What's new

Kombat Codes & Toasty Boosts Returns or not ?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hey guys,

Since I feel MK10's breath on My back more questions starts to pop up while waiting masters of MIDWAY Powerfully standing Netherrealm Studio crew to deliver the Art work of Mortal Kombat.

Questions ?

What about the "No Blood and Explosive Kombat Mode ?", Holly shit...what the fuck about the "Toooasty! Swag dropping jaw" effects....O_0 ?.?.?

What Do You guys think!, guess, expect ?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I hope for a kombat kode that enable fatalities and disable the blood at the same time. Toasty boosts were too random but seemed fun.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kombat Kodes, not this time around so it seems, and i hope to stay that way. Toasty Boost, maybe?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Posting in monthly "combat codes" thread.

Monthly IMO: this in not 1991. We don't need combat codes when we can have proper options and game modes. Non-mutually exclusive settings (think "no blood" and "no foreground objects" in MK9) should not become mutually exclusive because of moronic way to handle these options. Likewise, options that only affect visual parts of the game should be available separately for every player in online play, there's no reason to force their uniformity.

Toasty boost? IDC.

That's it, 5 more identical posts to go 'till the game is released.
But seriously, why do you people hate using search function?

BRUTALITY

Banned
Posting in monthly "combat codes" thread.

Monthly IMO: this in not 1991. We don't need combat codes when we can have proper options and game modes. Non-mutually exclusive settings (think "no blood" and "no foreground objects" in MK9) should not become mutually exclusive because of moronic way to handle these options. Likewise, options that only affect visual parts of the game should be available separately for every player in online play, there's no reason to force their uniformity.

Toasty boost? IDC.

That's it, 5 more identical posts to go 'till the game is released.
But seriously, why do you people hate using search function?
i just dont think people care as much or have as much time as you.

also they didnt "need" the codes in 91, but they were there.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
i just dont think people care as much or have as much time as you.
Using search function actually saves time if you compare it to creating new thread. People are just afraid of things that they aren't accustomed to, that's all really.

also they didnt "need" the codes in 91, but they were there.
They can make codes again, but chances are whatever you can make available through codes is more convenient to access through simple options with the added benefit of not having to choose only one of those options, but mix and match them as you wish, and another one of not requiring both players to use the same when it's not necessary. So why do we need those codes again?

BRUTALITY

Banned
Using search function actually saves time if you compare it to creating new thread. People are just afraid of things that they aren't accustomed to, that's all really.

They can make codes again, but chances are whatever you can make available through codes is more convenient to access through simple options with the added benefit of not having to choose only one of those options, but mix and match them as you wish, and another one of not requiring both players to use the same when it's not necessary. So why do we need those codes again?
we dont need codes. but it is a feature of mortal kombat. believe it or not there are millions of people who havent played mortal kombat. those people remember the kombat kodes fondly like we do for the old days. back then, discovering kodes was exciting and secretive. people young and old are yet to have their first experience with kodes.

anyway i can live with or without them

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
we dont need codes. but it is a feature of mortal kombat. believe it or not there are millions of people who havent played mortal kombat. those people remember the kombat kodes fondly like we do for the old days. back then, discovering kodes was exciting and secretive. people young and old are yet to have their first experience with kodes.

It's a good question whether the gamer today is the same it used to be before. Market kinda changed, access to information is much more widespread than it used to be 20 years ago, I'm not sure if appeak of codes will work.

I mean, when MK1 dropped, even specials, fatalities and whatnot were easter eggs of sort, I doubt that many people would appreciate something like that these days. It's somewhat like that with kodes for misc stuff IMO.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Man, Kombat Kodes were literally in only 3 MK games, the third of which basically included them for nostalgia's sake.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
They're fine, but unnecessary. The most use any of the Kombat Kodes got in MK9 was usually the "no blood" code and that was only to improve the online and keep matches moving faster.

I wouldn't hold my breathe for either, I just don't see it happening with this dark theme they are holding this time around, having Dan forden pop out on the side of the screen in MKX just doesn't feel right to me, I'm sure they have some new innovative features in place that they plan on including this time around, kombat codes and toasty was fun for many years but let it die with MK9

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Come to think of it, its hard to imagine Dan forden popin' out in mk10 lol.

This way or another I think MK10 will be nothing like previous MK games and little things like that wont be really missed once we get our hands on it. However if a feature like Toasty Boost could be modified and somehow implemented into the game it could be a nice add on. Or perhaps a AGGRESSOR....

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Come to think of it, its hard to imagine Dan forden popin' out in mk10 lol.

This way or another I think MK10 will be nothing like previous MK games and little things like that wont be really missed once we get our hands on it.
Aesthetically, this is almost MKD, part II. So I think you're right. Toasty, Kombat Kodes, etc. aren't part of the direction of this game.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
I really hope for a way to turn off fatalities. Idc about zombies or uppercut infinites.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Man, Kombat Kodes were literally in only 3 MK games, the third of which basically included them for nostalgia's sake.
Mortal kombat 2 had a kombat code in the vs screen. Both players hold down and hp to disable throws. I always said that's where the idea started and was added to mk3/umk, mk4 and mk9.
I do believe toggles or switches will be better imo.

Toasty is random but I say add it i don't know about a toasty boost though wad to random imo...

If kombat kodes aren't in it, I'd like to see at least some other customization option.

I'd like to be able to customize a match with any previous test your luck setting that was in MK9.

Also I think we should make Test Your Luck the tournament standard match setting... Just throwing that out there...