What's new

Question - Kano knife toss pressure

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I don't know if this is v but you can meter burn knife toss and you will be plus(on block) to continue pressure. Normally ex toss is +10 (says frame data) except for cybernetic variation (+6). Commando could do a tick throw, cut throat could most likely get a 50/50 off of it, and cyber would be more pressure and most likely amour breaking. The only down side is that normally the first knife is a high, so can be ducked and poked out of. Also, (haven't tested it) most likely get armored through it. While in cyber it should break armor and can be followed up with 112. Just some things to think about when trying to open up your opponent or get some extra chip. I also apologize for how sloppy my post is. I've just been playing for so long haha. I'll fix it after some sleep.

NKZero

Noob
I don't know Kano strings but perhaps you can condition them to block high, then get into a string end with EX knife toss and continue pressure that way. So do a stagger string that ends in overhead but don't do the overhead, and get the opponent stand blocking. As far as I know, JIP doesn't jail anymore right?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I think someone said that slice special in Cutthroat is +10 when burned and doesn't suffer from being high. Also less thinking about hitconfirming since it launches apparently. Can you confirm?

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I don't know Kano strings but perhaps you can condition them to block high, then get into a string end with EX knife toss and continue pressure that way. So do a stagger string that ends in overhead but don't do the overhead, and get the opponent stand blocking. As far as I know, JIP doesn't jail anymore right?
He doesn't have any overhead string except for cutthroat and its an opener, he has a string that ends low and that's it. And all his string are safe,

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I think someone said that slice special in Cutthroat is +10 when burned and doesn't suffer from being high. Also less thinking about hitconfirming since it launches apparently. Can you confirm?
I will double check, last night when I ex it, the first knife came out high and the 2nd mid, but he throws 1 right after the other. I'll see if it launches, I was only doing this on block cause he lacks overhead options(save for cutthroat).

Obmil

When is Kano trident rush?!
Waist a bar for the CHANCE of getting a mix up... yup kano confirmed top tier :DOGE

smile

Noob
I found that b1 (cutthroat) into ex blade toss jails the opponent, they cannot release block after the b1 connects or they get hit. The downside is that b1 has terrible range and if they block it it pushes them far out. The moves that I found connect at this range are 2, f2, 4, f4, b4, and d4.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't know if this is v but you can meter burn knife toss and you will be plus(on block) to continue pressure. Normally ex toss is +10 (says frame data) except for cybernetic variation (+6). Commando could do a tick throw, cut throat could most likely get a 50/50 off of it, and cyber would be more pressure and most likely amour breaking. The only down side is that normally the first knife is a high, so can be ducked and poked out of. Also, (haven't tested it) most likely get armored through it. While in cyber it should break armor and can be followed up with 112. Just some things to think about when trying to open up your opponent or get some extra chip. I also apologize for how sloppy my post is. I've just been playing for so long haha. I'll fix it after some sleep.
EX knife pressure definitely can be used under the right circumstances only.

In Cybernetics I like mixing in EX Knives for mainly zoning and with the occasional situational closer pressure, but in Cutthroat he has the 50/50 in other ways as well that don't involve using a meter. For example, if you are buffed up in Cutthroat and land a string into EX Knives, run cancel into a 50/50, and combo into a meterless string the damage total for that alone is over 50%.

To follow up on what you're saying though, on block in Cutthroat, say you're doing a B121 string, if you have the meter you can do EX Knives, since this string is safe and easily hit confirm able, and then they have to block the 50/50 a second time in a row. If you're buffed not only will the chip hurt them, but then you have two chances to land 40-50% combos. They won't duck in fear of the slice special pop up and having two consecutive chances at a high damage 50/50 is nothing to sneeze at. That's just one example of quite a few.

Cybernetics on the other hand, don't EX your knives close range too often.

I know nothing of Commando.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
EX knife pressure definitely can be used under the right circumstances only.

In Cybernetics I like mixing in EX Knives for mainly zoning and with the occasional situational closer pressure, but in Cutthroat he has the 50/50 in other ways as well that don't involve using a meter. For example, if you are buffed up in Cutthroat and land a string into EX Knives, run cancel into a 50/50, and combo into a meterless string the damage total for that alone is over 50%.

To follow up on what you're saying though, on block in Cutthroat, say you're doing a B121 string, if you have the meter you can do EX Knives, since this string is safe and easily hit confirm able, and then they have to block the 50/50 a second time in a row. If you're buffed not only will the chip hurt them, but then you have two chances to land 40-50% combos. They won't duck in fear of the slice special pop up and having two consecutive chances at a high damage 50/50 is nothing to sneeze at. That's just one example of quite a few.

Cybernetics on the other hand, don't EX your knives close range too often.

I know nothing of Commando.
Ooo ok ok, awesome, learning more everyday. I've just been playing cyber kano alot cause his moves are cool :p and I just been having a hard time when people finally do get in, since strings are safe but I have to black afterword. Against my clan mate playin erron that means I now have to guess a mix up haha. So I just messed around and found that. Maybe to catch him pushing buttons.