Kitana Tag Team Thread

With Sonya on point:
Dive kick 21 tag assist Fan dash fan dash 2 fan dash F2 DF2 = 50%

With Sheeva on point:
212F1 Tag dash 2 lift dash dash B2 Fan dash fan dash 4 cutter = 41%
212 Tag assist fan dash fan dash 2 fan dash F2 cutter = 44%

Kitana on point with Sheeva in the corner:
F4 stomp assist, B2 fan fan fan 4 cutter d1 cutter = 49%

I like to zone with Kitana, and use Sheeva and Sonya for offense.

The thing with Kitana though is that she does so much damage on her own, there's little to no reason to tag with her when she's on point.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I don't really use kitana, but I know smoke makes an excellent teammate for anybody. He has one of the best tag attacks and tag assists in the game. His tag assist is his smoke cloud so it allows for really extended combos you can't do by yourself without his help leading to some insane damage. His tag attack is his teleport punch which is the fastest attacking teleport punch in the game and is a threat anywhere on screen so he makes an great anti- zoning teammate as well.

Jade is a natural fit for her as well.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Always thought this vid the devs posted made a Kit/Jade tag team interesting:

Plus This:

Ppl including myself focus on the 1v1 side of the game, but there is alot of depth in the tag mode, and you can tell the devs made alot of effort in working on that.

Skarlet seems interesting as well.

From what I've seen, Kitana greatly benefits from any character that has an assist that keeps the opponent grounded during a combo like Nightwolf's assist. It allows her to perform her F4, 2 assist string constantly before the actual juggle. Kitana can normally do this on her own via enhanced fan, but due to the scaling it doesn't produce as much damage as an assist of similar nature.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Kitana/Nightwolf - 21 or f4 to tag assist into her BnB is close to 75% for one bar. I heard that in the 1.02 patch they made tag assists scale, but I haven't messed around with it.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Alright seeing as this topic needs some more content...I'd thought I'd give it a try. Some of these combos can be manipulated and tweaked. Don't be afraid of experimenting! These are Kitana and Jade combos. Sorry for the crappy quality and the background noises (my dad was feeding my sister down the hall...)

Kitana/Jade 45% 13 hit combo 1 bar

-START AS KITANA-
f2 1, njp, dash 4, ground fan toss (df 1), 4, fan lift (bb2), dash dash, b2 air fan toss, dash, ground fan toss, ff+tag

NOTE: -You can add in a towards jump punch as a starter for an extra 3%
-Jade's second shadow kick will NOT connect for this specific combo.
-If your first 4 after the njp hits the opponent to low then substitute a 2 instead of a 4 after the first ground fan toss
-Inputting ff+tag is the same as df+tag but in this combo ff+tag makes it easier.

Kitana/Jade 39% 12 hit combo 1 bar *only in corner

-START AS JADE-
b1 staff overhead (db 2), dash, b2, dash, b3 2 tag assist (db tag button), dash and wait just a LITTLE bit, b3 2 staff grab (df 2)

-You don't have to be exactly in the corner but near it for this combo to work, if done too far away, Kitana's tag assist will whiff.
-You can substitute the staff grab at the end for Jade's double shadow kick. It does the same amount of damage.

Kitana/Jade 46% 7 hit X-Ray combo

-START AS KITANA-
2 1, quick tag, X-Ray

-You can use Kitana's f3 1 instead but it will do 1% less. It looks cooler though!
-The trick to landing Jade's X-Ray is activating it the moment Jade's feet lands from her tag in attack.

Kitana/Jade 49% 9 hit X-Ray combo

-START AS JADE-
f2 1, quick tag, b2 air fan toss, dash dash, b2 X-Ray

-You can substitute the last b2 before the X-Ray for a ground fan toss, but the X-Ray has to be an iA(instant air x-ray) both do the same amount of damage...I think...but this should only be done to show off.

Kitana/Jade 32% 8 hit combo 1 bar

-START AS JADE-
3 4, tag assist (db+tag), b2, dash cancel into b3 2 staff grab (df+2)

-You can substitute the ending staff grab for Jade's double shadow kick. It does the same amount of damage.
-This combo is a mix-up, so if the opponent isn't blocking low, it will connect after the second hit of 3 4.

Kitana/Jade 43% 12 hit combo 1 bar

-START AS JADE-
f2 1, quick tag, b2 air fan toss, dash, ground fan toss, dash, b3 3 EX fan toss cancel, f2 db+3.

-You can substitute the kicking special (db+3) for her fan cutter (df+2). The game will list it as the same damage but the kick special does slightly (about 0.5%) more than the cutter. BUT if the opponent is close enough, you can follow up the fan cutter with a d1, beating the kick combo in terms of damage and spacing because keeping someone in the corner will always work in your favor.

Dark_Ky

Noob
something funny happened the other day:

i was playing tagteam with kitana and sonya against kano. while kano was throwing a knife towards to kitana i activated x-ray and hit thim but he hit kitana too and she died because she had no life left. the funny thing was that kitanans x-ray didnt stop after she died but instead sonya continued it!! xD sonya had kitanas fans in her hands and performed kitanas x-ray on kano lol

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Jax works really well with kitana before the patch they were beast together (idk about after the patch havent been able to play yet :( )

start with jax out....
jump in punch, 2, f2, b1, tag air fan, dash, ground fan, dash, f2, cutter 47% damage

with kitana starting out
jump in punch, b2, air fan, dash, ground fan, dash, 3, 3, tag, enhanced dash punch 47% damage

like i said idk how much damage these do after the patch but still they are beasts together