guys. :(

This shit's gonna rock! :)
Will definitely work something out to get you down here! We can also train up on mk9 to prepare for Evo 2013!

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
With this much notice, there's no reason the SA guys shouldn't be there.

EDIT: Odinson beat me to the post, lol.

Cat

That shit will be hype.

Lets do this on its release, that way I have a chance of beating you guys lol jk
Lol. Our fundamentals and spacing won't go nowhere :p. but I rather us all have some time to learn our characters. No one wants to see some button mashing. Lol

I'm pretty sure you can get the game probably at the best toward the end of March if you really looked hard. If anything the first week of April.

Reactions: Cat

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I don't know anything about Blue Beetle, but if there's a blue, then there must be a RED!
Ironically, I think there's a Green Beetle now. And lol at changing scarab into scrub. If Blue Beetle ends up being a good troll character, there is serious meme potential there (though I don't think anything will beat "Mr. Rape-N-Watch" from Smash Bros Melee).

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Ironically, I think there's a Green Beetle now. And lol at changing scarab into scrub. If Blue Beetle ends up being a good troll character, there is serious meme potential there (though I don't think anything will beat "Mr. Rape-N-Watch" from Smash Bros Melee).
lol... I already knew that! I've seen Beetle Borgs!

(Thought it would slip by you lol.)

Cat

I'm pretty sure you can get the game probably at the best toward the end of March if you really looked hard. If anything the first week of April.
I'll definitely try and get it early. But at most I'm sure it will be like the Friday before.

And see you San Antonio guys there then! Hope you guys are ready for my joker!

Sounds like fun, but I don't think I'll be there, I'll still be here gearing up for my finals as well as my summer internship.

Lol. Our fundamentals and spacing won't go nowhere :p. but I rather us all have some time to learn our characters. No one wants to see some button mashing. Lol
You don't have fundamentals sir, you had kabal... there's a major difference :p

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
I said yes because I love the idea, but I probably wont be watching it since I'll be working crazy hard the moment it comes out.

Cat

Sounds like fun, but I don't think I'll be there, I'll still be here gearing up for my finals as well as my summer internship.

You don't have fundamentals sir, you had kabal... there's a major difference :p
Says the guy who mashes d1 when negative. Lol.

When does your classes end??
I was thinking of probably doing it towards beginning of may. Finals would be over for me and it gives us all a chance to learn the game for a bit.