What's new

Match Footage - Kitana Kitana Tournament/Online Gameplay Archive

RexxyC

what's done is done
Hey everyone! I didn't really see a thread here for it so I thought i'd start one, but I figured we should have our own archive where you can watch high-level play/other Kitana mains online use our favorite Edenian Princess, Kitana. I'll try to keep the thread updated, and if there's a thread like this already feel free to lock this one.

Please post your videos here for other people to see, and if you see that i've missed some tournament footage please let me know so I can add it in. This is also a place for you to help give each other advice on one anothers gameplay (keep it civil). Thanks and I hope this helps!

Kitana Prime vs Premonished ESL Practice Cup #3 Grand Finals:
Kitana Prime vs Perfect Legend ESL Pro League Pre-Season:
EMP Riyo vs Tom Brady @ Paradise Found:
A&C Samir vs A&C ItalDan:
Kitana Prime vs SomeCubanGuy MKX Versus Weekly:
SonicFox vs REO MKX ESL Pro League Season 1 Finals:
TYM Online Gameplay:

RexxyC vs Sandoval903:
RexxyC vs RED_BANDIT_85:
ULTRA SALTY DAN vs HOTFriedNoodles:
CHAKRA ZULU29 vs HOTFriedNoodles:
TYM Other Gameplay

GOES RL Stormy Hard Tower:

Evo Gameplay

SonicFox vs Foxy Grandpa GRAND FINALS:
SonicFox vs Honeybee:
SonicFox vs MIT:
SonicFox vs YOMI DJT:

Last edited:

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
I thought this was a good match even with the loss. I originally watch it to see what in match air fan conversions looked like. (not just in combo videos) So i while im watching im thinking what would change in this match if it was played over again with the new patch changes? Will the approach change or overall game plan when you up on life or low on it? I think @Kitana Prime would be the best person to answer giving the fact it was his match. :) But please any and all player comment is appreciated. I guess im wondering if the the new patch makes her play style different or just enhances it?

I have a few mournful matches from tournaments.

Catch them:

Mortal Clash III

July 6th Weekly

I play Mournful differently depending on opponent but I do like dem rush.

NeoRussell

Ran a tournament in Toronto featuring HoneyBee, Biohazard, Death and many other notable MKX players.

I have a few matches on stream with Mournful as usual. Got to catch them all ;)

NeoRussell

Rean

Noob
Ran a tournament in Toronto featuring HoneyBee, Biohazard, Death and many other notable MKX players.

I have a few matches on stream with Mournful as usual. Got to catch them all ;)

NeoRussell
just small thing i noticed from first kitana mirror - why would you ever block high against kitana? ate a few unnecessary b14 there

and not related to you - that assassin kitana doing 23% combos for useless 5sec sharpen instead of 30-34% made my brain hurt

Last edited:
This match reminded me so much of Kitana mirrors in MK9. I was trying to fight with trades as well. I realized I was not winning that war. You can also hear me in the background cursing my stupidity when I knew I did something wrong like Jump Forward. Damn Kitana players. ;)

Another tournament tonight at 7pm EST (Jul 13th):
www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers

Hope you guys can catch me live.

NeoRussell

Rean

Noob
I was trying to fight with trades as well.
royal storm is the strongers in kitana mirrors. dat fan reflect + closing distance/whiff punish with ass.
i thnk there is very little reason to play mournful in that particular matchup. mostly because other kitana will jump a lot, and nothing better than catching jumps with fans

Kyle BB

"There is always hope"
ESL Shoutout was awesome:

My local scene making fun of me now. haha. Kitana in the news is the best news IMO.

NeoRussell
This might be the match people were talking about...How bad is the Tanya matchup for Tanya....she seems to have no answer for the zoning of Kitana (is this match up as bad for other zoners?). Around Shinnok is where the pace speeds up extravagantly! wow...
Actually downloading this (type ss before youtube when you go to the youtube page) i'm saving this for study when I get MKX for 360...lol.
If only Reo switched to Shinnok sooner...

Rean

Noob
Kitana zoning is nowhere near the same league of kenshi zoning for example, its easily avoidable. all you need is patience. just slowly get kitana cornered while taking 0 damage, and then she cant throw fans around anymore.

but patience and mkx rarely go along together sadly

truth be told, i dont know why people consider kitana a tanya counterpick, considering you can play around it taking literally 0 damage, and kitana has no way to open people up as Reo shown in this gameplay blocking ALL of sonic strings (except 2 unnecessary high blocks). i just dont understand what about kitana makes tanya go "i am bad". i just dont.

Last edited:

Loogaroo

Noob
Don't mean to bombard you guys with videos. My MK community is so active.

A few errors on my end. I really shouldn't try to go for brutality all the time. Cost me this tournament. Haha. A hard lesson for me.

NeoRussell
You should do bigger damage combos. She has 30+% combos that aren't too hard.

-With no bar, the highest I can do within 30%-35%
-With bar, it's around 35%-40%

I usually opt damage for placings instead.
-I do shadow kick to end combos if I need to play distance.
-I do Staff to put them back in the corner
-I do bf3 if I need them close.

I should but i'd rather use opponent placing when doing combos. I always have to think ahead and make sure I know where they will end up.

NeoRussell

I'm back with more spammage of videos.
Tournament from yesterday:

--
Toronto will in Buffalo this weekend so i'll post videos as I can.

NeoRussell

RexxyC

what's done is done
Sorry for not maintaining this well guys! i'm going to get on it tonight or in the morning!