What's new

Strategy Kitana General discussion

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
I remember when I used 212 early on. It felt like so nice and rushy. But no one seemed to use it at higher levels so I forgot about it.

I never used 112 too but then we started seeing at higher levels.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The hitbox on 21 is huge and the 1 part picks them up off the ground if they lay there. If you do 21~cutter they can duck and punish or low poke but if you do 212 the last hit will hit them out of everything. You can stand outside sweep distance and do 21 and the 1 will hit kung lao out of his spin while it is active. 21 lowers her hitbox so much that Noob's teleport whiffs, etc etc

It is becoming increasingly easier to win with all of this up close shit lol

The hitbox on 21 is huge and the 1 part picks them up off the ground if they lay there. If you do 21~cutter they can duck and punish or low poke but if you do 212 the last hit will hit them out of everything. You can stand outside sweep distance and do 21 and the 1 will hit kung lao out of his spin while it is active. 21 lowers her hitbox so much that Noob's teleport whiffs, etc etc

It is becoming increasingly easier to win with all of this up close shit lol
also, doing 2,1, 2,1,2, or 2,1 cutter, or dash grab, etc.

works well.
doing 2,1,2 makes people respect after being hit by 1.
2 is so long and fast, it tends to catch people trying to reacting by a situational 2,1 whiff.
it's good, but not godly, it can be punished if your next 2,1 whiffs

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
hey peepz, relearning kitana now that I'm using a diy hitbox.

what's the best way to iAF? Neutral jump? jump backwards? jump in front? Are they situational?

help would be apprecciated

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The perfect setup is forward throw. If you train them to stay there by punishing their wakeup or rollback, then they will stay on the ground and you can then 21 where the 1 picks them up off the ground for a free combo.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It's just a tool that everybody will know about and have in mind while playing Kitana. Nothing scary. God bless the Internet and TYM members for sharing their knowledge.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you are using a hitbox, then you should just use a straight up jump input to do iAF. I use jump back for my iAF because I use a stick and rarely get any input errors.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
If you are using a hitbox, then you should just use a straight up jump input to do iAF. I use jump back for my iAF because I use a stick and rarely get any input errors.
Are they all equally fast? Because jump back iaf recovery seems a bit faster than neutral jump iaf's-

aj1701

Noob
I believe there's a delay of a few frames from when you hit up until you actually jump, to allow for u+button moves. Forward / backwards jumps should come out immediately though, so a directional jump for IAF should come out a few frames quicker. Unless i'm completely wrong ;)

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Im stariting to incorporate 2~fan in my game as an anti-cross up but the frame delay for swicthing directions makes it feel awkward and risky. What do u guys do to direct this? Any thoughts?

Also I think its been said that EX fan lift is good as an anti-crossup right?