What's new

Kitana wrongly ignored in the tourney scene?

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
I posted about this in another thread:

She has such an all around game imho that seems impervious to style matchups. She can control close quarters (with Cutter, f2,1...f4 mixups), range (with iAF) and Sq. wave can be helpful for placment. I honestly thinks she's really wrongly overlooked at the tournies. Am I wrong guys? The only Kit player Ive seen on the streams is Konqrr, who is THE Kitana player, why is that?

Eight

I am the salt
Different people play different characters.

Konqrr just happens to be the only one repping Kitana publicly.

REO

Undead
I say be on the look out for Crazy Dominican's Kitana at ECT3. His Kitana is extremely good, possibly the best one out there. He even makes my Quan Chi look scrubby as hell :salty:

Yea in canada, there is a good kitana player (neorussel) who has won two tournies so far using mileena and kitana

so yea, just gotta look around for them

I say be on the look out for Crazy Dominican's Kitana at ECT3. His Kitana is extremely good, possibly the best one out there. He even makes my Quan Chi look scrubby as hell :salty:
That makes me nervous. I am going to get so owned at ECT.

REYTHEGREAT

crazy dominican hmmm. i might have to look into his kitana and see how he plays. im learning cyber sub, so i hope ill be ready by ECT

honestly, all of the female characters in this game have been ignored. i think people still aren't over the "stripper" comparison.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You're not wrong. She's hella solid. Matches up well with almost all of the common tournament characters. I don't understand the Kitana players here who talk about dropping her.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Kitana is lethal and as Osu said, she can give practically any character a hard time. You can get 40% damage combos of a jump in kick and around 40% from an air fan!!

I can't wait to see more Kitana play and I anticipate there will be more, I would love to see how others handle certain matchups, since there are a good deal of matches I need to learn about with her.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Hehe I'm sure Hector was facepalming off stream looking at her 50% combos by Konqrr. Which, is pretty friggin' ridiculous that she's remain untouched with largely unbreakable combos. But hey, it takes tournament exposure to receive a nerf, look at Kung Lao...besides the damage nerf it was totally unnecessary. Kitana's a great character regardless though and I knew she had this potential, a good Kitana scares the hell out of me.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
They were aware of her damage before Revelations. I don't think they're going to do much to her and they shouldn't. She gets hella damage off f+2,1 and in the corner. Otherwise her damage isn't that exceptional. My concern is if they screw with her combos overall it'd make the combos off moves like f+4,1 too low.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I can't wait to see what Crazy does with her. I want to steal his stuff for myself!

Kitana d1 best move in the game lol