What's new

Question Knockdown and b, 2(charge)?

I was wondering if it was possible to do an interrupt-able nj1/2, dash, b, 2(charge as a combo set-up if anyone knows? Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's possible to b2 charge after a ground freeze. The timing is very strict, but possible (for maximizing damage purposes), such as b1,2,freeze (or 2,2,freeze) [insert correct timing here] b2 charge,f.dash,b1,2,2,1,2,slide. Makes for a nice amount of damage.

edit: This is pretty much going to work if u predict a block after a flat freeze.

I was playing around with B2 last night in training mode after some games and thinking about some mix ups from dash cancelling it. Going for the damage seems to make more sense, but I found out that from a forward dash cancel out of this move, if you press and hold block mid dash and hold forward Sub will still move forward once the dash animation is done. What I'd appreciate someone testing (I won't be on for a few days now), is does doing this mean that you can walk forward and should your opponent attack (projectile for example) does the block automatically kick in because you have the button held while you can still move forward (which of course should not happen). My guess is the block is not active as the forward dash out of B2 does not seem to allow buffering of anything, but maybe it's glitched and you get to walk forward with an active block? By the way if you let go of forward, Sub will go into block animation immediately. I'm just thinking it could be useful where you have to bulldog an opponent (Noob, Ermac...etc) and right now the game does not allow for walking around while blocking.

kisan

Noob
I was playing around with B2 last night in training mode after some games and thinking about some mix ups from dash cancelling it. Going for the damage seems to make more sense, but I found out that from a forward dash cancel out of this move, if you press and hold block mid dash and hold forward Sub will still move forward once the dash animation is done. What I'd appreciate someone testing (I won't be on for a few days now), is does doing this mean that you can walk forward and should your opponent attack (projectile for example) does the block automatically kick in because you have the button held while you can still move forward (which of course should not happen). My guess is the block is not active as the forward dash out of B2 does not seem to allow buffering of anything, but maybe it's glitched and you get to walk forward with an active block? By the way if you let go of forward, Sub will go into block animation immediately. I'm just thinking it could be useful where you have to bulldog an opponent (Noob, Ermac...etc) and right now the game does not allow for walking around while blocking.
this is a glitch. if you cancel the b2 with dash, you're unable to cancel the dash with block and if you hold forward or down after the dash you will be unable to block at all until you go backwards/neutral or attack

so if you try to do a charge b2 to bait a wake up attack and then dash cancel crouch block, you're going to get hit because it won't let you block.

low_kix

Noob
The sneakiest move with b+2 is double freezing. If you hit them with a fully charged b+2 as they become unfrozen they will be frozen again unless the make no attempt to block attack or jump

"I am vengeance, I am the night..."